What's new

Will declare Jihad to save Pakistan: Imran Khan

I'm sceptical, but if he can really disarm the terrorists, then he's got my allegiance, for now, I'll treat it like any other IK statement..............just another IK statement!

I'm sceptical, but if he can really disarm the terrorists, then he's got my allegiance, for now, I'll treat it like any other IK statement..............just another IK statement!

Either way we haven't the resources to continue on fighting ! And with the American withdrawal on the horizon any number of things could get the Afghan Taliban to actively support their Pakistani Counterparts. We need a non-military solution to this & we need it ASAP !

Don't they hate each other?

Probably not ! The TTP swear allegiance to Mullah Omar whether thats just for public consumption or whether its for real is something that Icarus can shed greater light on.

No military solution to resolve Kashmir issue
The PTI chief said that a military solution could not help resolve the Kashmir issue and said that as the Pakistani premier, he will take the peace initiative. “It can be resolved. I will work on a road map by making people from India, Pakistan and Kashmiris look for a solution by sitting on a table.”
He added, “India is using troops in Kashmir. They are losing the battle of heart and minds. It’s like treating cancer with dispirin.”

So he subscribes to the West's prescription of abandoning Kashmiris. India isn't giving out any freedoms without a fight.

Either way we haven't the resources to continue on fighting ! And with the American withdrawal on the horizon any number of things could get the Afghan Taliban to actively support their Pakistani Counterparts. We need a non-military solution to this & we need it ASAP !

I'm very certain the FC is now suitably equipped to hold their respective agencies against Taliban infiltration but if Kabul were to fall to the Taliban after the US withdrawal, then we will have some serious problems from the western border.

The PTI chief said that a military solution could not help resolve the Kashmir issue and said that as the Pakistani premier, he will take the peace initiative. “It can be resolved. I will work on a road map by making people from India, Pakistan and Kashmiris look for a solution by sitting on a table.”
He added, “India is using troops in Kashmir. They are losing the battle of heart and minds. It’s like treating cancer with dispirin.”

So he subscribes to the West's prescription of abandoning Kashmiris. India isn't giving out any freedoms without a fight.

If you guys truly loved Kashmiris and not Kashmir, you would give back the 1/3 you captured, so that the families could be reunited and live together.

There is really no other solution.

mostly terrorist outfits, in Punjab and KP are fathered by Army, so I think if a civilian leader is given a chance and not declared security risk the problem can be solved or marginalized...

I'm very certain the FC is now suitably equipped to hold their respective agencies against Taliban infiltration but if Kabul were to fall to the Taliban after the US withdrawal, then we will have some serious problems from the western border.

we are going to have that problem anyway, the border is now open for skirmish between pak army and afghan forces, with or without regime change.

Don't they hate each other?

Well that depends, for understanding the Taliban, you have to first treat the Taliban for what they are, a loose collection of independent militant groups. Some groups among this franchise support the TTP (Such as the Qari Zia ur Rehman Group in Nuristan and Kunnar) whereas others follow a "Don't ask, don't tell policy" (Such as the Haqqani Group in Wazirsitan, Khost and Patika) and there are some that reject the TTP in totality (Such as the Mullah Almanan Toor Jan Group in Kandahar/Helmand). So the answer to your question varies with the locations.

we are going to have that problem anyway, the border is now open for skirmish between pak army and afghan forces, with or without regime change.

Is that even a fair fight?

Wouldn't you overwhelm them? Pretty quickly?

mostly terrorist outfits, in Punjab and KP are fathered by Army, so I think if a civilian leader is given a chance and not declared security risk the problem can be solved or marginalized...

Proof? My friend, I am a civilian and COIN is my field. If the Army were harbouring terrorists. I would have known and the ISI would have acted upon it. This insinuation that the Army maintains terrorist groups anywhere is preposterous at best and has resulted in a dead end for a number of discussions between you and me.

The Afghan Army will not engage Pakistani forces without American Air Cover..........

Sir, thats probably how military minds and militant/extremists on both side of the border think, cause that how they are trained or brainwashed to think.

on the other hand, you have civilian rulers who believe in taking initiatives, but willingness on both sides is a must, indian nationalist would be the biggest hurdle...

I personally believe that it would take 1 generation to be trained that way to make this dream possible, but the policy should be decided today !!

Is that even a fair fight?

Wouldn't you overwhelm them? Pretty quickly?

The last recorded instance of a Pak-Afghan border skirmish was the Bajaur Invasion of 1962 when over 20,000 Afghan Soldiers invaded Bajaur with a plan to use it as a springboard for an invasion of the KPK province. The Afghan soldiers were defeated by tribal militias and had to flee in disarray. So yes.

Yes but who are they fighting?

Surely they are united under the banner of a common enemy?

Here's a chronology of common interests for these militant groups.

80s: Soviets
90s: Government of Afghanistan
2000s: America
2014+: ?

Back
Top Bottom