What's new

Why would people from China, the world's second-biggest economy, risk their lives to enter the UK?

Yo, answer my questions above.

Singapore's currency depreciated against the USD because our major trading partners in the region devalued their currencies and our currency is pegged against a basket of their currencies.

I'm not an economist but I'm majoring in banking and finance, so I know my basics well and I know how financial system operate and why past financial crisis happen. It's much more complicated than that and you don't simply 'save' other economies by providing 'confidence'. It's a game of bluff in the financial markets. China's own currency will be at stake if they used their own reserves to defend the HK dollar and Chinese leaders aren't going to risk that.

If you want cite Taiwanese media, at least cite official news sources instead of political talk shows. They air here in Singapore's TV everyday and my family watch them for laughs LOL. Even the hosts themselves admitted that 'it's for entertainment' and not to take them seriously.

专访“榨菜哥”黄世聪:都知道台湾政论节目是娱乐啦
http://www.guancha.cn/huangshicong/2019_08_23_514957.shtml

榨菜哥 in the talk show you cited:

:lol::lol:

I'm not using 自媒体 to back my figures but to show that there are ordinary HKers sick of the mainland's bragging, just like I'm using China's 自媒体 above to show that they are indeed bragging and dramatizing.

You used Taiwanese talk show as a basis to substantiate facts and figures. I used facts and figures straight from the HKMA and other official news sources.

He said he marched for pro-China protests before:

Looks like he's also tired of the mainland's rhetoric and bragging.
作为一个经济学外行我可以瞎分析一下。尽管索罗斯的钱没有港府多,但是他的资金投向放到股市汇市里会有放大作用。而且能放大多少倍完全不可控。而且此前索罗斯对英国和东南亚国家的成功狙击已经让人闻风丧胆,他的名望足可以打击香港股汇市的信心。信心这东西对股票和汇率太重要了。这就使得放大作用得到了进一步的加强。所以香港政府对手里的外储是没有信心的,才会向中央政府求援。中央政府坚定的态度本身就是加强了香港股汇市的信心,起到了稳定人心的作用。港府没有动用到中央政府的外储,不代表中央的支持就没有作用。如果没有中央助阵撑场子,或许港府的外储就不够用了。

Let me get this right for you, I blame Hong Kong government, everyone blame Hong Kong government for the current Fiasco, and who's in charge of the Hong Kong government?

Of all the relevant party, only Chinese government blame other people, their government and their people, including you, blame the US and the UK for the current fiasco.

China let Hong Kong run themselves? That is probably the most laughable thing I have heard in years. Do you even know how much China have actually influenced Hong Kong both in term of Domestic Management and Foreign Business (No, I am not talking about Foreign Relation)

If China wanted to directly control Hong Kong, then Chinese government should not give 1C2S at the very first beginning, if you don't have a head to fit the hat, then don't wear the hat that didn't fit. China now try to roll back the promise, we don't like it, and then Chinese government blame us. LOL.
Why avoid the fact, CPC wanted to maintain Hongkongker and mainlander Chinese harmony by letting Hong konger ruled themselves. All those decision are made by hong konger and not CPC. When Dong JianHua wanted to do property reform, what the Hongkonger did? They raise their voice and ask him not to build any budget houses to protect middle class property asset.

Now you claim it's CPC fault? Did you Hongkonger ever raise voice and ask Hong Kong to be fully assimilated into mainland China system? Never.. then why now blame China for your plight?
The problem with you Hong konger is blame everybody except yourself.

It's quite stupid and naïve to say the west control the education system in Hong Kong, I have had all my articulation done in Hong Kong, I went across the board from Band 1 to Band 5 school. I can attested to that China is controlling the school, not the west.

To claim "Church" controlling the school is basically absurd, many Christian school are nothing but name only, it was inherit from the old colonial era, much like school using the term "English School" Using my old school as an example, the full name of my school was Mu Kuang English College, the English is a misnomer, as the primary language used to teach are in Chinese, not one subject are taught in English, funny enough, that included English....

School are pro-China these day, we have organise Anti-Japanese, Anti-US, Anti-whatever that was not in line with the Chinese policy.

I know that, I spend 18 years in Hong Kong Education System..
Really? Then how come majority young HKer hate China so much? Meanwhile majority young Chinese love China government so much? China has millions of students studying abroad.

Last edited:
Why would HK need to bet all of its foreign reserves? HK's reserves is 8x of it's monetary base, they can EASILY back 100% of their currency if they want.

Look, Singapore is able to fend off speculation with no external help and lend a helping hand to our neighbors even though we are barely half the size of HK at that time. HK is definitely able to defend their own currency if their authorities are willing to intervene. You think it's so easy to bring down a currency backed by the world's 3rd largest foreign reserves?
Man, don't waste your time. Some of my compatriots, sometimes, forget to take the meds...

Nevertheless, I'd say let's steer this conversation into something more serious. The point is HK sits on megatons of cash to pull itself out of any trouble they want. Nervelessness, they opt to not to do that, but moan out loud how evil China economically downtrods them...

Now the downtrodden rally around spoiled billionaire kid, and his bourgeois kin thinking if he will do something about their misery. The man has no background in civil governance, yet he points people here and there how they are supposed to live and run their city. What about spending some of his family hoard, and buying some apartments for the poor and downtrodden.

It would be a nice scenario for a comedy opera, if this was not happening for real

Really? Then how come majority young HKer hate China so much? Meanwhile majority young Chinese love China government so much? China has millions students studying abroad.

How many people actually Pro-Hong Kong? Majority of HKer hate China? You do know Pro-China people in HK out number Pro-Hong Kong people at least 3 to 1 right? And in terms of damage done by the "Protest" majority of those came from Pro-China anti-protest. But then why would you know that when you live in China?

You don't seems to know what kind of education one have in Hong Kong. That is quite naïve to begin with. Again, I have studied in Hong Kong for the last 18 years, how long have you stayed in Hong Kong before?

How many people actually Pro-Hong Kong? Majority of HKer hate China? You do know Pro-China people in HK out number Pro-Hong Kong people at least 3 to 1 right? And in terms of damage done by the "Protest" majority of those came from Pro-China anti-protest. But then why would you know that when you live in China?

You don't seems to know what kind of education one have in Hong Kong. That is quite naïve to begin with. Again, I have studied in Hong Kong for the last 18 years, how long have you stayed in Hong Kong before?
11.jpg

Why avoid the fact, CPC wanted to maintain Hongkongker and mainlander Chinese harmony by letting Hong konger ruled themselves. All those decision are made by hong konger and not CPC. When Dong JianHua wanted to do property reform, what the Hongkonger did? They raise their voice and ask him not to build any budget houses to protect middle class property asset.

Now you claim it's CPC fault? Did you Hongkonger ever raise voice and ask Hong Kong to be fully assimilated into mainland China system? Never.. then why now blame China for your plight?
The problem with you Hong konger is blame everybody except yourself.

lol, you know nothing.

The Tung Public hosing fiasco is before the Land Price increase, and guess who caused that increase? Mainland Chinese buyer. And what did the Chinese government do to curb this? Nothing, well, if you count relaxing China-Hong Kong financial rules so it is A LOT easier for the Mainlander to travel and borrow money in Hong Kong is doing something?

And you have to be quite naïve to think Hong Kong government make decision independent from Chinese Government. When the Chief Executive herself is appointed by the Chinese Government, Half of the Legco is chosen by the Chinese government. If they were indeed independent from Chinese Government, would we already have Political Reform already? LOL

As I said, I blame Hong Kong government for being so soft and being a walk over to the Chinese, you on the other hand, blame this fiasco on the British or America. That is what I said.

Last edited:

The support from HKers or Taiwanese is just ice on cake, but definitely not indispensable.

As long as the solidarity between the Mainland Chinese remains strong, CPC will simply remain unstoppable, whether you like it or not.

HKers and Taiwanese shouldn't overestimate their importance, and your disruption will only create more hostility from the Mainland Chinese, so don't blame us for viewing you as second class Chinese.

Being Pro-China and considering themselves as Chinese are two different things.

I was Pro-China, and I never consider myself as Chinese as I identify myself as Hong Konger . Many people are like me. So what?

The support from HKers or Taiwanese is just ice on cake, but definitely not indispensable.

As long as the solidarity between the Mainland Chinese remains strong, CPC will simply remain unstoppable, whether you like it or not.

HKers and Taiwanese shouldn't overestimate their importance, and your disruption will only create more hostility from the Mainland Chinese, so don't blame us for viewing you as second class Chinese.

Maybe you consider yourself second class Chinese, when you ran away to Canada? I don't, I don't care, I don't consider myself Chinese to begin with, how can I be second class Chinese when I don't consider myself as a Chinese to begin with?.

Which is what it should be, Hong Kong is Hong Kong, China is China, there is a reason why we have border control and 2 type of Passport between China and Hong Kong.

The Dung Public hosing fiasco is before the Land Price increase, and guess who caused that increase? Mainland Chinese buyer.
THEN BAN THEM if you don't like them. HK Government should do its job. The shit you are in is 100% HK indigenous invention, invariably of what Beijing appointed shits in Legco did.

And please seize Xi Yuanping's and Qi Qiaoqiao's apartments. China don't really need them

THEN BAN THEM if you don't like them. HK Government should do its job. The shit you are in is 100% HK indigenous invention, invariably of what Beijing appointed shits in Legco did.

And please seize Xi Yuanping's and Qi Qiaoqiao's apartments. China don't really need them

Ban what? We asked the Hong Kong government to ban Chinese buyer to buy apartment in Hong Kong, no one did anything, because of the CPC Elite want to earn money from flipping the real estate in Hong Kong. a 2.5 millions HK apartment in 2010 now worth 6.7 millions. That is a problem for normal HKer.

Hong Kong follow what Chinese Government told them to do, or you think they have a choice to do otherwise?

Maybe you consider yourself second class Chinese, when you ran away to Canada? I don't, I don't care, I don't consider myself Chinese to begin with, how can I be second class Chinese when I don't consider myself as a Chinese to begin with?.

Which is what it should be, Hong Kong is Hong Kong, China is China, there is a reason why we have border control and 2 type of Passport between China and Hong Kong.

What is the relevance of my living place?

China will prevail with or without you. This is the destiny for this world. Can you chance the destiny? If not, trying to do something meaningful instead of whining all day like a little girl, no one would pay attention on you.

Right. Young Chinese absolutely support Chinese government on the HK issue. The NBA incident was ignited by them.
Being Pro-China and considering themselves as Chinese are two different things.

I was Pro-China, and I never consider myself as Chinese as I identify myself as Hong Konger . Many people are like me. So what?

A good song for you 黄尸

What is the relevance of my living place?

China will prevail with or without you. This is the destiny for this world. Can you chance the destiny? If not, trying to do something meaningful instead of whining all day like a little girl, no one would pay attention on you.

Well, you bring the second class Chinese topic into the fray, I didn't and saying so must be some kind of inferior complex of you being overseas takes you. Again, if you are to lecture us "Second Class Citizen" should you be reporting back to China and be First Class Citizen first?

Looks who whine like a little girl. LOL

Right.

A good song for you 黄尸

A g00d song for you Blue 尸

The funny things is, I don't really believe in Hong Kong independent LOL

We only care about our sovereignty on HK, but not the HKers.

As I said before, the more HKers want to disrupt China's development, more reciprocal hostility will be resorted from the Mainland Chinese.

And it is also the time to purge those traitorous officials within CPC who hide their personal assets abroad in HK or western countries.

Back
Top Bottom