What's new

Wife's consent for man's second marriage not needed: Pakistan body

Dont judge Islamic laws based on american laws. Women are not free to do because we had no DNA test in past to find out who is the daddy of baby if women keep two husband at the same time.. second marriage was not for fun/sex either just like some Arab sheikh misuse this permission these days ..It was there to marry with widows whose husband got killed in wars and it was more like giving them security and taking the financial responsibilities of these women and their kids..Hijab is also for men not just for women. We don't believe that treating women as sex object is some sort of honor to them
Imposing is not honor. Just because someone wears revealing clothes it doesn't mean she is seen as a sex object. It's always the behavior that concerns.

Pakistan's constitutional body which gives legal advice to the government on religious issues has said a man does not need his wife's consent for a second marriage, prompting angry reactions on social media.
The Council of Islamic Ideology, known as CII, said the Pakistani laws regarding second marriage of a man in the presence of first wife were against religious principles. "Sharia allows men to have more than one wife and we demanded that the government should amend the law," Council's chairman Maulana Mohammad Khan Sheerani told reporters yesterday after a meeting on the issue.

Sheerani said seeking permission from one's wife before entering into another marriage is not necessary. The council met in Islamabad and analysed the existing family laws in Pakistan.

Sheerani said Islamic Sharia law does not require permission from a wife before a man enters into another marriage, while according to the Muslim Family Law 1961, permission from any existing wives is mandatory. He said this was contrary to Islamic Sharia law. "We urge the government to formulate Sharia-compliant laws related to nikah, divorce, adulthood and 'will'," Sheerani said.

Pakistani documentary maker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, whose film on acid attack victims won an Oscar in 2012, tweeted, "The council of Islamic ideology making us proud yet again! Wife's consent not needed for another marriage". Zahid Hussain, one of Pakistan's leading analysts, tweeted, "Seems the Taliban have already taken over. Wife's consent unnecessary for another marriage". Nilofer Afridi Qazi, an activist, tweeted, "CII disempowers women. Pak is just getting better & better.

Why not just drop the bomb on ourselves? save the hassle". Facebook was also buzzing with similar outbursts.

Wife's consent for man's second marriage not needed: Pakistan body | Deccan Chronicle

Indian news.... which body says it? as you mentioned in title?

Cool - Change the law but at little condition that Man looking for 2nd marriage should perform act on 2 Mullahs for one month to prove that he can do justice and than he should be allowed for 2nd marriage, for one looking for 3rd marriage do this exercise on 3 Mullahs and for 4th on 4 Mullahs - because as per Islam you can go for more wives only if you can do justice.

Mind of these retards is always stuck in sex and violence.

Indian news.... which body says it? as you mentioned in title?

Counsel of Islamic Ideology aka Islami Nazariati Council

Imposing is not honor. Just because someone wears revealing clothes it doesn't mean she is seen as a sex object. It's always the behavior that concerns.
I was not talking about clothes actually. Most of them feel freedom from clothes is real freedom for women. I was talking about objectification of women which is common in american society. Muslim women are always portray as oppressed even if they are happy in covering their head and body

Never heard of it, do they have legal position?

The Council of Islamic Ideology اسلامی نظریاتی کونسل is a constitutional body that advises the legislature whether or not a certain law is repugnant to Islam, namely to the Qur'an and Sunna. This website is designed to provide information about the activities of the Council.

:::Council Of Islamic Ideology|||Home:::

Last edited:
Why you are defending these retards, It's reported by DAWN as well.
I know polygamy is rare in our society and its not compulsory in Islam either but What are your understanding of this law?

Do Muslim men need consent/permission of first wife to go for second?

I think no women will give permission of second marrige even if her husband can do justice to all his wives..

This is not the reason, and reasons dosn't fit generally in modern world.
It was the time when one had many kids and one wo

Either you should agree that Islam can be interpreted as per current age and is flexible OR everything and interpretation of 7th century should be taken word by word. You can't jump from one position to other as per wish.

Either you should agree that Islam can be interpreted as per current age and is flexible OR everything and interpretation of 7th century should be taken word by word. You can't jump from one position to other as per wish.

I do not agree to it, neiter i look at any mullah as my religious guide, while i'm open to learn good things from a Jew too.
My first reference is Quran... if it is not mentioned there than i can be flexible... and follow humanity.

I was not talking about clothes actually. Most of them feel freedom from clothes is real freedom for women. I was talking about objectification of women which is common in american society. Muslim women are always portray as oppressed even if they are happy in covering their head and body
I agree about the objectification but do you think it doesn't happen in Muslim societies? For example one man marrying multiple women could be seen as objectification under any reason. I can post a documentary from Iran in which the Mullah himself talks about women as some sex objects to have fun and then dump. o_O

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom