What's new

Women not fit to fly combat jets: IAF boss

Can the mental torment of rape followed by illegitimate pregnancy ever be replicated for a man?
And you thought men cant be raped by men???men dont get sexually assaulted by men?

Oscar said:
Our society is not ready for women in combat or any role in which she may have to juggle with her family. Unless there is support from the family and they are ready to compromise
The concept of "family" is drilled into a female in this part of the world right from her birth and then they say women are family oriented???
Fact is governments are not ready to take risks.There are many women who ready to take up the job but the opportunity doesnt exist to prove all this false.

Because that is the prevalent rule in IAF.

No besides rules do you have any other basis to say so ?
Because rules are made and broken and revisited and reviewed .

Rules are not cast in stone .

Last edited:
Not entirely. It is essentially the countries budget that gets sunk in training a pilot. Now, if that pilot is shot down.. and divulges information in return for not being sexually assaulted or tortured.. who loses the most? Who has more to lose in terms of physical hardship and mental torture .. a man or woman? Can the mental torment of rape followed by illegitimate pregnancy ever be replicated for a man?

Men and women are not equal.. if they were equal they would have similar physical parts and psychology..which is proven to be not the same. Its clear that each was built for certain strengths. Now, that does not mean that there aren't common tasks they cannot carry out equally well. Flying is one. But there are aspects of combat that put women at greater risk compared to men. And yes, a female army medic that gets ambushed is also putting herself in similar danger.. which is why most army medics who are female are at the field hospital.
The first PAF experience with female pilots had many of them out of action after marriage and pregnancy..costing the PAF an asset literally wasting away. Most were unfit to fly after that.. leading to a total loss of investment.

Women can and have defended themselves against men coming out victorious. But that is only when men fail at their primary task.
A female flying CAPs should be encouraged.. but a female on interdiction puts her at risk.

Our society is not ready for women in combat or any role in which she may have to juggle with her family. Unless there is support from the family and they are ready to compromise. It should be disallowed. Western societies have much more independent women who decide their own fate.. that still has time to form here.

What about when she gets married? and has a kid? even with one year maternity leave.. will she be able to return to full fitness?
recent PAF experiences in that regard have not been too positive.

Yes, but you are assuming here everything. That's like a military dictator coming in and saying he is right and he can make the best decisions for the country. So the nation does not need a democratic election to vote their choice.

We can keep the choice of letting women in. It is up to the women to decide. And for that, Air forces can have consulting sessions with women, unlike men, on what they are getting into and what their responsibilities are. Or perhaps contractual agreements, where women cannot marry for a certain time period? Perhaps? And any torture that women have to face, men do have to face. That's part of the job in combat ops. If you want a safe job, then, well, work elsewhere.

I dont get the PoW thing, men will be tortured ..so will be women.. how can it be worse for one...
did you guys see how iraqi male prisoners were tortured?

What about when she gets married? and has a kid? even with one year maternity leave.. will she be able to return to full fitness?
recent PAF experiences in that regard have not been too positive.

I dont know if they have any pre-conditions for the slot or Not but they can have this condition of ban on marriage for specific time period . anyway my point was that its NOT appropriate that a Chief of any air-force issue such statements in public.

At all if they have some solid technical grounds for this opinion, they should do it at institutional level

I dont get the PoW thing, men will be tortured ..so will be women.. how can it be worse for one...
did you guys see how iraqi male prisoners were tortured?
rapes and tortures :crazy:

I dont know if they have any pre-conditions for the slot or Not but they can have this condition of ban on marriage for specific time period . anyway my point was that its NOT appropriate that a Chief of any air-force issue such statements in public.

At all if they have some solid technical grounds for this opinion, they should do it at institutional level
you cant have ban on marriage or pregnancy... thats going a bit too far

rapes and tortures :crazy:
both face that..

Marriage or not, women should be able to fly. Not for honor, but for Pakistan.

If they get captured then it is what it is.

The women of our country are full of jazba, and to exclude them from fighting is to restrict them from their patriotism.

I am Arain. We don't even let our women work, but If a Pakistani lady wants to fight for her watan, I can only give her izzat.

@Spring Onion

you cant have ban on marriage or pregnancy... thats going a bit too far

both face that..
we are more sensitive towards women
+ there are practical reasons.......

like the ones someone mentioned on @faeza 's thread.......

I don't have any issues over women assigned to combat roles.

I know a lot of women that can bench press you and me at the same time. :P

article-0-1188AEE0000005DC-521_634x825.jpg

Allah swt maafi de.

Back
Top Bottom