What's new

World Armies - Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are hearing of bangladesh will buy submarin navy will be three dimentional force for a long time now after this long wait we now confirm of buying helicopter for navy but still 9 years to get our hand on submarin .

our army still does not have any attack helicopter and does not have any midium or long rang air defence system
medium range SAMs is being bought from russia.Buk M1-2 SAM unit is being procurred for BAF.medium range about 3-52kms and altitude of 100-82000ft. Delievery complete by 2012,no. of units unknown

In fact Gripen is THE best plane for BAF. Single engine , has the lowest maintainence cost and overall performance is good for a small country like BD. However currently BAF is converting its 16 Mig 29s to SMT/M/M2 and ordered an additional 18 Mig 29SMT/M/M2s. These are the upgraded Mig 29s. Also they are planning to procure Su-30MKK which according to me is a good option too.

34 Migs in the fleet certainly going to make that a good deterrant force.. Looking forward to at least couple of squadron of sukuis...

34 Migs in the fleet certainly going to make that a good deterrant force.. Looking forward to at least couple of squadron of sukuis...
are Migs any good?, I think bangladesh should be getting Gripens or F/A-18 from the US, why do bangladesh get these Migs over and over again :hitwall:

In fact Gripen is THE best plane for BAF. Single engine , has the lowest maintainence cost and overall performance is good for a small country like BD. However currently BAF is converting its 16 Mig 29s to SMT/M/M2 and ordered an additional 18 Mig 29SMT/M/M2s. These are the upgraded Mig 29s. Also they are planning to procure Su-30MKK which according to me is a good option too.

Hello bro,

Well, currently we run 8 Migs and four of it came from overhauling just last year....and the remaining four will perhaps be overhauled locally....

There was news that 14 more Migs would be bought but yet no solid source frankly speaking....we need to wait....

About Su-MKK....i know the news you came up with is posted in BDMilitary....though i have nothing against that site, we still need to wait for more of a permanent source....it would be great if we have them in BAF....but realistically, they are very costly and would drain out resources for maintenance....

And welcome to the forum....enjoy your stay....!!!

Cheers!!!

Hello bro,

Well, currently we run 8 Migs and four of it came from overhauling just last year....and the remaining four will perhaps be overhauled locally....

There was news that 14 more Migs would be bought but yet no solid source frankly speaking....we need to wait....

About Su-MKK....i know the news you came up with is posted in BDMilitary....though i have nothing against that site, we still need to wait for more of a permanent source....it would be great if we have them in BAF....but realistically, they are very costly and would drain out resources for maintenance....

And welcome to the forum....enjoy your stay....!!!

Cheers!!!
are we getting any modern aircraft? like F-18's? or F-22's? Eurofighters?

are Migs any good?, I think bangladesh should be getting Gripens or F/A-18 from the US, why do bangladesh get these Migs over and over again :hitwall:

Gripens are a good options for now....additionally, its cost friendly as well....but i am not sure if its offered to us right now or not....AFAIK, Gripens are a good ''flanker'....

F/A 18....and you can expect some strings attached along with it by Uncle SAM....

I suggest JF-17 for now....it is a proven platform, a capable plane and from a brother nation....J-10 in few years time would also be a good option....

Cheers!!!

are we getting any modern aircraft? like F-18's? or F-22's? Eurofighters?

Well bro,

F-22 is still a long stretched dream for us....you can write that down....Eurofighters are darn costly and its suitable for countries with a large airspace, unlike Bangladesh....we need fighters that can defend our sky which is small....best FOR NOW is JF-17....

And yes, we are looking for some new Fighter-Trainer Aircraft....it is probably 'Aero L-159' from Czech Republic that we are buying....may be a squadron or so....there is a thread i opened on this, you can check there for more info....

And welcome to the forum, keep posting....!!!

Cheers!!!

BD has an army..Lol some ambition. :rofl:

A good plane doesn't mean its good for every nation or country.....The F 18 or Grippen might really add awesome force to BDAF but do Bangladesh really need F18 right now...If it invest same in other things like education, economy and go for cheaper AC which can also do the job in case of aggression then no need to go for F18....

And also you never know the west...One night you sleep without embargo the next day you'll have everything blocked because uncle sam is not happy with you.

Well bro,

F-22 is still a long stretched dream for us....you can write that down....Eurofighters are darn costly and its suitable for countries with a large airspace, unlike Bangladesh....we need fighters that can defend our sky which is small....best FOR NOW is JF-17....

And yes, we are looking for some new Fighter-Trainer Aircraft....it is probably 'Aero L-159' from Czech Republic that we are buying....may be a squadron or so....there is a thread i opened on this, you can check there for more info....

And welcome to the forum, keep posting....!!!

Cheers!!!
okay I don't think bangladesh would buy the JF-17's because it pakistani equipment this is just my opinion, I heard in 2021 bangladesh will modernize their army completely, its from another forum, I can't give factual evidence though, and Aero L-159's isn't as beautiful as F-16's or F-18's? how about Gripens? thats a good way to go, and how strong is the Aero L-159, F/A-18 Super Hornet maybe?

okay I don't think bangladesh would buy the JF-17's because it pakistani equipment this is just my opinion, I heard in 2021 bangladesh will modernize their army completely, its from another forum, I can't give factual evidence though, and Aero L-159's isn't as beautiful as F-16's or F-18's? how about Gripens? thats a good way to go, and how strong is the Aero L-159, F/A-18 Super Hornet maybe?

Dude you are mixing it up....L-159 is a different scenario and so is F-16, F/A 18....the former is a trainer-fighter to suit the training of pilots as well as provide some ground support....

F-16, F/A 18 is a pure weapon delivery platform....its off course not a bad option and it "LOOKS" good too....but that comes last in the list when you go to decide a plane for your force....USA will steal your sleep with embargoes and strings if you buy their stuffs....mostly of the time thats the case, if not all....

L-159 is not a bad plane....has seven hard points with AIM firing capability....why dont you check the pics of the plane....

Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom