What's new

Women not fit to fly combat jets: IAF boss

:lol:

You know what is more scary, There is some guy out there who probably beats his meat to that.

If guys fap to other dudes, then I see nothing wrong with fapping to a muscular woman.

Yes, but you are assuming here everything. That's like a military dictator coming in and saying he is right and he can make the best decisions for the country. So the nation does not need a democratic election to vote their choice.

We can keep the choice of letting women in. It is up to the women to decide. And for that, Air forces can have consulting sessions with women, unlike men, on what they are getting into and what their responsibilities are. Or perhaps contractual agreements, where women cannot marry for a certain time period? Perhaps? And any torture that women have to face, men do have to face. That's part of the job in combat ops. If you want a safe job, then, well, work elsewhere.

Its not an assumption, but rather an inference based on historical occurrences. The Soviets had women fighter pilots, who were shot down and captured by Germans who assaulted them to the hilt. The issue is not of what women have to face and what they dont. Its the case of a investment gamble. Whether the probability that it will be a sound investment to let them go into enemy territory.

And you thought men cant be raped by men???men dont get sexually assaulted by men?.

Men dont get pregnant after it. Each has psychological impact.. but the one women have to bear is greater. Results from survival courses, training regimen and combat experience show that while women are great fighter pilots.. their responses in a survival situation vary much more than they do for men.
http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/fast_women.pdf

The attitude is also an issue. Female fighter pilots pose massive administration headaches..and these problems were even faced by the US military when it lifted the ban in 1993.
She has the right stuff: Female combat pilots have been flashing their skills for 20 years - Washington Times

Last edited:
I dont know if they have any pre-conditions for the slot or Not but they can have this condition of ban on marriage for specific time period . anyway my point was that its NOT appropriate that a Chief of any air-force issue such statements in public.

At all if they have some solid technical grounds for this opinion, they should do it at institutional level

Well, the PAF has the lead on the IAF in this experiment and the conclusions are reportedly not in favour. Many women(or men for that matter) are smitten with the idea of the fast jet life. However, even the strongest women physically end up facing issues from our society. Most female pilots from the first batches dropped out or were left useless once married. Only a few kept going because of their transfer to transport wings. Its not that they are not dedicated officers, its the issue of their families and their refusal to abandon their mentality.

I don't agree with him,if they are ready and fir,they should be given the opportunity .

I don't think Women are to be recruited in infantry or other units in which chances of getting into hand-to-hand combat are high. But beyond that, they MUST be recruited in all other branches and disciplines, including combat pilot duty.

I am astounded by the reasons given by the various PDF members to exclude women from combat roles .

All those reasons are still valid if the women are captured even if they are in non combat roles ...so what that means ?

we live in 21'st century ...

If women are ready to enter in combat roles after understanding risks involved, they should be allowed .

the reasons forwarded are absolutely 'unpalatable' ...I would also say that some of the comments are absolutely ' tasteless' ...

I wonder how women could play combat roles in age of ' Amazonia ' and can't do so now hundreds of years later ?

To tell you the truth in this age a woman flying combat jets will be made irrelevant because the future of the entire Air Force will be unmanned. Turns out what held back Aircraft innovation is the flesh-bag piloting it.

But I'm way out off topic here. Should women fly jets? **** Yes!!! Unfortunately it will be far too late to make a significant impacts.

To tell you the truth in this age a woman flying combat jets will be made irrelevant because the future of the entire Air Force will be unmanned. Turns out what held back Aircraft innovation is the flesh-bag piloting it.

But I'm way out off topic here. Should women fly jets? **** Yes!!! Unfortunately it will be far too late to make a significant impacts.

agree completely . This is the age of automation .

Given the increasing popularity of Unmanned weapon systems ...the day is not very far off where even fighter jets will be unmanned ... ! The gender bias will be rendered futile by then .

But in principle to deprive women from serving in combat role sheer due to gender related differences is highly objectionable .

@Indo-guy

What they've put in a very delicate manner, let me put it indelicately. Men are dogs, you can only imagine what ideas can strike our minds when our enemies are standing in front of us, and more importantly, in a helpless manner. Now if that enemy is a female, the set of 'ideas' actually expand to a whole new level.

I personally agree not to assign women any combat roles which require hand to hand combat. It is for their own safety.

That said, I don't see much concerns assigning them pilot duties, as long as they are operating on home soil.

@Indo-guy

What they've put in a very delicate manner, let me put it indelicately. Men are dogs, you can only imagine what ideas can strike our minds when our enemies are standing in front of us, and more importantly, in a helpless manner. Now if that enemy is a female, the set of 'ideas' actually expand to a whole new level.

I personally agree not to assign women any combat roles which require hand to hand combat. It is for their own safety.

That said, I don't see much concerns assigning them pilot duties, as long as they are operating on home soil.

I beg to differ with you respectfully.
I understand what you are trying to say .

I think we need to change with time and need to ' de-sexualize " gender norms and roles .

women deserve equal opportunity in every field and domain of social structure ....whether they avail it due to stringent requirements involved or not is their problem .

But to exclude women right in the beginning solely due to gender basis is not good thing in my view ( but then it's my view ) .

I get your point, and I'm all supportive of women getting equal opportunities in every sphere of society.

And I'm actually baffled, when we can have women battalions in our forces, then why not in IAF?

PS. I still think some roles are gender specific, the same reason men can't have babies. ;p

If the lady in question is ready to sign a no pregnancy clause for a specific number of years until the AF can extract their investment out of her...Why not??

I get your point, and I'm all supportive of women getting equal opportunities in every sphere of society.

And I'm actually baffled, when we can have women battalions in our forces, then why not in IAF?

PS. I still think some roles are gender specific, the same reason men can't have babies. ;p

But that is about natural limitations ...

Even those natural impediments can be over ridden ...

Men can have babies ...provided they are ok to go as long as it takes !

But I do not wish to side track the thread by elaborating how and all that ...you can check yourself .

there are instances of men having got pregnant ...and having breast fed their babies ...

But again that's besides the point .

Women should not be excluded just on basis of gender ...

There exist many men in society who are 'men' only for name sake ...
and many women have done jobs brave enough that will even put men to shame !!!

Men dont get pregnant after it.
Each has psychological impact.. but the one women have to bear is greater.
Fine men dont get pregnant...but arent you a doc yourself???
You do know that every rape doest produce a zygote.
And we are talking about psychologically hardened and well trained women....not of a typical "abala naari".

Oscar said:
Results from survival courses, training regimen and combat experience show that while women are great fighter pilots.. their responses in a survival situation vary much more than they do for men.
http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/fast_women.pdf

The attitude is also an issue. Female fighter pilots pose massive administration headaches..and these problems were even faced by the US military when it lifted the ban in 1993.
She has the right stuff: Female combat pilots have been flashing their skills for 20 years - Washington Times
I dont understand the critics who feverishly oppose women in combat right next to their male counterparts. Typically... they cite physical strength and emotional resolve as core reasons to the notion that women absolutely cannot perform combat tasks equal to those of men. So the argument to be made is that women will produce a disparate, inferior performance on the battlefield...ergo endangering the lives of fellow combatants and jeopardizing military strategy and execution...or the so called administration headaches.
But this line of reasoning actually serves as an excuse to distract people from the deeply embedded patriarchal reasons.

I have heard of the Marine corps combined fitness tests (CFT)...even the physical challenge of the CFT pales in comparison to that of professional female athletes' physical training across an array of sports and activities.Women compete in high intensity weight lifting and confitioning events such as sprinting, rowing, jumping, climbing, tire flipping and carrying heavy objects. Clearly they prove that women are more than capable of performing physical activities at very high levels. So lets not doubt the survival instincts and physical skills of women.
Look at Israel....where they say "The right of women to serve in any role in the IDF is equal to the right of men."As of now 88% to 92% of all roles in the IDF are open to female candidates.
Norway even allows women in submarines...which has the same risks as fighter planes.

Please read this women's story...
Women in Combat: Listening to Those Who Have Been There | TIME.com

Now some stats....

Turkey...., Sabiha Gökçen became the first female fighter pilot in history in 1936 and went on to fly fast jets well into the 1950s and the USSR during the Second World War 1942-1945 where many women were trained as fighter pilots including Lilya Litvyak who became the top scoring woman ace of all time with 12 Kills and Katya Budanova a close second with 11 kills, although both were killed in combat.
Fighter pilot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tamara Pamyatnykh, one of the members of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment of the Soviet Air Forces. The 588th was the most highly decorated female unit in that force, flying 30,000 missions over the course of four years -- and dropping, in total, 23,000 tons of bombs on invading German armies

Night Witches: The Female Fighter Pilots of World War II - Atlantic Mobile

Then why not in INDIA in the 21st century????

I don't think Women are to be recruited in infantry or other units in which chances of getting into hand-to-hand combat are high. But beyond that, they MUST be recruited in all other branches and disciplines, including combat pilot duty.
Indeee pls read my post above.

Back
Top Bottom