What's new

Will India emerge energy powerhouse via shale gas?

Too good to be true.

But I will be the happiest if it were true. The Arabs can go shove themselves. :D

But another important thing - I dont think US will part with this critical technology as it will mean just less importance for the Dollar (which is now because of oil imports)

Keep finger crossed. With in few weeks our honorable PM Manmohan Singh is going to announce finding of shale gas and dedicate the reserve to the nation. :)

All the recent american efforts to increase Pakistan's role in Afghanistan and also accelerate their efforts to increase american influence in central-asian are inter-related with IRAN and keeping artificial dollar-empire alive by "force" is primary motive.

Thats a good reason. It is very much possible. US already controls most of the major oil producing countries except Russia and Iran.

But we still need pipelines and major gas field abroad.

Keep finger crossed. With in few weeks our honorable PM Manmohan Singh is going to announce finding of shale gas and dedicate the reserve to the nation. :)

That I am not disputing - I am asking whether US will part with the critical technology that may well unravel its Dollar Empire which is built on oil imports.

We are already in the trap of "convenience" and "complacency", just because we want "easy" growth based on imported technology and imported brains(foreign consultants in every sector) but we don't want "hard" and real growth of driving the economy ourselves, using our own brains and working our as*es off to pull back R&D and move fast on massive scale. The truth is, we common Indians are happy with this "easy" growth which gives us fast benefits(and same time enslaves the nation) but we don't want to work hard to be free and make our destiny ourselves.

History(of relying on foreign brains and technology) is here again? time will tell!!

Back
Top Bottom