What's new

World Bank forecast 4.4% growth rate for Pakistan FY2014/15

could you explain why that is? I am curious to know :)

Sri Lankans already have a standard of living better than most of countries in this part of the world, so manufacturing won't be profitable, apart from FMCGs. The only way for them to flourish is to emaluate Singapore, and rely on tourism and service based sector.

Sri Lankans already have a standard of living better than most of countries in this part of the world, so manufacturing won't be profitable, apart from FMCGs. The only way for them to flourish is to emaluate Singapore, and rely on tourism and service based sector.

so pretty much they can afford a 4-5% growth rate. I see your point.

As per the the same chart and check the column for India in the same year.

So does that mean India grew by 5.6% in FY 2013-14(last year) and 6.4% FY 2014 -15(this year)?

However the reality is ..

We are talking about Pakistan,Not India.And for Pakistan in the detailed part they have already confirmed it for the 2014-15 as does by IMF(4.2%) aswell as ADB(4.2%) for 2014-15

India i believe is already into the third quarter while we had our first quarter ended only last week

The 2014 growth outlook has definitely been damaged by the political instability and rioting in Islamabad.

makes me sick with all these noonies with stupid excuses blaming IK for everything. Is IK stoping these GANJAS from building dams??? these bloody corrupt two brothers are busy in injecting money in useless projects like nandipoor instead spending it on right projects.
Stopped investment from china as a starter, the investment which was coming to build dams, nuclear power plants etc, put more negative impact on investor trust (with less investor it will be harder to achieve goaled the growth rate), dollar up means loan return grew as well? its stupid when whole economy factors showing a huge impact by the dharna and PTI followers denying the facts...

We are talking about Pakistan,Not India.And for Pakistan in the detailed part they have already confirmed it for the 2014-15 as does by IMF(4.2%) aswell as ADB(4.2%) for 2014-15

India i believe is already into the third quarter while we had our first quarter ended only last week

It has nothing to do with quarter..it is simply the matter..if you know how to read a simple chart and the fact..
When the world Bank says FY 2014..does it mean FY 2013 -14 or FY 2014-15.

As far as the explanations is concerned ..I already gave you detailed explanation how ..a figure 4.1% growth rate for current FY in World Bank forecast 4.4% growth rate for Pakistan FY2014/15

54820bbd4de9fbd2a98db24f86841c9d-_-jpg.114829

So if you believe Pakistan will be growing 4.4% this FY..consequently you have to check the Indian growth rate in the corresponding column and agree, that Indian will be growing 6.4 % this year.

4.4% is a war and political crisis country is actually commendable !!

It has nothing to do with quarter..it is simply the matter..if you know how to read a simple chart and the fact..
When the world Bank says FY 2014..does it mean FY 2013 -14 or FY 2014-15.

As far as the explanations is concerned ..I already gave you detailed explanation how ..a figure 4.1% growth rate for current FY in World Bank forecast 4.4% growth rate for Pakistan FY2014/15

So if you believe Pakistan will be growing 4.4% this FY..consequently you have to check the Indian growth rate in the corresponding column and agree, that Indian will be growing 6.4 % this year.

Yes i believe Pakistan will grow 4.4% this but India 5.7% this year because in the detailed post they had mentioned 6.3% for India in 2015-16 and 4.3-4.6% for Pakistan in 2014-15

bba074aab71079732988e9011dff1e79.jpg

Last edited:
Yes i believe Pakistan will grow 4.4% this but India 5.7% this year because in the detailed post they had mentioned 6.3% for India in 2015-16

And there lies the contradiction in your argument.. you are believing what suits to and not what world Bank is saying.

and 4.3-4.6% for Pakistan in 2014-15

View attachment 116232[/quote]

Once again I am forced to give you explanation already given to you earlier.

Real the last two sentences.

However, this outlook is based upon the important assumption that the political events of August 2014 have not damaged investor confidence or increased overall country risk. These events have already inflicted short-term losses of 2.1 percent of GDP (early September estimates).

Let us assume( as the world bank is) there are no further protests in Pakistan and the investor confidence is still intact despite recent protests.

The highest growth rate being expected out of Pakistan is 4.6%.

But a short term loss of 2.1 % has already been inflicted due to these protests in the present quarter.
Hence in this quarter growth would be 4.6% - 2.1% = 2.5 %

If the growth in remaning 3 quarters is 4.6 %..still the GDP growth for entire year will 4.6*3 + 2.5 / 4 = 4.075 % or rounded off to 4.1% as mentioned in here.

Sri Lanka seems to have the most solid base in South Asia so far for a prolonged growth in the economy

@Gibbs

Mostly generated on massive infrastructure developments, Foreign remittances and tourism.. The problem would be when those massive loans have to be repaid in massive interests for those projects ? Not so sure how solid that base would be in 5 years

I will OLD ENOUGH to watch developed
Pakistan
Right Now my Only Film of Amuse, ....is watching hero IMRAN-KHAN as smashing his Big Opponents one-by-one
and their Gang-Bang "PDF" noonis supporter PATWARIS

oh chup kar chaprasi....

Mostly generated on massive infrastructure developments, Foreign remittances and tourism.. The problem would be when those massive loans have to be repaid in massive interests for those projects ? Not so sure how solid that base would be in 5 years
Sri Lanka is blessed with a thriving tourism potential.I have been there in 2012 and must say that they have quite well developed infrastructure.

4.4% seems good growth rate but I am sure it will be revised at some point.

Back
Top Bottom