What's new

Women not fit to fly combat jets: IAF boss

Fine men dont get pregnant...but arent you a doc yourself???
You do know that every rape doest produce a zygote.
And we are talking about psychologically hardened and well trained women....not of a typical "abala naari".

I dont understand the critics who feverishly oppose women in combat right next to their male counterparts. Typically... they cite physical strength and emotional resolve as core reasons to the notion that women absolutely cannot perform combat tasks equal to those of men. So the argument to be made is that women will produce a disparate, inferior performance on the battlefield...ergo endangering the lives of fellow combatants and jeopardizing military strategy and execution...or the so called administration headaches.
But this line of reasoning actually serves as an excuse to distract people from the deeply embedded patriarchal reasons.

I have heard of the Marine corps combined fitness tests (CFT)...even the physical challenge of the CFT pales in comparison to that of professional female athletes' physical training across an array of sports and activities.Women compete in high intensity weight lifting and confitioning events such as sprinting, rowing, jumping, climbing, tire flipping and carrying heavy objects. Clearly they prove that women are more than capable of performing physical activities at very high levels. So lets not doubt the survival instincts and physical skills of women.
Look at Israel....where they say "The right of women to serve in any role in the IDF is equal to the right of men."As of now 88% to 92% of all roles in the IDF are open to female candidates.
Norway even allows women in submarines...which has the same risks as fighter planes.

Please read this women's story...
Women in Combat: Listening to Those Who Have Been There | TIME.com

Now some stats....

Turkey...., Sabiha Gökçen became the first female fighter pilot in history in 1936 and went on to fly fast jets well into the 1950s and the USSR during the Second World War 1942-1945 where many women were trained as fighter pilots including Lilya Litvyak who became the top scoring woman ace of all time with 12 Kills and Katya Budanova a close second with 11 kills, although both were killed in combat.
Fighter pilot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tamara Pamyatnykh, one of the members of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment of the Soviet Air Forces. The 588th was the most highly decorated female unit in that force, flying 30,000 missions over the course of four years -- and dropping, in total, 23,000 tons of bombs on invading German armies

Night Witches: The Female Fighter Pilots of World War II - Atlantic Mobile

Then why not in INDIA in the 21st century????

Indeee pls read my post above.

where there is will there is a way ....

although not a fighter pilot ...this lady can fly a plane

Women are only good to FLIRT with!!! Thats it. Flying combat jets, a single piece of them cost about 50 million $.

ok. flirt with your mother !!!

Get other men also to flirt with your mother ...because to put in your words Women are only good to FLIRT !!!

Get other men also to flirt with your mother ...because to put in your words Women are only good to FLIRT !!!
Why so serious :D:Dthand rakha praa

Thanks for this one..
She's very brave!!!

Indo-guy said:

Oops!!
I think you went overboard with this one.

Why so serious :D:Dthand rakha praa

I paid him in same coin .

Next time he will be careful .
or will at least think about his mother before talking about women !!!

Thanks for this one..
She's very brave!!!

Oops!!
I think you went overboard with this one.

Lathon ke bhoot batton se nai mante hain !!!

usually I am not that harsh ...but his words just boiled my blood .

I am sorry I did not mean to be that bad ....

And we are talking about psychologically hardened and well trained women....not of a typical "abala naari".

I dont understand the critics who feverishly oppose women in combat right next to their male counterparts. Typically... they cite physical strength and emotional resolve as core reasons to the notion that women absolutely cannot perform combat tasks equal to those of men. So the argument to be made is that women will produce a disparate, inferior performance on the battlefield...ergo endangering the lives of fellow combatants and jeopardizing military strategy and execution...or the so called administration headaches.
But this line of reasoning actually serves as an excuse to distract people from the deeply embedded patriarchal reasons.

I have heard of the Marine corps combined fitness tests (CFT)...even the physical challenge of the CFT pales in comparison to that of professional female athletes' physical training across an array of sports and activities.Women compete in high intensity weight lifting and confitioning events such as sprinting, rowing, jumping, climbing, tire flipping and carrying heavy objects. Clearly they prove that women are more than capable of performing physical activities at very high levels. So lets not doubt the survival instincts and physical skills of women.
Look at Israel....where they say "The right of women to serve in any role in the IDF is equal to the right of men."As of now 88% to 92% of all roles in the IDF are open to female candidates.
Norway even allows women in submarines...which has the same risks as fighter planes.

Now some stats....

Turkey...., Sabiha Gökçen became the first female fighter pilot in history in 1936 and went on to fly fast jets well into the 1950s and the USSR during the Second World War 1942-1945 where many women were trained as fighter pilots including Lilya Litvyak who became the top scoring woman ace of all time with 12 Kills and Katya Budanova a close second with 11 kills, although both were killed in combat.

Tamara Pamyatnykh, one of the members of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment of the Soviet Air Forces. The 588th was the most highly decorated female unit in that force, flying 30,000 missions over the course of four years -- and dropping, in total, 23,000 tons of bombs on invading German armies

Im not a doc.. and all that you have stated after this I already have told you the history of. Females have flown, and do fly and fight in many cases as well as men. But , they also suffer the effects of flying differently than men. Modern fighter flying is MUCH more demanding than what the Turkish female pilots and Soviet female pilots had to face. Yet, women are also astronauts.. so the issue is not to do with their ability to fly.. but rather their psychological and physical presence in the hands of the enemy.

and You have no answered that. Saying that the chance of a zygote becoming a fetus is lower sounds much like a chant of "take a chance, get raped".. Forget patriarchy.. its basic human psychology and physiology at debate here. Who is more likely to suffer and be broken?

In the IAF women can fly helos and transport a/c (afaik there is a female pilot in the IAF's C-17 "SKYLORD" SQD and many females fly IL-76/8,An-32, Avro etc). It is purely the fighter stream where they are not permitted. And this isn't a sexist stance but a purely pragmatic one- it comes done to costs and the $1-1.5 million USD the IAF spends on training up its fighter jocks is just too much to go to waste. It is a FACT that females serve the forces for far shorter commissions than their male counterparts on average and the IAF cannot afford to throw that much time and treasure down the drain.

Many of the moves in the West to have females in combat roles is fuelled by political correctness and not actual valid arguments. One only has to take the example of the ruling to allow females to become infantry officers in the USMC and what a colossal mess and embarrassment for the Obama administration this has been.

Whilst the media may like to portray the West is dramatically ahead in these matters they are very wrong, bar a few exceptions most militaries have exempted females from only but the most background of tasks.

I sincerely hope no one messes with these sorts of things- yes let women into technical roles absolutely but keep them away from combat roles.

Women are only good to FLIRT with!!! Thats it. Flying combat jets, a single piece of them cost about 50 million $.

Either its a joke or you really do have a caveman mentality issue.

Any of the IAF women have better mental and physical capabilities than you ever have in your entire life Mr. Keyboard warrior.

Either its a joke or you really do have a caveman mentality issue.

Any of the IAF women have better mental and physical capabilities than you ever have in your entire life Mr. Keyboard warrior.
Bro, chill!! It was a joke. I love women in uniform be it pilots or front end soldiers.

Now some stats....

Some points-
1)how many men OR women are up to the same physical standards as their respective gender professional athletes?? It's a basic fact of human biology that men are on average stronger and more physically capable than their female counterparts.

2) I've spoken to members on the IDF and they tell me that you will actually never see a female on the front line- they aren't members if the combat infantry, they aren't tank crew members, they aren't members of the SOFs.

3)wrt subs, one of the main arguments against females on subs is that you will have to have separate berthing and washing facilities for men and women and this on subs where space is at a premium is awkward. A pragmatic not sexist/ gender biased call really.

kya mazaak hai

these ladies dont know how to drive a car properlli and they think they can fly million od $$s worth fighter jets:haha:

just came to know what happens when you give a car to a women :pissed:
And this is the value you people give to women in your society ?

Then they say Muslims don't give rights to women....

Im not a doc.. and all that you have stated after this I already have told you the history of. Females have flown, and do fly and fight in many cases as well as men. But , they also suffer the effects of flying differently than men. Modern fighter flying is MUCH more demanding than what the Turkish female pilots and Soviet female pilots had to face. Yet, women are also astronauts.. so the issue is not to do with their ability to fly.. but rather their psychological and physical presence in the hands of the enemy.

and You have no answered that. Saying that the chance of a zygote becoming a fetus is lower sounds much like a chant of "take a chance, get raped".. Forget patriarchy.. its basic human psychology and physiology at debate here. Who is more likely to suffer and be broken?

Oscar,
you gotta read what a female POW combat US pilot during gulf war had to say.
Major Rhonda Cornum....
She went through this ordeal....but hates to be quoted for the worst things that can happen to a woman in war.
These are her words...
"Every 15 seconds in America, some woman is assaulted. Why are they worried about a woman getting assaulted once every 10 years in a war overseas? It's ridiculous," she said. "It's clearly it's an emotional argument they use (to argue that women should be kept away from the frontlines) because they can't think of a rational one"

A Woman's Burden - TIME
(If not her book then atleast go through this article)

And is she wrong??
Theres a rape happening every hour or may be every minute in areas which are not even on war.
Lets see the chances of this happening to a female combat pilot..
1) Shooting down a fighter plane by enemy.
2) Shooting down fighter plane of in particular a female combat pilot.
3) chances of getting raped as POW....
btw most countries now treat their POWs with respect. We are not living in 40s and 50s.

Women arent as weak as you think...neither physically nor psychologically.
If a woman can bear the crushing pain of almost 200bones breaking at the time of labor then she's physically strong.
If she decides to go through it again to bear another child then she's psychologically strong.

Men underestimate women and this is an ideal example of gender apartheid.

@Abingdonboy
This should be an answer to your post too, where you had mentioned me.

Back
Top Bottom