What's new

Will the BNP strike a deal with New Delhi

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Will the BNP strike a deal with New Delhi to keep Tareque Rahman involved in politics?

I have refrained from writing on Bangladesh politics for the good part of 3 years but recent developments have impressed upon me the urgency of finding an answer to the question raised. Will the BNP ultimately strike a deal with New Delhi to keep Tareque Rahman in politics? The question is not as outrageous as it may initially seem, since Indian interests appear increasingly to coincide with that of the BNP. The ultimate objective of both is to keep US involvement and influence in the region to an absolute minimum. There are here four important factors at play that is bringing India and the BNP closer together: (1) Private US expressions of a deep and abiding aversion to Tareque Rahman’s involvement in Bangladesh political life; (2) Western displeasure and vocal criticism of the present AL government which could eventually lead to it’s downfall or a massive elections defeat in 2013; (3) US military presence in the South Asian region could potentially ignite tensions with China which neither India or the BNP would find desirable at this point in time or at any time in the near future; (4) A military role (albeit limited like in 1/11) in Bangladesh politics (which could actually aid US military interests in the country) that neither India or the BNP would find acceptable and which could become a distinct possibility if the country continues on the present destructive path chosen by a highly irrational and vindictive Awami League. All four points have to be factored in when considering an answer to the question posed above.

FULL ARTICLE –

DeshCalling: Will the BNP strike a deal with New Delhi to keep Tareque Rahman involved in politics?

So BNP will be pitching for close indian ties?
The OP is Mr.Munshi... Somebody hacked his account?
He posted a thread wanting relationship with india(evil hindus)...
On Topic: The better the 2 countries work with each other, the very less the problems between the 2 countries!!

So BNP will be pitching for close indian ties?
The OP is Mr.Munshi... Somebody hacked his account?
He posted a thread wanting relationship with india(evil hindus)...
On Topic: The better the 2 countries work with each other, the very less the problems between the 2 countries!!

Its a long article. I am sure you haven't read it all .......

I have always been saying that - it doesnt matter who will come to power in Dhaka. Indian influence will always be there.

Maybe if it took 1000 taka for Awamy, it might take 1500 taka for BNP.

But the influence will be there and no one can help that.

I have always been saying that - it doesnt matter who will come to power in Dhaka. Indian influence will always be there.

Influence of others is also likely to increase.

Very interesting article Munshi Bhai, the blog words on the right edge were missing or not visible, due to web site format error, please check.

The first good news is that the US have decided to deal directly with Bangladesh, essentially keeping Delhi out of the picture. That is an achievement.

Now what is going on with Tareq, why US does not like Tareq, what is their problem with him? Could you please explain in detail.

India dumping AL and Hasina would definitely be good for Bangladesh-India relations, but this is such a huge move, that I doubt it will happen, considering India's investment on AL for the last 5-6 decades since its creation. AL has been India's baby and I do not see how they can dump their own child, unless they are forced to and drawn in a corner. So I will have to actually see it to believe it.

As for US interest in the region, it would be wise for them to help Bangladesh-Myanmar integration of economies and road network as well as further ASEAN integration, so this region can become another important pole in the future multi-polar world.

As for China's role, what is your estimate about China's rise, do you think it will unseat the US as the number one world's hyper power and if so in how many decades? If we can tell with some level of certainty beforehand who will win in a possible US-China struggle for domination, we will be in a position to make better long term policy, which direction we should choose for the country, I think.

You don't know much about BD politics just like the slave mentality dalal who thanked your post.
Read the full article specially the last part:

This is certainly provocative thinking and it is clear that the pivot policy of the United States is only acceptable to India in so as far as it serves Indian interests i.e. the containment of China. According to current Indian thinking the pivot policy can be adequately implemented in South Asia through joint cooperation between the US and Indian militaries and bilateral agreements or arrangements with third countries in the region are therefore unnecessary. This is the actual import of Subhash Kapila’s concluding paragraph,
“India has to note that the United States has for years has militarily activated the Arabian Sea; the United States is now in the process of militarily activating the Bay of Bengal hitherto fore viewed by Indian policy establishment as exclusive military backwaters of India. The military connotations of such moves whether in complementary role to US strategies or even in terms of India’s independent strategic postures need to be seriously contemplated by India’s policy planners.”

Such subtlety of language and euphemistic expressions are often lost to American readers but the general meaning of the paragraph can be interpreted as ‘Stay the hell away from the Bay of Bengal. This is our little lake to piss in not yours.’ Presumably if the Indians could install a Prime Minister in Dhaka thoroughly distrusted by the United States it would thwart any deeper military engagement between Bangladesh and America and thereby keep the US military some distance from the Bay of Bengal or force them to act exclusively through the Indian navy. As I have mentioned elsewhere, the Indians consider South Asia its exclusive and special sphere or zone of interest and both China and the US are seen as mere interlopers. This is only now being understood by American policy makers and military strategists.

4. A military role in Bangladesh politics

A military intervention in Bangladesh is the least desirable outcome for not just the Awami League but also the BNP and India. On one side it would keep the present crop of aged leaders out of politics for several years and in all probability eliminate them entirely from the political scene. In the Indian perspective, the military option is anathematic as the Bangladesh Army is inherently anti-Indian in outlook and still holds a deep and lasting grievance over the Pilkhana mutiny and massacre that occurred in 2009 and which many blame on the Indian external intelligence services (RAW) for having orchestrated. A military government in Dhaka would also likely be more open to American and Chinese advances and would likely try to deepen engagements with both countries leaving the Indians out in the cold.

Due to the strained and increasingly fraught political atmosphere in Bangladesh the AL has on several occasions warned of a series of vague and unspecified conspiracies to install a military government in Dhaka. The Economist has opined that on at least one occasion the conspiracy (involving Maj. Zia) was used by the government to get closer political control over the army. Industries Minister Dilip Barua had apprehended, some weeks ago, that another 1/11-like episode may take place again as the anti-liberation forces were engaged in conspiracies to destabilize the country.[v] Similarly, Sheikh Hasina has also warned of a renewed conspiracy to implement the minus-2 formula that had originally failed during the 1/11 takeover.[vi] While the AL may blame the anti-liberations forces and unnamed external agencies for these threats it is clear that this present spate of trouble has been wrought by the mismanagement and misgovernance of the country by the AL. With the possibility that the AL may be removed from power through a popular uprising or in national elections (fair and freely held) it may be better for New Delhi to secretly back the BNP and Tareque Rahman rather than opt for a military takeover. While this may all be mere speculation the reports by AI, the State Department and The Economist has finally put the cat out of the bag.

India's best bet is BNP now. BAL is a lost cause, a failed investment by India. India wants BNP to
safe guard her interest now AKA keep BD a vassal. BNP was and is always in a favorable position
in BD politics. They are favored by both the people and the army and they always had a dynamic
foreign policy. Recently Mr. Mukerji told BAL that the next election should be held under a
impartial care taker gov understanding full well that BAL would lose heavily in a fair poll. He
wants BNP as a friend now after decades of hostility. This same india wanted to destroy BNP
under the interim care taker gov of 2008.

Nothing is clear now which way things will be moving. There has been lots of propaganda talk and report to paint picture that is not true. We have to wait little longer to say which way things will move. Until then making conclusion may be bit early.

You don't know much about BD politics just like the slave mentality dalal who thanked your post.

BD politics is no Martian politics for a human like me, not to understand.

Politics, especially in small countries surrounded by big countries, is the same world over.

I'll repeat if Awami can be bought for 1000 takaa, then BNP with all its ghairat posture can be bought for 1500 taka.

That is the reality. Live with it.

Will the BNP strike a deal with New Delhi to keep Tareque Rahman involved in politics?

I have refrained from writing on Bangladesh politics for the good part of 3 years but recent developments have impressed upon me the urgency of finding an answer to the question raised. Will the BNP ultimately strike a deal with New Delhi to keep Tareque Rahman in politics? The question is not as outrageous as it may initially seem, since Indian interests appear increasingly to coincide with that of the BNP. The ultimate objective of both is to keep US involvement and influence in the region to an absolute minimum. There are here four important factors at play that is bringing India and the BNP closer together: (1) Private US expressions of a deep and abiding aversion to Tareque Rahman’s involvement in Bangladesh political life; (2) Western displeasure and vocal criticism of the present AL government which could eventually lead to it’s downfall or a massive elections defeat in 2013; (3) US military presence in the South Asian region could potentially ignite tensions with China which neither India or the BNP would find desirable at this point in time or at any time in the near future; (4) A military role (albeit limited like in 1/11) in Bangladesh politics (which could actually aid US military interests in the country) that neither India or the BNP would find acceptable and which could become a distinct possibility if the country continues on the present destructive path chosen by a highly irrational and vindictive Awami League. All four points have to be factored in when considering an answer to the question posed above.

FULL ARTICLE –

DeshCalling: Will the BNP strike a deal with New Delhi to keep Tareque Rahman involved in politics?

Mr Munshi is on a high or his account has been hacked...How could even he think that his adorable BNP can imagine to tie up with evil Hindoos....

I doubt it will happen but I wish GoI drops its hostility towards BNP( although I think the feeling is mutual). We dont pick favourite in pakistan, nepal or sri lanka, and deal with whoever comes to power. Same should be for bangladesh.

I doubt it will happen but I wish GoI drops its hostility towards BNP( although I think the feeling is mutual). We dont pick favourite in pakistan, nepal or sri lanka, and deal with whoever comes to power. Same should be for bangladesh.

BNP never showed hostility against India. It was always indian hostility and propaganda against BNP
and BD. But I like the rest of you post, but sadly majority Indians don't think like you and are
arrogant, ignorant and hostile.

India's best bet is BNP now. BAL is a lost cause, a failed investment by India. India wants BNP to
safe guard her interest now AKA keep BD a vassal. BNP was and is always in a favorable position
in BD politics. They are favored by both the people and the army and they always had a dynamic
foreign policy. Recently Mr. Mukerji told BAL that the next election should be held under a
impartial care taker gov understanding full well that BAL would lose heavily in a fair poll. He
wants BNP as a friend now after decades of hostility. This same india wanted to destroy BNP
under the interim care taker gov of 2008.
If BNP is so liked by people Why the hell they lost so heavily in the previous election?????
Today according to u BNP is in Favourable position whats the guarantee that BNP will be in same position in future.
In politics everything changes in a moment.

BNP never showed hostility against India. It was always indian hostility and propaganda against BNP
and BD. But I like the rest of you post, but sadly majority Indians don't think like you and are
BNP never showed hostility towards India?????????????
Who were training NE insurgents????????
Who gave NE insurgent leaders accomadation in BD???????????
who was colluding with ISI against India?????????? Why India should have a propoganda against BNP??????????????

My dear India or Indians are never against Bangladesh.

You know before I joined this forum, I never knew there was so much animosity among Bangladeshis towards India. I had always heard only good things about your country, and thought you guys felt the same. But then again this is an online anonymous forum and I can't say represents anything.

Very interesting article Munshi Bhai, the blog words on the right edge were missing or not visible, due to web site format error, please check.

You can change the size of the page by pressing CTRL + Mouse scroll. You can fit the writing on the page this way.

Mr Munshi is on a high or his account has been hacked...How could even he think that his adorable BNP can imagine to tie up with evil Hindoos....

The world has changed .........

Back
Top Bottom