What's new

Will Mumbai finally surpass Shanghai this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have habit of tall claims in future same BD also learn from india and doing it these days . 2030 2040 250 bla bla bla

Exactly, and Indians fall for this nonsense everytime. This is how the Indian elite control the population. The few lucky Indians who have travelled abroad know instantly all this talk about India becoming a superpower is utter nonsense.

...better use rest room rather than PDF

Never mind PDF, Mumbai could use a restroom or two, or a few million.

Last edited:
In 2004, Former Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh boldly declared:

"I share this aspiration with the chief minister [Sushilkumar Shinde] and senior Congress leaders to transform Mumbai in the next five years in such a manner that people would forget about Shanghai and Mumbai will become a talking point."

More than 12 years have passed since that declaration. I wonder if this is the year Mumbai will finally surpass Shanghai...

31884192803_d403e0ccd5_k.jpg

32376331556_7d91357048_k.jpg

31718451483_9a45cc0677_o.jpg

15312683361_46c4e721fe_h.jpg

9206220697_7cae9f67a6_b.jpg

9051257008_885c14d7f2_o.jpg

9436503972_54bccc400a_k.jpg

Lol is this a joke or sarcasm?

Of course, Mumbai has much to learn from Shanghai's success. Whether Indians have the capacity to absorb the lessons, the good and the bad, that's an entirely different matter.

More importantly, Shanghai can also learn from Mumbai. Actually, many cities around the world can learn from Mumbai by using it as a cautionary tale. Mumbai is a prime example of how NOT to build a functioning and livable city.

A few more photo of Shanghai...
6835d804ly1fazwpc8lz9j21j010mx6p0.jpg

16535166709_f00f06edad_h.jpg

16322465720_b12633dc83_h.jpg

16455845851_ed9b0fbcc9_h.jpg

16705476688_099eb735b1_h.jpg

15572776204_03e86d4a7f_h.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly, and Indians fall for this nonsense everytime. This is how the Indian elite control the population. The few lucky Indians who have travelled abroad know instantly all this talk about India becoming a superpower is utter nonsense.

Never mind PDF, Mumbai could use a restroom or two, for a few million.
you better never mind Mumbai

If you put a sewage line in this thread, Indians will crawl up it from the other end. I am sure you are familiar with the nocturnal habits of sewer rats?

Mumbai surpassing Shanghai? No.
I can see who is crawling in this thread...so in Pakistan everybody familiar with....

you better never mind Mumbai

I can see who is crawling in this thread...so in Pakistan everybody familiar with....

Why are you so obsessed with fecal matter?

If you put a sewage line in this thread, Indians will crawl up it from the other end. I am sure you are familiar with the nocturnal habits of sewer rats?

Mumbai surpassing Shanghai? No.

Are you referring to this?

Descent into hell: Mumbai's dehumanised sewer workers

Why are you so obsessed with Mumbai and India

Because I find the culture and mentality fascinating.

Aint that just sad? Do you know why Indians infest Pakistani forums like this? Because the country they should be competing with ie China is decades ahead of them. No competition, so they come here and create a stink like that poor sap probably smells like.

That would explain a lot... I wasn't aware the Indians know they are decades behind China... I thought the Indians believe they are only five years behind at most.

That would explain a lot... I wasn't aware the Indians know they are decades behind China... I thought the Indians believe they are only five years behind at most.

According to the Indian President Kalam, India was a superpower in 2012.

And since China is still a developing country, that means India is decades ahead of us.

In fact it seems likely that China will never be a superpower (global hegemon) so maybe they are even centuries/millenia ahead of us.

Doesn't matter to me though, as long as China is continuing to develop I will be happy enough.

Because I find the culture and mentality fascinating.

Five years? LOL! If you ask an Indian they will tell you that they are way ahead of China. Pick the top twenty cities in China and then pick the top twenty cities in India. Google the images of both. The difference is clear. But then just look at the socio-economic indicators. They will tell you the rest of the story. Indians love to boast on Pakistani forums. I have yet to see them behave like this on a site that isnt Pakistani.

Five years? LOL! If you ask an Indian they will tell you that they are way ahead of China. Pick the top twenty cities in China and then pick the top twenty cities in India. Google the images of both. The difference is clear. But then just look at the socio-economic indicators. They will tell you the rest of the story. Indians love to boast on Pakistani forums. I have yet to see them behave like this on a site that isnt Pakistani.

I have noticed this as well. The mentality of some Indians is simply inexplicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom