What's new

Wind mill project inaugurated in Thatta

You think? The daily man doesnt, the few top shots do!

When the daily man earns less than $5 a day you cant really compliment anything!

I not only think I know, I know how much property taxes were paid on my parents house, my son takes more money to school everyday. you get water and sewage service for free (OMG)...I pay about 200/month for that alone. Those who make $5 dollars a day should pay .05 dollar a day in taxes everyone should contribute even as little as a rupee a month. People here in Canada will work two jobs only because thy have to pay so much in taxes.

Another failure/scandal will happen sooner or later involving this project. Basically anything the manhole thieves touch it get corrupted.

you get water and sewage service for free (OMG)
Do you or your children drink bottled water when they come to Pakistan? If yes tell me why..if no do you get sick by any chance?

Now for technical prob. - the pipes for both are pathetically close together if the sewage leaks or bursts, lets just say you get free flavoured water!

And the pipes ARE pathetically close together and half the time broken, leaking but mind you we do pay for water, where in Pakistan do you stay that you get free water?

Sewage isnt even free...every now and then we have to call the "dept guy to unclog our sewage pipes" and no he does get paid from us and the govt or whatever he is working from...Not sure how you call that free! And as for trash pick up stuff..well, we pay and they come when they wanna...not sure how that is even a point to bring up :o:

I know how much property taxes were paid on my parents house, my son takes more money to school everyday.
I beg your pardon? Am I to know what house and where?

BTW, if you are comparing Rs vs dollars than please just stop there, those earning in Rs are paying in Rs and those earning in dollars are paying in dollars....You cant compare that when you earn in dollars and pay in Rs!

Those who make $5 dollars a day should pay .05 dollar a day in taxes everyone should contribute even as little as a rupee a month.
And that is what I am saying only stricter that they should pay the appropriate tax the very fact they dont is the problem! People see the big rich getting away and obviously the poor will see it even more justifiable to get away!

People here in Canada will work two jobs only because thy have to pay so much in taxes.
Yes and they get facilities in return, Pakistan doesnt!

2ndly, the top notch rich also pay up (yea they may hide a bit but pay enough not to effect the economy) vs Pakistan where top notch get more projects and "favours" and relaxation!

Do you or your children drink bottled water when they come to Pakistan? If yes tell me why..if no do you get sick by any chance?

Now for technical prob. - the pipes for both are pathetically close together if the sewage leaks or bursts, lets just say you get free flavoured water!

And the pipes ARE pathetically close together and half the time broken, leaking but mind you we do pay for water, where in Pakistan do you stay that you get free water?

Sewage isnt even free...every now and then we have to call the "dept guy to unclog our sewage pipes" and no he does get paid from us and the govt or whatever he is working from...Not sure how you call that free! And as for trash pick up stuff..well, we pay and they come when they wanna...not sure how that is even a point to bring up :o:

BTW, if you are comparing Rs vs dollars than please just stop there, those earning in Rs are paying in Rs and those earning in dollars are paying in dollars....You cant compare that when you earn in dollars and pay in Rs!

And that is what I am saying only stricter that they should pay the appropriate tax the very fact they dont is the problem! People see the big rich getting away and obviously the poor will see it even more justifiable to get away!

2ndly, the top notch rich also pay up (yea they may hide a bit but pay enough not to effect the economy) vs Pakistan where top notch get more projects and "favours" and relaxation!

I remember paying less than Rs. 2000 in property taxes because I always went to make the payment at civic center. maybe they are more now but still cant be enough.
as far as falvoured water, you cant complain for free stuff.

I remember paying less than Rs. 2000 in property taxes because I always went to make the payment at civic center. maybe they are more now but still cant be enough.
what do you own? A garden shed? :o:

as far as falvoured water, you cant complain for free stuff.
I said we pay for it......Water aint free man...When did you leave Pakistan?

what do you own? A garden shed? :o:

I said we pay for it......Water aint free man...When did you leave Pakistan?

No we lived in a chicken house :)
I left in 88, when water was clean and we only had to call jamadar once a year to remove the brick and let the sewage flow before he puts it back in (Problem is people not the sewage lines, when lines are blocked 12 months a year dirty water will seep out)

No we lived in a chicken house :)
I assure you we dont live in a mahal type house (i aint from a rich background) yet we pay the tax in over thousands! I dont know the exact some as I get confused with this lakh, carror and whatever....plus i try to keep away from family politics...

I left in 88, when water was clean and we only had to call jamadar once a year to remove the brick and let the sewage flow before he puts it back in.
about the time I left :ashamed:

Yes water was relatively clean....but now ...nope all changed its like a glasshouse had a crack and it shattered ....isnt as pretty as before :(

I not only think I know, I know how much property taxes were paid on my parents house, my son takes more money to school everyday. you get water and sewage service for free (OMG)...I pay about 200/month for that alone. Those who make $5 dollars a day should pay .05 dollar a day in taxes everyone should contribute even as little as a rupee a month. People here in Canada will work two jobs only because thy have to pay so much in taxes.

Toronto minimum wage per hour is 11$ while Pakistan minimum entire month salary is 120$.

You can't compare Canadian living expenses with Pakistani living expenses.

Toronto minimum wage per hour is 11$ while Pakistan minimum entire month salary is 120$.

You can't compare Canadian living expenses with Pakistani living expenses.

I am not saying pay the same amount but at least proportional to the value of the property, if someone can afford 1 karoor house he can definitrly afford 50000/year in property tax

I am not saying pay the same amount but at least proportional to the value of the property, if someone can afford 1 karoor house he can definitrly afford 50000/year in property tax

Dude what is GST rate in Canada?

It's typically 17% here and 22% for Petrol and on many things we have to pay even more then 200% VAT. Also we pay withholding taxes on many things. So you can't compare tax system here with Canada.

You are right about proportional to the value of property but another thing is that you know that your money will be spent on you while we don't think that way because our money is spent somewhere else. :D

Dude what is GST rate in Canada?

It's typically 17% here and 22% for Petrol and on many things we have to pay even more then 200% VAT. Also we pay withholding taxes on many things. So you can't compare tax system here with Canada.

You are right about proportional to the value of property but another thing is that you know that your money will be spent on you while we don't think that way because our money is spent somewhere else. :D

that is an invalid argument, you wont know until you start paying...even big chunk or our money gets wasted too but everyone expects that from politicians, Its like other people's money...khula haath.

Pakistan can be home to world largest Solar based & Wind mill based energy but corrupt politicians are failing to understand that.

You are confusing the 'Gift/Baggage scheme' with the normal import route. Currently, if you have lived abroad and purchased a car with your income there, you allowed to import that into Pakistan without the Custom tax. Otherwise, only brand new cars are allowed by paying the customs or only used cars that are at most 3 years used. However, with the local market heating up with the JDM cars, a lot of them are coming as Non-custom paid. You can drive the car, but you are at a risk.......since it will be impounded if customs officers found out....however, most people who buy these 6-12 Million PKR Mercedes, LC, Prado etc can afford to play with the law and get away. The same MB (W212) we were getting for PKR 4 million, non custom paid and two years used (2009 manufacture), but my dad doesn't do the shady shyt, so he had to import via Shahnawaz.
Damn donatello, you rich man!

Back
Top Bottom