What's new

Wind mill project inaugurated in Thatta

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
851738-JhimpirwindNNI-1426106714-890-640x480.jpg

HYDERABAD: A 49.5-megawatt windmill project in Jhimpir, Thatta, was inaugurated on Wednesday. The project was built by a Chinese company at a cost of $130 million.

Minister for Water and Power Khwaja Asif, while addressing the ceremony, said Three Gorges Company will soon start construction of two more wind farms of 50MW capacity each, in addition to its four hydel projects on Jhelum river. “The company has projects of 3,300MW under progress,” he added.

“These projects are manifestation of China’s commitment towards the development of Pakistan as well as the strong bond of friendship between the two countries,” said the minister.

Shah said that the Sindh government is taking necessary steps to facilitate the foreign companies. “They are also helping create jobs besides contributing to the energy needs of the country.”

712.jpg

The company’s chairman Lu Chin briefed that the project, comprising 80-metre long 33 turbines of 1.5 MW capacity each, was completed in a span of two years. A total of 1,150 acres of land was acquired. Chin informed that the construction work on the two new projects will begin by June and it will be completed in 18 months.

“Pakistan and China enjoy exemplary friendship. Our company is working day and night [to complete the projects] so that the energy woes in Pakistan could be ended at the earliest,” he said.

Abdul Hameed Noonari, company’s deputy general manager, told The Express Tribunethat their commercial operation date (COD) started from November 25, 2014, when they began to contribute to the national grid.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 12th, 2015

Wind mill project inaugurated in Thatta – The Express Tribune

I am happy :tup: :tup: :tup:

Thank you China!

However I couldnt avoid this thought:

“These projects are manifestation of China’s commitment towards the development of Pakistan as well as the strong bond of friendship between the two countries,” said the minister.
Is banday ko sharam nai aai yeh kehtay way? Where is the manifestation of our govt's commitment towards their responsibility (towards the development of Pakistan)?

Everytime someone else has to help us...when will we be self sufficient and can manage our own resources?

Thank you China!

Is banday ko sharam nai aai yeh kehtay way? Where is the manifestation of our govt's commitment towards their responsibility (towards the development of Pakistan)?

Everytime someone else has to help us...when will we be self sufficient and can manage our own resources?

Pay your taxes, convince your neighbors to pay their taxes. Pakistan is short of cash because no one pays their taxes. Wasn't it just last year that out of the tens of millions that should have, over over 800,000 payed it? If Everyone who should be paying taxes actually did sp, Pakistan would probably be one of the richest nations on the planet.

Can anyone throw some light on the cost of each unit of electricity will be produced from this project?

How many projects have been started before ?
kalabagh project started 3 times, fund issued, machinery bought, paisa hazam, khail khatam
this is also one of them. No hope from these political leaders

I would recommend every one to sit in gatherings of these so called leaders and u ll be shocked about their mental levels

Thank you China!

Soon 50 MW FWEL- 1 Wind Farm Project will also start generation.

Attachments

• 11057305_1039358239414847_1927701212592831893_n.jpg
    11057305_1039358239414847_1927701212592831893_n.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 37
Someone is burning :flame:
Burning from thinking? No idea how that happens, is it why many avoid thinking altogether? :pop:

These projects were started back in Zardari time.
How many projects have been started before ?
kalabagh project started 3 times, fund issued, machinery bought, paisa hazam, khail khatam
this is also one of them. No hope from these political leaders

There is a remarked difference in announcing, starting with no aims or idea of what is considered , going mid way and then suddenly money dissapears and finishing AND FINALLY maintaining! and I agree with @!eon

I would recommend every one to sit in gatherings of these so called leaders and u ll be shocked about their mental levels
I think there should be a possibility of youth being part of discussions and stuff....

THAT is the only way we can get transparency! Sit in their bloody meetings (not interested in their social gatherings)

Last edited:
Isn't it a wee bit expensive ?
You think? Try telling the sheep that we used up 100K Rs for something that will deliver half of what was advertised (due to inefficiency caused by aged old pathetic lines, technical problems like turbine prob or lack of skilled people) and within mths administrative problems will arise such funds will run out and need to be closed down coz no one in the country can repair it or coz funds ran out we cant pay for any proper engineer (forget training a local set for long term need)...

And the list continues ...

Back
Top Bottom