What's new

WMD & Missiles Question Thread

I have a question and I apologize if this had been asked before me. But, what is the range of Pakistan's WMD capability and do they purposefully keep it at the range? Can they increase it?

I have a question and I apologize if this had been asked before me. But, what is the range of Pakistan's WMD capability and do they purposefully keep it at the range? Can they increase it?

The longest range nuclear ballistic missile currently operation with the Pakistan's Strategic Forces Command (Army) is the Shaheen-2, capable of hitting targets up to 2000 km away with a payload capacity of ~1000 kg.
Yes, we can.

In Ballistic missiles, Only target coordinates are fed and on the bases of target co-ordinates Ballistic missile made decision on it's own to follow trajectory of x degree and release payload at x height or it is also fed in it to follow the trajectory of x degree and would release it's first stage at such height second stage at that height and warhead at that height?

@AhaseebA

Nuclear Scientist Dr Samar Mubarik Discusses Pakistan's Defence Potential Part3 - YouTube

ProxFree - Error!

Request you to kindly listen the attached video interview (an old video of late 2008 i think) of Samar Mubark in which @ 2:00 during elaboration of cruise missile of Pkaistan he said "We have missile of 700 KM range that could be fired from sea"

As far as I know Babar is a land base missile and "we have no modified sea based assets available" to use Babaer as Sea Launch missile so ........... this thing is confusing me, would appreciate if you could help .....

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
@AhaseebA

Nuclear Scientist Dr Samar Mubarik Discusses Pakistan's Defence Potential Part3 - YouTube

ProxFree - Error!

Request you to kindly listen the attached video interview (an old video of late 2008 i think) of Samar Mubark in which @ 2:00 during elaboration of cruise missile of Pkaistan he said "We have missile of 700 KM range that could be fired from sea"

As far as I know Babar is a land base missile and "we have no modified sea based assets available" to use Babaer as Sea Launch missile so ........... this thing is confusing me, would appreciate if you could help .....

Regards,

Yes, Babur "can" be launched from a submarine, but not just yet. Efforts are ongoing in this regard.
No major modification of submarines is required for launching Babur SLCM, as its diameter allows it to be launched through the 533mm standard torpedo tubes.

Last edited by a moderator:

World nuclear forces

Overview

At the start of 2013 eight states possessed approximately 4400 operational
nuclear weapons. Nearly 2000 of these are kept in a state of high operational
alert. If all nuclear warheads are counted—operational warheads, spares,
those in both active and inactive storage, and intact warheads scheduled for
dismantlement—the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France,
China, India, Pakistan and Israel together possess a total of approximately
17 270 nuclear weapons (see table 6.1).

All five legally recognized nuclear weapon states, as defined by the 1968
Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (Non-Proliferation
Treaty, NPT)—China, France, Russia, the UK and the USA—appear determined
to remain nuclear powers for the indefinite future. Russia and the USA
have major modernization programmes under way for nuclear delivery
systems, warheads and production facilities (see sections I and II in this chapter).
At the same time, they continue to reduce their nuclear forces through
the implementation of the bilateral 2010 Treaty on Measures for the Further
Reduction and Limitation of Strategic Offensive Arms (New START) and
through unilateral force reductions. Since the nuclear weapon arsenals of
Russia and the USA are by far the largest, one result has been that the total
number of nuclear weapons in the world has been declining. The nuclear
arsenals of the other three legally recognized nuclear weapon states are considerably
smaller, but all three states are either deploying new weapon
systems or have announced their intention to do so (see sections III–IV). Of
the five legally recognized nuclear weapon states, China is the only one that
appears to be expanding the size of its nuclear arsenal.

The availability of reliable information about the nuclear weapon states’
arsenals varies considerably. France, the UK and the USA have recently disclosed
important information about their nuclear capabilities. In contrast,
transparency in Russia has decreased as a result of its decision not to publicly
release detailed data about its strategic nuclear forces under New START,
even though it shares the information with the USA. China remains highly
non-transparent as part of its long-standing deterrence strategy, and little
information is publicly available about its nuclear forces and weapon production
complex.

Reliable information on the operational status of the nuclear arsenals and
capabilities of the three states that have never been party to the NPT—India,
Israel and Pakistan—is especially difficult to find. In the absence of official

MILITARY SPENDING AND ARMAMENTS, 2012

declarations, the available information is often contradictory, incorrect or
exaggerated. India and Pakistan are both expanding their nuclear weapon
stockpiles as well as their missile delivery capabilities, while Israel appears to
be waiting to see how the situation in Iran develops (see sections VI–VIII). A
ninth state—the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK, North
Korea)—has demonstrated a military nuclear capability. However, there is no
public information to verify that it possesses operational nuclear weapons
(see section IX).

The raw material for nuclear weapons is fissile material, either highly
enriched uranium (HEU) or separated plutonium. The five nuclear weapon
states have produced both HEU and plutonium. India, Israel and North Korea
have produced mainly plutonium, and Pakistan mainly HEU for weapons. All
states with a civilian nuclear industry are capable of producing fissile materials
(see section X).

SHANNON N
. KILE AND HANS M. KRISTENSEN

nuclear competition between the two countries.
Deterrence_Stability_Timeline_Dec_2013_web.jpg

@above

The quantity is un know but what most of reports tells us that it is round about 12,000
You mad brother?! :eek: America has only about 3ooo cruise missiles..howcome Pakistan has the biggest no. Of cruise missiles in the world?

@AhaseebA

ProxFree - Error!

Regards,
Pakistan's problem is that we have submarine launched nuclear cruise missiles... but we don't have a missile launching submarine :p

Pakistan's problem is that we have submarine launched nuclear cruise missiles... but we don't have a missile launching submarine :p
Yes Pakistan does. Pakistan Navy's Diesel-Electric Submarines (Agosta 70s and 90Bs) have 533mm torpedo tubes, which can launch Babur SLCM (520mm).

Yes Pakistan does. Pakistan Navy's Diesel-Electric Submarines (Agosta 70s and 90Bs) have 533mm torpedo tubes, which can launch Babur SLCM (520mm).

Waisee yaraaa have we come up with some indigenous torpedoes or whatever arsenal our subs use is sourced from abroad ? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom