What's new

Will support India against friendly neighbour: Medvedev

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday said his country would support India if they ever had to take a hard decision against "a friendly neighbouring country". Addressing a packed hall at IIT Bombay, Medvedev, looking comfortable in an open neck blue shirt and black suit, said India and
Russia have special relations "and it is not a figure of speech".

"I'm not disclosing a state secret but when I visited India four days after the Mumbai terror attacks I told them (the government)...we are ready to provide weapons, modern technology and know-how," said the dynamic 45-year-old President.

The President had requested to visit IIT Bombay because it was established with the help of the then USSR government. Though he walked in almost an hour late, a loud applause greeted Medvedev. "It was not that I woke up late but the airport was shut for an hour," he said.

Will support India against friendly neighbour: Medvedev - Hindustan Times

I wonder who the "Friendly Neighbor" , he is referring to..?:D

not a news to me. sources told me long before Medvedev's visit. I was talking about it much before such reports published.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday said his country would support India if they ever had to take a hard decision against "a friendly neighbouring country". Addressing a packed hall at IIT Bombay, Medvedev, looking comfortable in an open neck blue shirt and black suit, said India and
Russia have special relations "and it is not a figure of speech".

"I'm not disclosing a state secret but when I visited India four days after the Mumbai terror attacks I told them (the government)...we are ready to provide weapons, modern technology and know-how," said the dynamic 45-year-old President.

The President had requested to visit IIT Bombay because it was established with the help of the then USSR government. Though he walked in almost an hour late, a loud applause greeted Medvedev. "It was not that I woke up late but the airport was shut for an hour," he said.

Will support India against friendly neighbour: Medvedev - Hindustan Times

This line is enough to describe the level of friendship and secracy,trust, we enjoy with Russia....:cheers:

This line is enough to describe the level of friendship and secracy,trust, we enjoy with Russia....:cheers:

Yes..Some M-Sites are on alert there whenever we have some tension over here..

I don't have much confidence in that statement.

Why would Russia side with us,when we didn't even vocally support or even comment on the Georgian conflict?

Mostly Russia will try to ease tensions.

This is a solid proof of friendship between India and Russia. He dare to say Russia will support India, even in case with friendly neighbours.
Not like yanks who always use complicated and political language while addressing in such events.

The Russian-India alliance is totally different and better in the long term to that of China-Pakistan.

In the sense that Russia is not using India for its demographic or anything else, and a rising India will benefit Russia economy, by India buying more gas etc and weapons.

While Russia can outsource most of the work to India.

Its a win win alliance.

Russia made it relations much harder and took it to next level..
Now Barack Obama's reaction will be like..
obama-sad.jpg

Wat all i did...These guys won't betray their allies...

India and Russia are time tested allies. The areas of cooperation just shows this.

not a news to me. sources told me long before Medvedev's visit. I was talking about it much before such reports published.

Wow........you must have some really good "sources" to inform you a long time in advance what Medvedev was going to give as an answer to a specific question by an IIT student.
Could you also find out who killed Kennedy and whether Aliens really exist....please? :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom