What's new

World Bank forecast 4.4% growth rate for Pakistan FY2014/15

Stopped investment from china as a starter, the investment which was coming to build dams, nuclear power plants etc, put more negative impact on investor trust (with less investor it will be harder to achieve goaled the growth rate), dollar up means loan return grew as well? its stupid when whole economy factors showing a huge impact by the dharna and PTI followers denying the facts...

it is very stupid when a clear rejection has come from china denying of any visit was ever planned by china's president and here you come telling me about the investments from china. plus do i need to take you back to the previous tenors of NS to show you the poor growth in the economy I AM SORRY there was no IMRAN KHAN then. if they wanted they would have spend those billions wasted money on some dams instead of injecting into the projects like nandi poor which is the biggest example of their incompetence.

Sorry but it is technically Imran khans fault the economy is slowed down by 2%
Btw the PMLN is building a lot of electricity plants in Pakistan. If all goes well, by end of 2020, load shedding will be thing of past in Pakistan (for real this time)

I think it's best for Imran Khan to show what his party can do in KPK. Pakistanis love mega projects and big investments, he should do a lot more and compare with PTI performance. Then he and PMLN can compete on next election. Though I agree the election results need to be recounted again, and poll rigging abolished. Imran Khan was very right in this and I think next election will definently be a free and fair election.

2015-2020 will be a big series of years for Pakistan. It will decide if Pakistan still wants to live as third world country where people have no hope, or come into the first world by the 2050s.

Thats really what IK should have done from the beginning and is now realizing (metro bus in peshawar as well now apparently). Instead he has taken the country down the dangerous road of anarchy causing the nations economy an even greater burden. As soon as this "azadi" march ends I will probably become a PTI supporter again but this march is causing a political and economic crises in the country at a time when we are surrounded by enemies at all sides. The econonmy was at the moment picking up and looking to break the 5% mark. Moody's upgraded Pakistans credit rating. The Chinese were coming to ink big billion dollar deals. But now we have politcial instability, reduced growth projections and cancelled foreign visits. At the end of the day the nation and its interests matter far more than Imran Khan or PTI ever will.

Bangledesh will ovettake the Pakistan GDP by 2021 based on current relative growth rates

Bangladesh FOREX reseves are already at $22 billion in comparison Pakistan is only $14 billion.

it is very stupid when a clear rejection has come from china denying of any visit was ever planned by china's president and here you come telling me about the investments from china. plus do i need to take you back to the previous tenors of NS to show you the poor growth in the economy I AM SORRY there was no IMRAN KHAN then. if they wanted they would have spend those billions wasted money on some dams instead of injecting into the projects like nandi poor which is the biggest example of their incompetence.
Seriously.. Stop following Imran Khan Blindly, he is a liar...

Taking PMLN lies about Chinese investment & Presidential visit to the cleaners
So far Nandi pur powerproject concern, it was supposed to complete in 2011, and because of so many delays cost increased, Government have explained this so many times. Like M1 cost grew, when BB stopped, then Musharaf stopped when cost grew from 6 billion to 21 billion, and also kick out Turkish company, but Musharaf then end up finishing same for 24 billion. It is the fact, when you stop the project cost grow..

Bangledesh will ovettake the Pakistan GDP by 2021 based on current relative growth rates

Bangladesh FOREX reseves are already at $22 billion in comparison Pakistan is only $14 billion.

It does not matter if it surpasses Pakistan but BD has a very strong fundamentals based on domestic investment, domestic savings, low budget deficit, low foreign debt and current account surplus. BD also consistently maintaining 8% and above industrial growth rate and transforming agricultural workforce to industrial workforce rapidly. It is pretty much on track. Industry is the driving force in BD's growth.

PTI propagandists can try all they want, but they can not change facts. You are mistaking diplomatic language for a denial. You are too young to understand this. BTW Chinese embassy did point at the 'current' instability. Now if you do care to apply your mind to what that meant is your problem.

IK's politics has been a disaster for economy over the last three months.

Your ideas about dams and electricity generation are also flawed because you are not thinking about capacity, time for completion of projects, seasonal fluctuations, and requirements. For Pakistan, there is no silver bullet that can cure everything. Dams are not a cure for everything. People who deal with energy issues know these things, but PTI trolls do not wish to understand.

We know the limitations of this government. But we have to see it through til the completion of its term. Economic growth can not come with instability. This is another thing PTI trolls conveniently ignore.

When everyone is saying the same thing, inside and outside of Pakistan, you would do well to listen and think.

PTI propagandists can try all they want, but they can not change facts. You are mistaking diplomatic language for a denial. You are too young to understand this. BTW Chinese embassy did point at the 'current' instability. Now if you do care to apply your mind to what that meant is your problem.

Your ideas about dams and electricity generation are also flawed because you are not thinking about capacity, time for completion of projects, seasonal fluctuations, and requirements. For Pakistan, there is no silver bullet that can cure everything. Dams are not a cure for everything. People who deal with energy issues know these things, but PTI trolls do not wish to understand.

We know the limitations of this government. But we have to see it through til the completion of its term. Economic growth can not come with instability. This is another thing PTI trolls conveniently ignore.

When everyone is saying the same thing, inside and outside of Pakistan, you would do well to listen and think.
Neelum Jehlum project just proved PML N mafia corruption even first phase is just able to produce 89 mega watts and all other projects are also being hit with comission and corruption

Neelum Jehlum project just proved PML N mafia corruption even first phase is just able to produce 89 mega watts and all other projects are also being hit with comission and corruption

What proof are you talking about? Care to provide and discuss? Or is it just PTI rumor factory getting it wrong, like always?

Moreover, what does your rumor-mongering have to do with the gist of my post? PPP government was corrupt, but still it completed its term and handed over power to another civilian government. If PTI can not win elections, then it should play the part of credible opposition, and not a spoiled brat.

So, instead of acting like a juvenile, prove your assertions and rumors.

What is wrong. I remember an article I had came across on PDF stating much higher GDP growth rate for Pakistan. Chinese members had happily argued that Pakistan GDP growth rate will cross that of India. I think that article had predicted much higher rate for Pakistan.

Moreover, what does your rumor-mongering have to do with the gist of my post? PPP government was corrupt, but still it completed its term and handed over power to another civilian government. If PTI can not win elections, then it should play the part of credible opposition, and not a spoiled brat.

Exactly.

When Pakistan has adopted parliamentarian democracy model, what ever changes are to be made should be made into the frame work of tat democratic system. It should not be allowed to be hijacked by any idiot who pop up at any time and demand desolation of democratically elected government or demand a national government. Nawaz is a shrewd politician. The way he has handled the crisis without shading blood deserves a praise. I think he is the best which Pakistan has in present condition. Completion of 5 years of democratic government and smooth transition of power to new government shows maturating of democracy in Pakistan. Pakistan deserves congratulation for that.

Last edited:
Afghanistan grew 14.4% in 2012.

This is why I believe South Asia is way too poor to fully develope until at least 2050.

A minimum of 7% growth is required each year just to keep with the pace of population growth. Anything less than that is negligible in real terms.

Afghanistan grew 14.4% in 2012.

This is why I believe South Asia is way too poor to fully develope until at least 2050.

A minimum of 7% growth is required each year just to keep with the pace of population growth. Anything less than that is negligible in real terms.

Afghanistan is barely growing 1% now

here you go another nooni with the same bullcrap making mockery out of himself. it was denied categorically by chinese government that there was any visit planned. but you just have to be a typical nooni with no brain in his head and just only because his masters said it so you have to defend it BLINDLY?
if IK's politics was a disaster then so many people wouldn't have been following him. how can you call an election legitimate when you can't verify 60-70 thousands of votes in every constituency? and then comes out all these election commission and other reports pointing the different factors which makes this election a joke.
far out man solute to your thinking so if dams are not the answer then projects like Nandipoor's are the solutions where more then 50 billion rupees have been injected so far and not a single unit of electricity can be generated from it and moreover even if it starts generating power it will not be less then :40 RUPEES A UNIT". is this a joke??? and calling my ideas flawed? have you ever heard about micro dams? i simply may not be an expert of power generation but one thing i do know that our country has HUGE potential for small and medium size dams but just only COZ MOST THEM CAN BE CONSTRUCTED IN PTI GOVERNED STATE they will never ever build them.
yeah right LIMITATION OF A 2/3 majority government? if they had genuinely won elections they wouldn't be so powerless as they are now. plus what are you bragging about this instability? these are protests these are genuine protests for the rights of the people, but off course you don't get that coz you have absolutely no morality left in you by supporting those who have brought us in to this mess in the first place by looting this country and then running away to jeddah and england like cowards when needed by the country most.

here you go another nooni with the same bullcrap making mockery out of himself. it was denied categorically by chinese government that there was any visit planned. but you just have to be a typical nooni with no brain in his head and just only because his masters said it so you have to defend it BLINDLY?
if IK's politics was a disaster then so many people wouldn't have been following him. how can you call an election legitimate when you can't verify 60-70 thousands of votes in every constituency? and then comes out all these election commission and other reports pointing the different factors which makes this election a joke.
far out man solute to your thinking so if dams are not the answer then projects like Nandipoor's are the solutions where more then 50 billion rupees have been injected so far and not a single unit of electricity can be generated from it and moreover even if it starts generating power it will not be less then :40 RUPEES A UNIT". is this a joke??? and calling my ideas flawed? have you ever heard about micro dams? i simply may not be an expert of power generation but one thing i do know that our country has HUGE potential for small and medium size dams but just only COZ MOST THEM CAN BE CONSTRUCTED IN PTI GOVERNED STATE they will never ever build them.
yeah right LIMITATION OF A 2/3 majority government? if they had genuinely won elections they wouldn't be so powerless as they are now. plus what are you bragging about this instability? these are protests these are genuine protests for the rights of the people, but off course you don't get that coz you have absolutely no morality left in you by supporting those who have brought us in to this mess in the first place by looting this country and then running away to jeddah and england like cowards when needed by the country most.
Political turmoil: Early estimate puts losses at 2.1% of GDP, says WB

Back
Top Bottom