What's new

World Bank approves 600 million dollars for Dasu, 100 million dollars for Sindh Water Irrigation

OMG is anyone adding up all this money so we know how much was available, how much got used and how much went missing?
what do you mean?

Any more details on Sindh project?
Apologise for missing your post earlier

That's 100 million dollars for Sindh Water Irrigation Programme

There are number of relevant projects by World Bank so not sure if it's combined for all or one of them. I know just one of these projects costs about 84 million dollars with committed amount of about 60 million dollars by World Bank, you can check the exact figures from one of the following website

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/extern.../E44730SAR0EA0P1458130Box382170B00PUBLIC0.pdf

Pakistan - Sindh Water Sector Improvement Project Phase I : P084302 - Implementation Status Results Report : Sequence 14 (English) | The World Bank

Projects : Sindh On-Farm Water Management Project | The World Bank

Pakistan - First Phase of the Sindh Irrigated Agriculture Productivity Enhancement Project : environmental impact assessment (English) | The World Bank#

Last edited:
Budget speed main bas ye bola thaa

Basically Government ka zayada focus un projects ko fund karna hai jo foreign sources se nahi ho paa rahay such as Bhasha dam or small projects which can be completed without the need of foreign loans. Dasu is somewhat easy since it has not faced any opposition from within and the neighbouring countries and World Bank and few other countries has shown keen interest investing in this project. So it is relatively easy to fund from foreign sources hence no amount seems to have been allocated in the budget for Dasu dam.

16 hours ki loadshedding ho rahi hAai,,, :(

16 hours ki loadshedding ho rahi hAai,,, :(
Government chahay to 1 second main loadshedding khatum kar de...

Par phir har 1 minute ke 7 lakh rupee pocket se loss ka bharna paray ga :D

Cheap electricity ke liye wait karna paray ga - for another 3-5 years. This list of possible under construction/proposed projects was created by me couple of weeks ago for another thread. I predict at least 25,000MW of electricity will be added in the next 10 years, just enough to fulfil energy demands at that time.

Energy.png

Cheap electricity ke liye wait karna paray ga - for another 3-5 years. This list of possible under construction/proposed projects was created by me couple of weeks ago for another thread. I predict at least 25,000MW of electricity will be added in the next 10 years, just enough to fulfil energy demands at that time.

Energy.png

I pay full bills, I deserve fucking uninterrupted electricity, its WAPDA's failure if they are unable to fix their employees who are involved in corruption..

solar per duty khatam ho gai hai na ?

I pay full bills, I deserve fucking uninterrupted electricity, its WAPDA's failure if they are unable to fix their employees who are involved in corruption..

solar per duty khatam ho gai hai na ?

Excuse me Sir, you pay the bills for others to enjoy electricity. I am sure they thank you very much! :D

Par phir har 1 minute ke 7 lakh rupee pocket se loss ka bharna paray ga

Loadshedding will remain a permanent feature of the power sector for decades to comes. There is no escaping it, but it can be reduced.

Excuse me Sir, you pay the bills for others to enjoy electricity. I am sure they thank you very much! :D

Loadshedding will remain a permanent feature of the power sector for decades to comes. There is no escaping it, but it can be reduced.

ja zalima tu nay woh chori chala di hai dil per k kut ker do totay hoga hai mera dil.... :(

Last edited:

Energy.png

Nice work man! Do you work in a related field?

You are always pessimist so what can I say. There has never been so many ongoing projects funded by various sources (World Bank, ADB, IMF, Islamic Bank, China, Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, USA and private investors) in the history of Pakistan. I can finally predict that the gap between demand and supply is going to start reducing from 2015 to respectable range in 2016/17 and finally get eliminated by 2020. I know our energy demands are going to grow in the meanwhile but there is enough evidence to claim that we will be able to meet up with the demand thanks to long term future projects of Bhasha, Bunji, Munda, Yulbu, Nuclear and coal fired plants awaiting to go under construction by then... Bhasha is a source of worry in 2014 due to financial constraints but it may no longer be the case in 2016-20 when we would definitely have found an investor by then or else the our budget is going to be around 80-90 billion dollars by 2020 so we would be in position to take mega projects in our hand and complete from our own resources. The budget in 2007 was 1875 billion rupees and compare it this year's budget outlay of 4300 billion rupees, it is likely to get doubled in the next 6 years.

The total installed capacity already exceeds the demand but they want to bring the cost down by shutting the expensive source of energy from time to time. Once we have mixed with cheaper hydro and coal electricity, it might be a different story

Energy.png

work on 2200MW nuclear power plants already started. You need to update it, will be completed by 2019.

KARACHI | K2 and K3 Nuclear Power Plants | 2,200 MW | U/C - SkyscraperCity

1546322_602912296461330_2137845894_n1_zps3e8e538e.jpg

Basha dam is also given even if WB don't provide funds. Bunji 7100mw is also very important, by next year we will get better update on it. Also Solar power plant in Bawalpur will generate 1500mw when completed instead of initial plan of 1000mw.

Nice work man! Do you work in a related field?
No I don't - just keep myself updated about energy related projects

work on 2200MW nuclear power plants already started. You need to update it, will be completed by 2019
I was thinking to the same that when I was taking screenshot I forgot to the replace the word proposed to under construction as it was copy-paste on excel sheet... But the truth stands that it's a problematic project due to financial constraints. Right now it's going through the basics.. I will wait and see how it goes in the future

I should have written under construction I know... but the status in my view is still not so bright

You are always pessimist so what can I say. There has never been so many ongoing projects funded by various sources (World Bank, ADB, IMF, Islamic Bank, China, Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, USA and private investors) in the history of Pakistan. I can finally predict that the gap between demand and supply is going to start reducing from 2015 to respectable range in 2016/17 and finally get eliminated by 2020. I know our energy demands are going to grow in the meanwhile but there is enough evidence to claim that we will be able to meet up with the demand thanks to long term future projects of Bhasha, Bunji, Munda, Yulbu, Nuclear and coal fired plants awaiting to go under construction by then... Bhasha is a source of worry in 2014 due to financial constraints but it may no longer be the case in 2016-20 when we would definitely have found an investor by then or else the our budget is going to be around 80-90 billion dollars by 2020 so we would be in position to take mega projects in our hand and complete from our own resources. The budget in 2007 was 1875 billion rupees and compare it this year's budget outlay of 4300 billion rupees, it is likely to get doubled in the next 6 years.

The total installed capacity already exceeds the demand but they want to bring the cost down by shutting the expensive source of energy from time to time. Once we have mixed with cheaper hydro and coal electricity, it might be a different story

The problem is not generating capacity. The real problems are theft, circular debt and mismanagement. Given the rate of adding generation and increase in power demand, and the ongoing issues I have mentioned, means that my position is realistic, not pessimistic. Loadshedding will remain.

work on 2200MW nuclear power plants already started. You need to update it, will be completed by 2019.
and also I am not convinced that Nuclear power plant with generation capacity of 2200MW will be completed in just 5 years. Wait until 2025 at least... You are going to hear the deadline increasing every year. Chashma is just 340 MW and it took about 9 years to be completed, any Nuclear power plant takes at least 8-10 years.

I wish someone donates $700m towards education... Assuming it costs $100,000 to build a REALLY good school, with 700m, we can have 7,000 schools.

Of course we can make far more. Buying books, computers, softwares, furniture and so forth in bulk can vastly reduce price. Plus some regions will require cheaper, smaller schools. Gov't owns a lot of land, so extra money saved there. So we can get some 10,000-15,000 schools being made within a year or two.

Yes we need bijli, but we need loans for education.. We can have school built in a year vs this dam in 10 years. How many kids will be out of school for 10 years?
And how would we meet our power needs? By putting these kids on Pedal Power Generators :azn:

No I don't - just keep myself updated about energy related projects

I was thinking to the same that when I was taking screenshot I forgot to the replace the word proposed to under construction as it was copy-paste on excel sheet... But the truth stands that it's a problematic project due to financial constraints. Right now it's going through the basics.. I will wait and see how it goes in the future

I should have written under construction I know... but the status in my view is still not so bright

"Last November, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif performed the ground breaking ceremony of Pakistan’s largest nuclear power projects, Kanupp-II and Kanupp-III. China is providing the two reactors alongside a concessional loan of $6.5 billion for the construction of these $9.59 billion plants. When completed in November 2019, these would add 2,200MW to Pakistan’s electric power, at a very cheap rate."

Nuclear power generation

So no worries for Kanupp II and III. Should be completed by 2021 even if dead line of 2019 is missed.

Back
Top Bottom