What's new

Worlds biggest illegale Gun market in Pakistan

@ghast
why talk about it while we plan to starve the entire nation of pakistan to death.

yes the future indian proposed dams is any indication, we will have not water left

i will still say lets see for future
and for future dam its not been cleared yet by international community it was stopped way back in 2005

here is your proof, and Sir please become informed before you open your...

how come an election data be proof of india funding baloch
if so then i will also post kashmir election data

u still dont get it do u srilankans problem
LTTE was fromed by tamils in srilanka due to inequality faced by them, it garnered support from indian gov, but was not created .In order to gain support of tamils(tamil nadu in india) by congress tey supported tamils cause but later congress realized tat ltte was playing bit more dangerous game, tey also want an tamil nadu as separate land so tey banned it ,so ltte was banned by gov 20 yrs ago itself

bangladesh yes there are issues
dude u read the cause in tat link of yours i think tat itself explained the reason very well

Bangladesh insists that it does not receive a fair share of the Ganga waters during the drier seasons, and gets flooded during the monsoons when India releases excess waters.

if u would have lived in bihar u would have known the reason dude every year this region gets flood in rainy season such is the climate and in drier seson it dries up quickly too so, how come india can control climate i cant understand

Indian border force's killing of people while crossing
so wat u want BSF to do sit happily and let the illegal immigrants into india
wat about tey killing our BSF

ITS illegal gun market !!!!

but its running smoothly. and there are no such big illegal gun market in world thats why you dotn have same - talebani killing in other parts of world.

these gun market will give you a good copy of chinese , indian, russian , american weapons.

and you saying ttp is using - other weapon so - who the hell is using these weapons mate????? somebody must be because thats why this market exists.

and its not indian fuss- its a humanitarian fuss, people are bloody dying everyday in big numbers in pakistan.

and if America have easy gun policy they are suffering too. two wrong dotn make one right. more over they law enforcement is way stronger.

people who support these market are breakign law or atleast supporting criminals !!!!

First of all don't tell me what quality of weapons they make, as they have very very rare good quality manufacturers, whole prices nearly reaches any good foreign made gun.

These guns have many issues, their barrels wear out after a few hundred or a thousand+ rounds, majority of the weapons can't be fired constantly as it becomes very hot and can burst, so the reliability of these guns is very poor, making them unfit for combat use. As they are of very poor quality. Majority of the purchasers are local city people who don't have to use them in combat, rather for hoe defence or just for show off. Recently i bought a Chinese 9mm for 33K even i could the best of Darra made pistol for 10-15K, but as usual reliability was an issue, especially keeping SD as a factor.

Their best sold weapons are pistols, shotguns and single fire copies of AK-47, 74 etc etc etc used for security guard duties and hoe defence things.

And since last 5-6 years the market has taken a lot of hit and majority of the gun smith businesses have closed.

The weapons of Darra are not for combat, unreliable they are. Even their bullets are known to cause FTF & FTE issues a lot.

Their major market is the tribal people themselves, and the other pakistani people looking for cheap weapons which they employ rarely in their life. But for combat TTP, Afghan Mujaheddin and others prefer Chinese / Russian weapons, which come from across the border.

The weapons of Darra are not for combat, unreliable they are. Even their bullets are known to cause FTF & FTE issues a lot.

Combat?!! This is about crime.

This is not about the TTP or other militant organization, are you seriously suggesting that buying assault rifles has no effect on crime in a country? That you're okay with criminals carrying assault weapons?

You do realise that those nations that have gun control laws have statistically a lower crime rate than those without?

Civil society is better off without assault rifles. Period.

I personally think, this is also a cultural issue. In northern India - mostly Haryana, as in Pakistan, guns are embedded in the culture. Firing a gun in the air during celebrations is quite common. This just doesn't happen in other parts of India. Perhaps on a subconscious level, the gun is a symbol of masculinity in these cultures?

I feel Pakistani's are much more passionate about weapons than anyone else I have ever met.

Its not a passion, its been culture for hundreds of years . Pakistan is state of waring tribes, Pashtuns,Baluch,Sindhi,Punjabi, they were all armed and war monger tribes for centuries. Its in their blood. It will evaporate slowly as the education pass on.

Combat?!! This is about crime.

This is not about the TTP or other militant organization, are you seriously suggesting that buying assault rifles has no effect on crime in a country? That you're okay with criminals carrying assault weapons?

You do realise that those nations that have gun control laws have statistically a lower crime rate than those without?

Civil society is better off without assault rifles. Period.

I personally think, this is also a cultural issue. In northern India - mostly Haryana, as in Pakistan, guns are embedded in the culture. Firing a gun in the air during celebrations is quite common. This just doesn't happen in other parts of India. Perhaps on a subconscious level, the gun is a symbol of masculinity in these cultures?

My post was in response to the allegation or thought that TTP or other militants get their weapons from here.

It is very common sense, that free or easy availability of guns helps criminals and helps in giving a raise to the crime rate.

I don't think there is anything to talk about that, as its very logical that weapons getting in peoples hands will help criminals too. If the teenagers in US had no easy availability to handguns, the massacres in their schools would have not happened or one or two such incidents would have hardly happened.

So yes, its very logical such illegal industries should be not allowed and let flourish.

GoP is trying for the last few years to bring them into legal stream by getting them under the POF umbrella and they manufacture for POF and become kind of a public-private partnership with overview from govt. But the law & order situation has hampered the initiative, lets see if something good comes out of it in future.

no, the weapons are actually pretty good quality. Most are locally made, but some are Chinese, Italian and Russian made.

I remember I went to Darra bazar several years back. I saw Austrian AUG Steyr rifle, i was shocked. You can buy pens that shoot single rounds up to 55 meters.

you make the request, they will find you the weapon. :)

here is Pakistani hero Shahid Afridi at a LEGAL gun shop @ Karachi

Last edited by a moderator:
illegal markets should be either legalized and put under scrutiny, or else they should be banned and shut down

these arent pan they are selling.....

It is government responsibility to promote dara weapon market and to improve their quality and standard.Million of local people are getting benefit of this business.

It is part of Pushtoon, Baloch culture and tradition.I think crime rate in tribel belt is very low as campared to other part of country due to their tradition , this cottage industry should also be introduced in other cities of Pakistan but under legal frame work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun & Drug culture is nothing to be proud about. Guns are falling in criminal hands. Government has no sovereignity or its writ in these areas. Guns in hands of criminals, gangs or militia is dangerous thing for civil society. Most people killed by these guns are not the foreign enemies but innocent by standers caught family/blood feuds over land, property or women. Successive Pakistani rulers haven ignored even encouraged the problem which has now gone beyound point of no return. This culture & violence is now spreading to metropolitan areas like karachi & Lahore. Ordinary law binding citizens are no longer safe.

To the best of my knowledge, while Pathan tribals always liked to carry a gun on their shoulders, ownership of firearms in Punjab was quite rare until the Afghan war. IMO one of the main reasons is complete lack of trust on the police.

Since police is never around when needed; ordinary citizens feel that they have no choice but to take all possible measures for the protection of their family and their property. I admit that it is wrong to possess illegal arms. However, since everyone else especially the criminals own legal or illegal firearms, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one too. So that in the event my family or my property is threatened; I am able take a few with me instead of becoming a victim of some ignorant bigot without offering any resistance.

You are not wrong when u say so brother.

You know the people from the northern provinces which include NWFP, FATA, FANA, Baluchistan are warriors by nature and they are the same people who invaded india for centuries.

So its in their nature and infact they know the importance of weapons and they had realized centuries ago the technology to manufacture your own weapons is as essential as the skills and courage to use it.

So it runs in their blood, infact in my blood too coz i am also a pathan.

Its more to do with matter of accessiblity .And as u said tradition.

In my home state ,odisa ,Tribals living in western part of odisa usually carry bow and arrow as its their way of life.

Given a chance i would to have collect couple of Ak-47 as personal keep..But alas,in india, keeping assult rifle is a severe offence for civilians ...the jain term is of five yrs of imprisonment.U cant even get license for that.

Having been to Darra a few times I could add that it is indeed one of the oldest and most traditional market in the region for small arms. Walking about the streets one could hear the periodic aerial firing of the artisans to test one feature or the other of the created pistols, revolvers, shot guns and machine guns. Darra is a long tribal tradition and its artisans have familial expertise in making weapons while sitting in small shacks and using generally hands to crave out barrels and small components. I was gifted two very antique guns (from circa 1860 I would believe) and I still hold them very dear.

Darra is a local age old tradition of the tribal area. Yes most of the Pakistanis love weapons, its in our blood unlike other demure races in this region.

Lastly, there is nothing ILLEGAL about Darra. If this yardstick is then applied to other parts of the world, 50% of the world small arms market is illegal including the ones in US and Russia who are the largest producers and users of firearms.

Lastly, I fired in Darra a copy of the Berretta 92FS, a 40mm Grenade Launcher, a mini-AK47 and my favorite to say the least, Russian Draganov Sniper 7.62mm Rifle. Darra also exports a lot of actual replicas of famous guns to the US under the aegis of Defense Export Promotion Organization or DEPO.

Apart from ARMS the place is famous for its Delicious Chappal Kababs . Been their personally ..

You are wrong, the only warmongering tribes are pushtoons and occassionally balochs. read history and educate yourself, punjabis are farmers, they dnt have warrior blood, througout history they have been defeated by afghan/turanic people. their ancestors such as prithvi raj chohan and the rajputs were defeated and enslaved. these people have no warrior history therefore they choose to associate them selves with afghan/turanic history, naming missiles ghuri, ghaznavi etc. same can be said of sindhis, however balochs have great history and warrior tradition. darra is not illegal and no one can shut it down, not even the fed gov.

warrior came from Punjab too if we see the history
The Bala Hisar Fort is Peshawar's largest landmark
Bala Hisar Fort derives its name "Bala Hisar" from Persian, meaning elevated or high fort. Its name was apparently given by the Afghan King Taimur Shah Durrani (1773-1793). The Sikhs who conquered Peshawar named it Samir Garh in 1834 but the name did not become popular. The fort stands on a high mound in [View More]

Many were JAT by cast know as Punjabi warriors

Last edited:
Now THAT is where the Pakistani Troops should be heading.

I remember along time ago when I was in Pakistan I got to shoot a Kalashnikov. Probably one of the highlights of my life right there.

Back
Top Bottom