What's new

Wind mill project inaugurated in Thatta

Is banday ko sharam nai aai yeh kehtay way? Where is the manifestation of our govt's commitment towards their responsibility (towards the development of Pakistan)?

Everytime someone else has to help us...when will we be self sufficient and can manage our own resources?

1. there is no single sentence in the world in any language on which every one agrees.
2. you will be self sufficient when everyone pays their due tax

there is no single sentence in the world in any language on which every one agrees.

Do you actually think that the Scots and English get along? Yet they have UK

Do you think France agrees or even follows EU rules? Yet they are part of EU!

You dont need 100% agreement to pull off something...

Hey look at our country 1 bloody man with barely any form of education yells ALLAH HU AKHBAR and everyone is preparing for battle

. you will be self sufficient when everyone pays their due tax
I know and when will that happen?
I feel offended when stupid laws lax those who can pay tax

eg. imported cars not needing tax (if you can afford to import a bloody car over buying a cheap one from within the country am sure you can pay the tax)

Last edited:

eg. imported cars not needing tax (if you can afford to import a bloody car over buying a cheap one from within the country am sure you can pay the tax)

Laws are lax everywhere, I can fake my tax returns in Canada and get away with paying half the taxes or even no taxes but there is a 0.009% chance I will get caught and that will not be fun, but 99% people dont think that way they think they must pay their taxes to keep getting the services form the country. When both law implementation and the willingness of public to pay their share are weak then nothing can be done but ask for aid.

Pakistani public get so much for so little or no taxes that its amazing.

You think? Try telling the sheep that we used up 100K Rs for something that will deliver half of what was advertised (due to inefficiency caused by aged old pathetic lines, technical problems like turbine prob or lack of skilled people) and within mths administrative problems will arise such funds will run out and need to be closed down coz no one in the country can repair it or coz funds ran out we cant pay for any proper engineer (forget training a local set for long term need)...

And the list continues ...
Can't comment on the Turbine efficiencies,line losses or lack of maintenance and diagnostics staff.

One of the 60MW farm completed in Nov 2014 costed around NZ$169 million and the turbines were manufactured by Siemens.When you look at labour rates in Pakistan and the price of Chinese hardware it is expensive.

49.5 MW and 2 more of 50 MW each so that would be 149.5 MW. The shortfall is much more than that. Pakistan needs projects like kalabagh.
They are also helping create jobs besides contributing to the energy needs of the country
How many jobs have they provided up till now? How many Pakistani engineers were working on it?

Do you actually think that the Scots and English get along? Yet they have UK

Do you think France agrees or even follows EU rules? Yet they are part of EU!

You dont need 100% agreement to pull of something...

Hey look at our country 1 bloody man with barely any form of education yells ALLAH HU AKHBAR and everyone is preparing for battle

Who said imported cars don't need tax? Those shitty Japanese Pikachu cars plying the road with toaster for an engine would not be worth more than 400,000 Rupees, but they are retailing for a million or more.
Tell that to my dad who paid 12 Million for his MB W212.

There is a remarked difference in announcing, starting with no aims or idea of what is considered , going mid way and then suddenly money dissapears and finishing AND FINALLY maintaining! and I agree with
These are private sector projects so no such scenario as disappearing of money..

How many jobs have they provided up till now? How many Pakistani engineers were working on it?
Apart from this power project TGF has constructed a tower manufacturing facility in nearby Jhampir City.

Can anyone throw some light on the cost of each unit of electricity will be produced from this project?
Current Policy of PMLN instruct us "Count Mangoes not Trees"
49.5 MW and 2 more of 50 MW each so that would be 149.5 MW. The shortfall is much more than that. Pakistan needs projects like kalabagh.
Inshallah - it'll be completed in our lifetime, have a pray for our PASHTUNS Brothers

These are private sector projects so no such scenario as disappearing of money..
Hope so...Like I said I am happy, just skeptical hence the question :tup:

Who said imported cars don't need tax? Those shitty Japanese Pikachu cars plying the road with toaster for an engine would not be worth more than 400,000 Rupees, but they are retailing for a million or more.
I am not sure there was some shit that was going around when NS became PM

was any part of the 12 Million tax or was that the price of the car + shipping?

Can't comment on the Turbine efficiencies,line losses or lack of maintenance and diagnostics staff.

One of the 60MW farm completed in Nov 2014 costed around NZ$169 million and the turbines were manufactured by Siemens.When you look at labour rates in Pakistan and the price of Chinese hardware it is expensive.
I dont know...i aint an engineer nor updated in such stuff :(

was any part of the 12 Million tax or was that the price of the car + shipping?

Tax was like a hefty 6-7 million PKR. All of the imported cars have to pay taxes........non-custom paid vehicles are not allowed to ply on the road, but people still do...which come smuggled from Afghanistan/Iran.

When both law implementation and the willingness of public to pay their share are weak then nothing can be done but ask for aid.
Unfortunately we cant change a million people overnight, BUT a bill should be issued to change the corruption of a thousand workers in the tax field - Just my thoughts!

If the govt isnt going to ask you money (no more under the table) then I doubt the people will try to cheat....

In Canada, you get services for your tax in Pakistan, you still get Lahore turned Venice, you still dont get electricity and the courts still havent hung any bloody rapist!

Fix those who are supposed to be "in charge of the nation" (govt) and heighten laws so that looter in any form (politician, govt worker or even the everyday man who escapes tax) should be dragged to court IMMEDIATELY!

When we have rich who can afford tax filing to be poorer than a taxi driver .....even some politicians (not saying all and not singling out anyone) then how can you expect anyone NOT to follow such an example?

The willingness of public arises when they have seen examples set....both good (top shots paying their taxes in full) and bad (assholes no matter how top shot they are being fined or punished for not)

SET AN EXAMPLE....STOP POINTING FINGERS!

My family pays all our dues so I have set the example, now whose gonna follow?

Pakistani public get so much for so little or no taxes that its amazing.
You think? The daily man doesnt, the few top shots do!

When the daily man earns less than $5 a day you cant really compliment anything!

Tax was like a hefty 6-7 million PKR. All of the imported cars have to pay taxes........non-custom paid vehicles are not allowed to ply on the road, but people still do...which come smuggled from Afghanistan/Iran.
My aunt used to work in Karachi customs dept she said (at 5 yrs back) she said that imported cars (not brand new but if they had been with you while you were overseas) dont need tax....

I think this should be a possibility of youth being part of discussions and stuff....

THAT is the only way we can get transparency! Sit in their bloody meetings (not interested in their social gatherings)

I have 0 hope from these bas**** and their fake democracy.

My friend from Germany once wanted to start Wind energy program in Pakistan and only interest of our ministers was their "mithai" in program.

No doubt we have unlimited potential for power generation from wind but :( .........................

I have 0 hope from these bas**** and their fake democracy.

My friend from Germany once wanted to start Wind energy program in Pakistan and only interest of our ministers was their "mithai" in program.

No doubt we have unlimited potential for power generation from wind but :( .........................
Yes I know of a few European companies wanting to venture in different areas of Pakistan but the mithai stops them ...they are like if they ask mithai in the beginning, how sure are we the product will reach those deserving (public) and not get spoilt like many other projects? I had no answers :(

Pakistan needs projects like kalabagh.
Pakistan needs everything it can get and it def needs someone who can actually not only produce a sensible project, make it work but also maintain it and make sure it keeps updated to retain its efficiency and not make it junkyard material in a mth!

My aunt used to work in Karachi customs dept she said (at 5 yrs back) she said that imported cars (not brand new but if they had been with you while you were overseas) dont need tax....

You are confusing the 'Gift/Baggage scheme' with the normal import route. Currently, if you have lived abroad and purchased a car with your income there, you allowed to import that into Pakistan without the Custom tax. Otherwise, only brand new cars are allowed by paying the customs or only used cars that are at most 3 years used. However, with the local market heating up with the JDM cars, a lot of them are coming as Non-custom paid. You can drive the car, but you are at a risk.......since it will be impounded if customs officers found out....however, most people who buy these 6-12 Million PKR Mercedes, LC, Prado etc can afford to play with the law and get away. The same MB (W212) we were getting for PKR 4 million, non custom paid and two years used (2009 manufacture), but my dad doesn't do the shady shyt, so he had to import via Shahnawaz.

Back
Top Bottom