What's new

Women not fit to fly combat jets: IAF boss

Some points-
1)how many men OR women are up to the same physical standards as their respective gender professional athletes?? It's a basic fact of human biology that men are on average stronger and more physically capable than their female counterparts.

2) I've spoken to members on the IDF and they tell me that you will actually never see a female on the front line- they aren't members if the combat infantry, they aren't tank crew members, they aren't members of the SOFs.

3)wrt subs, one of the main arguments against females on subs is that you will have to have separate berthing and washing facilities for men and women and this on subs where space is at a premium is awkward. A pragmatic not sexist/ gender biased call really.

I beg to differ with all respect !

1. In combat situation the mental fitness matters as much ... in fact may weigh more . The basic fact of human biology is that women are psychologically and mentally way stronger than men .

2. Your having spoken to IDF members and whatever opinions IDF members may have expressed can't be taken as gospel .

3. If men and women can share space in elsewhere - they can share space anywhere else .
If spacecraft where space is much at higher premium does not call for exclusion of women why on earth should Submarines would ask for same .

don't you think that we need to de sexualize the genders ?

I agree with your assessment regarding brute ' practicality " over frank " idealism "

but we need to and we can move from that ....

Believe me it's possible ....and at one point of time it will also become necessary and then ... irrelevant . It's only matter of time !

Oscar,
you gotta read what a female POW combat US pilot during gulf war had to say.
Major Rhonda Cornum....
She went through this ordeal....but hates to be quoted for the worst things that can happen to a woman in war.
These are her words...
"Every 15 seconds in America, some woman is assaulted. Why are they worried about a woman getting assaulted once every 10 years in a war overseas? It's ridiculous," she said. "It's clearly it's an emotional argument they use (to argue that women should be kept away from the frontlines) because they can't think of a rational one"

A Woman's Burden - TIME
(If not her book then atleast go through this article)

And is she wrong??
Theres a rape happening every hour or may be every minute in areas which are not even on war.
Lets see the chances of this happening to a female combat pilot..
1) Shooting down a fighter plane by enemy.
2) Shooting down fighter plane of in particular a female combat pilot.
3) chances of getting raped as POW....
btw most countries now treat their POWs with respect. We are not living in 40s and 50s.

Women arent as weak as you think...neither physically nor psychologically.
If a woman can bear the crushing pain of almost 200bones breaking at the time of labor then she's physically strong.
If she decides to go through it again to bear another child then she's psychologically strong.

Men underestimate women and this is an ideal example of gender apartheid.

@Abingdonboy
This should be an answer to your post too, where you had mentioned me.

Armed forces are the last obstacle in reconciliation and rebalancing with respect to gender apartheid in modern civilization .

I hope this last bastion of male chauvinism falls sooner ....

Last edited:
Indo-guy said:
Believe me it's possible ....and at one point of time it will also become necessary and then ... irrelevant . It's only matter of time !
Exactly!
Its just a matter of when :)

Back
Top Bottom