What's new

Wings of Russia: Must watch documentary series.

Army research

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So I, being a avid military history enthusiast, stumbled across perhaps one of the best series on military aviation. The series while focusing on the Soviet/Russian air force also brief the audience on the evolution of military aviation of all the major powers. The first two episodes are mostly general, with the first one on propeller based air craft and the world wars , and the second on the age of the jet fighter up till the Su-35(and the surprising fact how Britain in 1946 lent a major hand in Soviet engine tech). The latter episode also focusing on different missile tech and radar etc. However the other 18 episodes are each focused on certain. Topics eg one for attack planes, one for reconnaissance heli's etc. The depth of knowledge to be gained from these is truly astonishing and come second on my list of favorite military documentary series after Soviet storm the east:WW2.

If you're a military history enthusiast or a general aviation enthusiast I would recommend you to check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlgs-bz3H7FN-ul1HrBKQUkxSzhXjjhEZ

This is an awesome documentary. no other documentary about fighter jets shows this much of details into the development if fighter jets.
I recommend everyone to watch it.

Thanks for the share.
I had seen these a long time ago- but forgot how awesome this series is. Now I'm going to watch them all over again- thanks to you man! Cheers!

So I, being a avid military history enthusiast, stumbled across perhaps one of the best series on military aviation. The series while focusing on the Soviet/Russian air force also brief the audience on the evolution of military aviation of all the major powers. The first two episodes are mostly general, with the first one on propeller based air craft and the world wars , and the second on the age of the jet fighter up till the Su-35(and the surprising fact how Britain in 1946 lent a major hand in Soviet engine tech). The latter episode also focusing on different missile tech and radar etc. However the other 18 episodes are each focused on certain. Topics eg one for attack planes, one for reconnaissance heli's etc. The depth of knowledge to be gained from these is truly astonishing and come second on my list of favorite military documentary series after Soviet storm the east:WW2.

If you're a military history enthusiast or a general aviation enthusiast I would recommend you to check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlgs-bz3H7FN-ul1HrBKQUkxSzhXjjhEZ
Thanks! Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom