What's new

"Women are to blame for most rapes"; Indian men on women !

WTF!!! You yindooos just defeated the purpose the OP starting this thread and on top of it you guys are making sense. Have a heat guys.

well said :tup:
btw,if u dont mind me askin,u a christian or hindu :what:

AND that is the root of your misconception since I stated very clearly that it has nothing to do with putting out- thus the reason of me mentioning stats of western countries in the same regard wherein UK has the same number of reported rapes per year as India (obviously in India there is under-reporting as there is in UK too but the quantum of under-reporting differs). The point is that rape does not occur expressly due to "sexual deprivation", there are married men who end up raping women, there are well adjusted socially well to do men who end up doing the same just as well. Trying to find a super generalized and superficial bandaid will not solve the issue.

I think the maximum number of rapes we get to read about in the papers and that make the headlines on TV are rapes carried out by miscreants/sexual predators or "friendly/home/neighborhood" rapes where the rapist and victim know each other.

I am sure you would agree that either being married or being well adjusted socially and well to do is no guarantee (not even remotely) of not being sexually deprived.

What other reason would there be for a man to rape a woman in a civilian non combat setting? Not everyone is a Ted Bundy.

and i an evil hindu brahmin :devil:

we are brothers in our evil karmas :kiss3:

i know yaar,was asking joekrish

hum bhi yaaron ke yaar hain jo mil jaye mil baant ke khate hain waise joe is also a EVIL yaindoo :)

I think the maximum number of rapes we get to read about in the papers and that make the headlines on TV are rapes carried out by miscreants/sexual predators or "friendly/home/neighborhood" rapes where the rapist and victim know each other.

I am sure you would agree that either being married or being well adjusted socially and well to do is no guarantee (not even remotely) of not being sexually deprived.

What other reason would there be for a man to rape a woman in a civilian non combat setting? Not everyone is a Ted Bundy.

You do realize that at that rate anyone can claim to be "sexually deprived", after all there is no quantitative standard set for the same. At the end of the day it does not matter, there is the law and it has to be applied, India's issue lies in the fact that social stigma and patriarchy get in the way of the law and ergo create an environment where the perpetrator is emboldened. It is not even the severity of the punishment under the law that matters, you can keep hanging rapists and yet the stats will not come down, it is the surety of punishment that matters. In India that surety is killed off by a laggard judicial system, a police which largely subscribes to patriarchy and is ill equipped for any investigation that exceeds the requirement of giving someone the third degree and obviously the ball-less populace as a whole. There are many reasons which lead to rape, most often in fact it has to do with control and a fetish for dominance or anger over refusal, there are many reasons as I said. Most of them are irrelevant to stemming the quantum of rapes themselves since the psyche of the individual cannot be controlled, otherwise all crimes could be stemmed though ad hoc measures or social engineering. That is not possible. The issue is rather complex and will require an elucidation that is beyond my current patience or time. Will update you on Naswarville.

That's what I have been saying.

The big hullabaloo about rape is because of society and the sanctity ascribed to the woman's private parts.

Catch there being a demonstration at jantar mantar if I was buggered by a platoon of silverbacks.

Probably people would queue up, with touts making a killing from pay-to-watch.

Society has sanctified the women, not only her private parts. As a mother, as goddess, as wife and as daughter. Society has sanctified them as life givers, foundation on which any society survives and grows.

Even today, with all the technology at our disposal, it is possible to create life without a man, but not without a women.

As for protest by men, Men are sanctified as protectors. Society shows no sympathy if men abdicate that responsibility or is just plain incapable. Of course, the social norms are formed by men in the first place.

Now women can become both life giver and protector, but men can only be protector, never a life giver. So if you abdicate your responsibility as protector, you are pretty much useless in society at a very fundamental level. Think about that.

You do realize that at that rate anyone can claim to be "sexually deprived", after all there is no quantitative standard set for the same. At the end of the day it does not matter, there is the law and it has to be applied, India's issue lies in the fact that social stigma and patriarchy get in the way of the law and ergo create an environment where the perpetrator is emboldened. It is not even the severity of the punishment under the law that matters, you can keep hanging rapists and yet the stats will not come down, it is the surety of punishment that matters. In India that surety is killed off by a laggard judicial system, a police which largely subscribes to patriarchy and is ill equipped for any investigation that exceeds the requirement of giving someone the third degree and obviously the ball-less populace as a whole. There are many reasons which lead to rape, most often in fact it has to do with control and a fetish for dominance or anger over refusal, there are many reasons as I said. Most of them are irrelevant to stemming the quantum of rapes themselves since the psyche of the individual cannot be controlled, otherwise all crimes could be stemmed though ad hoc measures or social engineering. That is not possible. The issue is rather complex and will require an elucidation that is beyond my current patience or time. Will update you on Naswarville.

Refusal? For what? Friendship? Going steady? Getting married?

I may be moving in different circles so my exposure and life experiences are skewed, but show me a guy who genuinely wants to be a friend first and not get into a woman's pants, and I'll show you either a gay or a liar.

So the refusal is indirectly a refusal for something that is going to (or meant to) eventually in the man's mind lead to sex.

Its all about sex. The power trip and frustration too are more often than not historically linked to sex in some form or the other. Either a childhood experience. Or one from adulthood as well.

Society has sanctified the women, not only her private parts. As a mother, as goddess, as wife and as daughter. Society has sanctified them as life givers, foundation on which any society survives and grows.

Even today, with all the technology at our disposal, it is possible to create life without a man, but not without a women.

As for protest by men, Men are sanctified as protectors. Society shows no sympathy if men abdicate that responsibility or is just plain incapable. Of course, the social norms are formed by men in the first place.

Now women can become both life giver and protector, but men can only be protector, never a life giver. So if you abdicate your responsibility as protector, you are pretty much useless in society at a very fundamental level. Think about that.

I don't buy the theory that a woman is somehow superior to me because she has a uterus. Sorry man.

You cannot create life without a man and a woman. The woman is the gestational receptacle. Easier to do that when you sit at home, while the man hunts for food or defends against enemies.

There are gender based roles and evolutionary derived equipping of each gender to play such. Does not put either on an elevated pedestal.

Its simple. There is physical violence. And the perpetrator inserts a body part by force into the victim. Stripped of all the social humbug, that's all there is to it.

Rape involves imposing ones will on another without her consent.

How can the victim be responsible in such a situation ?

you need to open Ist and 2nd Eye also
what if you flash 100 dollar bills in a worst part of the city, what do you think will happen to you, but whatever happens you should only blame the ones who rob or kill you dont blame your own stupidity.
When a tharky gets hard and his hormones are jumping out of his skin because he watched a real good **** in an internet cafe, try having this philosophical debate with him and that too in a room just you and him and see who wins the debate :)

Back
Top Bottom