What's new

Women in Turkish Armed Forces

this is our most greatest traditions to see the women equal to men even in combat ! :enjoy:

It's great to see Turkish sisters serve their great nation in the armed forces. Go get them enemies of yours :sniper::sniper::sniper:

Any interesting stories that your dad told you regarding his time in the army?
Sharam kar.... itni khoobsoorat girls ko sisters. :hitwall:

Anyway, I would like to officially invite the turkish women's regiment to "invade" india :smitten:

A female pilot of the Turkish Naval Forces
When Turkish history is examined, it is apparent that Turkish women have voluntarily taken tasks in the defence of their country, showing the same power and courage as men. Nene Hatun, whose monument has been erected in the city of Erzurum (Eastern Turkey) because of her gallant bravery during the Ottoman-Russian War, constitutes a very good example of this fact. Furthermore, the Independence War has taken its place in history with the unsurpassed heroism of Turkish women.Sabiha Gökçen was the first female combat pilot in the world, as well as the first Turkish female aviator. She was one of the eight adoptive children of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Throughout her career in the Turkish Air Force, Gökçen flew 22 different types of aircraft for more than 8,000 hours, 32 hours of which were active combat and bombardment missions. She was selected as the only female pilot for the poster of "20 Greatest Aviators in History" published by the United States Air Force in 1996.[38]

Women personnel are being employed as officers in the Turkish Armed Forces today. The women officers serve together with the men under the same respective chains of command. The personnel policy regarding women in the Turkish Armed Forces is based on the principle of "needing qualified women officers in suitable branches and ranks" to keep pace with technological advancements in the 21st century. Women civilian personnel have been assigned to the headquarters staff, technical fields, and social services without sexual discrimination. Women officers serve in all branches except armor, infantry, and submarines. Assignments, promotions and training are considered on an equal basis with no gender bias.

As of the year 2005, the number of the female officers and NCOs in the Turkish Armed Forces is 1245.

Women in the military by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a good thing that they aren't regular infantry.
It would be really bad if they got captured. :(
I agree, but I think that women should have to do some kind of military service too.

I agree, but I think that women should have to do some kind of military service too.
We are allready reducing the personal no need to get even more, this system with professionals is good.

It's a good thing that they aren't regular infantry.
It would be really bad if they got captured. :(

Jeanne d'Arc was burned at the stake by the British.
Think the wiki above is wrong, not to mention her.
Being a commander of an army, she should rank at least as a three star general.

Turkish Land Forces Non Commissioned Officers from NATO deployments:

KFOR-Kosovo

020720131421091322669_2.jpg

ISAF-Afghanistan

turk-askerinden-afgan-genclerine-spor-destegi-IHA-20130610AW000194-1-t.jpg

turk-askerinden-afgan-genclerine-spor-destegi-IHA-20130610AW000194-5-t.jpg

turk-askerinden-afgan-genclerine-spor-destegi-IHA-20130610AW000194-4-t.jpg

Gendarmerie NCO:

dunyadan-kadin-askerler--turkiye-filistin-reuters-dunya-ordulari-kadin-askerler-kongo-1.jpg

Special Operations Operator:

Turkish_Female_Soldier.jpg

No, my father was

Great pictures. Good to see the Turkish women fully involved in the defence of their motherland.

and, oh my......:smitten:Mashallah.

dunyadan-kadin-askerler--turkiye-filistin-reuters-dunya-ordulari-kadin-askerler-kongo-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom