What's new

"Women are to blame for most rapes"; Indian men on women !

No we are not. The point of consent, consent is important and so is the ability to give consent (in legal terms). Otherwise one can go about promulgating equivalencies and lamenting why society does not see it that way. As such there would be no difference between being you being beaten up in a stomp and being anally violated by a gaggle of silver back gorillas.

The guy getting beaten up by a gang of goons is not asked for his consent either.

Where is the difference?

So in essence you and I are thinking along the same lines.

The huge song and dance is there because society has conditioned us to believe that a woman's privates are a no go area, equal in stature to a deified entity.

Stripped of that, there is really no difference between a gang bang either way. Shorn of brutality or physical trauma - the degree of which in its purest form is what is clearly defined in the Indian Penal Code in various gradations of offence.

Would you fee the same way if a gang of Gay Men raped you in the @ss and made you suck their ....... ? ... you know, gang bang.

Try to imagine that for a minute and then give me a reply. A bit crude, but effective in helping men put things in perspective.

Would you fee the same way if a gang of Gay Men raped you in the @ss and made you suck their ....... ? ... you know, gang bang.

Try to imagine that for a minute and then give me a reply. A bit crude, but effective in helping men put things in perspective.

You see, in the eyes of the law, it really does not matter a fig what the victim FEELS.

Incidentally, to both you and Dillinger, pursuing the anal buggery line, under the Indian Penal Code, buggery comes under a section different to vaginal penetration.

The former being unnatural sexual offence.

The guy getting beaten up by a gang of goons is not asked for his consent either.

Where is the difference?

Consent in the context of sexual intercourse or activity bhai, in context. There is no consent in murder either, but then consent or lack thereof is not the prosecution's angle is it, and for good reason too. As I said, there are societal, normative and legal angles which interface in this case and depend upon context.

Consent in the context of sexual intercourse or activity bhai, in context. There is no consent in murder either, but then consent or lack thereof is not the prosecution's angle is it, and for good reason too. As I said, there are societal, normative and legal angles which interface in this case and depend upon context.

I said the same thing. Only the way I put it raises the hackles of those like you who find misogyny a convenient label. :)

Just put out more. Then you get to pick and choose, with those you choose ready and able to defend your right to do so. Why do girls not get that? ;)

"Women are to blame for most rapes"

BWhgiNVCQAEbe5c.jpgp

TEHELKA reporters spoke to dozens of men across strata and age and region and class, asking them how comfortable they felt with ideas of freedom for women, whether they held women and modernity responsible for rape and other forms of sexual crime; whether they believed rape was more prevalent in cities than villages; and how far they felt popular culture was responsible for a perceived sense of moral decline in society.

Indian Men On Women: In Their Own Words | Tehelka.com

It's not about Indian men or American men or African men, men in general, directly or indirectly, partially or fully, always held women responsible for the crimes like rape and sexual violations. This may sound like a generalization, but the fact is; this is the general psyche of majority "MEN" across the world.

I said the same thing. Only the way I put it raises the hackles of those like you who find misogyny a convenient label. :)

Just put out more. Then you get to pick and choose, with those you choose ready and able to defend your right to do so. Why do girls not get that? ;)

Oh nanhi jaan putting out more does not solve the issue, there is no correlation there whatsoever unless only virgins get raped.

Oh nanhi jaan putting out more does not solve the issue, there is no correlation there whatsoever unless only virgins get raped.

Sirji I was thinking of it more like herd immunity. Only one section gets vaccinated, but the benefits are felt by all.

Sirji I was thinking of it more like herd immunity. Only one section gets vaccinated, but the benefits are felt by all.

There is no herd immunity in this case. Maturity on sexual matters and an end to patriarchy will most definitely help, in fact such measures will not curb such incidents as much as they will make recovery and rehabilitation of the victims more possible. Curbing can only be done in a combined manner with societal as well as legal reformation. There too the process will not be absolute, given that one needs to only look at the statistics even in western nations. The difference arises in society's ability to process the heinous act sans the complicated biases that arise ergo allowing the victim to reintegrate into society rather than being shunned as pariah. Simply put how many Indian men would accept a bride who has faced such an act?

You see, in the eyes of the law, it really does not matter a fig what the victim FEELS.

Incidentally, to both you and Dillinger, pursuing the anal buggery line, under the Indian Penal Code, buggery comes under a section different to vaginal penetration.

The former being unnatural sexual offence.

You are wrong. In the eyes of the law it matters who the society FEELS about the whole crime.

Rape invokes strong feelings in an Indian society that is bound by honor, clan feelings, strong social ties and general position of women in society.

It is more than a physical act, it is a wound to the society that feels responsible and protective towards women. (for better or for worse) Women are made to feel that social pressure and are forced to abide by social norms. In such a society when rape occures, it is a violation of that very public social promise that the society had made to that women since she was 2 years old.

I asked you to imagine the buggery as it would help you put things in the right perspective. Its more than bunch of goons ganging up and beating the **** out of you. Or do you disagree ?

You would rate your gang rape by a gay gang as the same as a bunch of goons beating the **** out of you ?

There is no herd immunity in this case. Maturity on sexual matters and an end to patriarchy will most definitely help, in fact such measures will not curb such incidents as much as they will make recovery and rehabilitation of the victims more possible. Curbing can only be done in a combined manner with societal as well as legal reformation. There too the process will not be absolute, given that one needs to only look at the statistics even in western nations. The difference arises in society's ability to process the heinous act sans the complicated biases that arise ergo allowing the victim to reintegrate into society rather than being shunned as pariah. Simply put how many Indian men would accept a bride who has faced such an act?

All good. But if the sexually active and available (unattached) girls put out more, (not to mention the attached ones as well but that's a different gripe), then the amount of un-consented sex will definitely reduce for the larger female population. Contrary to what people say about rape being all about power, in India rape continues to be all about frustrated pent up sex.

well the thread and its op have a melice towards india it seems ...rapes happen evry where can the OP say that rapes dont happen in land of the pure im not trying to take any sides but it is cruel & funny aswell to talk of rapes happening in other nations when pakistani women are one of the biggest sufrers of such crimes ....at least indian women get there voices heared but in land of the pure women dont get justice at all tell me pakistani freinds when was the last time a rapist was convicted and punished

You are wrong. In the eyes of the law it matters who the society FEELS about the whole crime.

Rape invokes strong feelings in an Indian society that is bound by honor, clan feelings, strong social ties and general position of women in society.

It is more than a physical act, it is a wound to the society that feels responsible and protective towards women. (for better or for worse) Women are made to feel that social pressure and are forced to abide by social norms. In such a society when rape occures, it is a violation of that very public social promise that the society had made to that women since she was 2 years old.

I asked you to imagine the buggery as it would help you put things in the right perspective. Its more than bunch of goons ganging up and beating the **** out of you. Or do you disagree ?

You would rate your gang rape by a gay gang as the same as a bunch of goons beating the **** out of you ?

That's what I have been saying.

The big hullabaloo about rape is because of society and the sanctity ascribed to the woman's private parts.

Catch there being a demonstration at jantar mantar if I was buggered by a platoon of silverbacks.

Probably people would queue up, with touts making a killing from pay-to-watch.

All good. But if the sexually active and available (unattached) girls put out more, (not to mention the attached ones as well but that's a different gripe), then the amount of un-consented sex will definitely reduce for the larger female population. Contrary to what people say about rape being all about power, in India rape continues to be all about frustrated pent up sex.

AND that is the root of your misconception since I stated very clearly that it has nothing to do with putting out- thus the reason of me mentioning stats of western countries in the same regard wherein UK has the same number of reported rapes per year as India (obviously in India there is under-reporting as there is in UK too but the quantum of under-reporting differs). The point is that rape does not occur expressly due to "sexual deprivation", there are married men who end up raping women, there are well adjusted socially well to do men who end up doing the same just as well. Trying to find a super generalized and superficial bandaid will not solve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom