What's new

Why would China fight India?

naved_kam

I was addressing the following charge:

Name one country in the neighbourhood of China where they did not foment trouble.

Minor issue -- my family has root in Guatemala, my future generations will remind in the Americas. Also keep in mind that the Guatemalan government is one of the 22 nations that still consider ROC is the legit government of entire China.

your elders have created a miracle in China and I hope that as is mostly the case, your future generations do not wither away this hard work.

While people should not take any government action at face value, I agree with you with that wholeheartedly. But US has a closer relationship with both the JN and ROK, but it does not move a penny to save the Won. It is not the point that China's action is self-serving, of course it is, but the rather CH, ROK, and JP can work together in-light of all their historical bitterness to over come the current crisis.

I wish the Mexican and Guatemalan government can get their act together to solve their drug gang related violence

Xinhui my friend, my charge still stays. There is not single country in the neighbourhood of China where they have not fomented trouble with the ulterior objective of keeping these neighbours in a state of maximum possible Chaos. In fact, since that we have had a small discussion on the economic approach, let me also add that even the economic approach of China has been consistent with its geo-political approach and the insistence of China to continue with the currency peg which in turn cotinues to unfairly harm other economies in the region as they all strive for similar competencies corroborates this arguement.

Re the non-acceptance of PRC by the Gautemala government, I see no merit in that approach. It is a reality staring in the face of the world and PRC and ROC are two different countries and should be recognized as such.

Re the lack of initiative on part of the U.S to salvage the Korean Won, they won't mind this scenario in fact. It is more damaging to China in the short as well as the long term. Won stabilising at lower levels will not be a permanant factor for Korea. In fact, it will appreicate again overtime, but that period will thin the robust competitive effect of the Chinese exports. You see, Korea is not a primary economy where the effects of such adverse exchange scenario will have a lasting impact. But this short term scenario might take out the steam from the Chinese businesses especially considering the high debt ratios that they now suffer from, owing to the sluggish demand and economic crisis over the recent past. So the U.S knows that China will move in to prevent that from happening.....

Yes, China claim land from every country that touches its border.
Even tiny Bhutan is not spared.
e9426d9dc4be78a44b5b0f6ec3871811.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/ROC_Administrative_and_Claims.jpg

that is not china,but POC. it do not exist untill 1949.
even POC agreed Mongolia.
Roosevelt not support Chiang Kai-shek anymore . from Stalin's pressure. On August 14, 1945, POC and the Soviet Union signed the "Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship and Alliance", in the treaty formally acknowledged the "Mongolian People's Republic." Such a huge price, and finally the Soviet Union in return for sending troops to northeastern China.
after Chiang Kai-shek went to taiwan. Declared that "the Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship and Alliance" failure, which does not recognize the independence of Outer Mongolia. The United Nations acknowledge that. This is so far in the territory of the Republic of China on Taiwan, including the legal basis for Mongolia.
read more,my friends.:cheers:

naved_kam

I am sorry, I don't buy argument, lets agree to this disagree at this point.

... Worse, the idiotic general named China and Pakistan. He should at least say that India would counter simutaneous attacks from two or more countries but DO NOT NAME the countries and do not talk about how India is going to penetrate deep into these countries in 96 hours. As you said, all countries would seek to protect their own countres.

What he said can only be interpret as two different meanings

1) This general has no tact and that India military command is out of control for someone to make such an outrageous statement. However, what he said is not the most shocking. What surpr ised me the most if how many Indian members defended him by saying "he said only if India is attacked" and ignoring the inflammatory remarks about how India would destroy China and Pakistan in 96 hours.

2) This sabre rattling is a planned interview by the government of India to show that India will take offensive steps against China and Pakistan simutaneously. I'm glad that Taiwanese leaders are not bonehead like this India general because given the tension between China and Taiwan, talking so much by Taiwan would create more serious issues between Taiwan, China and the US.

LOL.

Well said bro!

This is a typical Indian general, and this is typical Indian democracy, if you will.

Taiwanese politicians, foolish may they look sometimes, still 1000 times smarter than this foolhardy general.

A laughing stock for the spectators. :lol:

that is not china,but POC. it do not exist untill 1949.
even POC agreed Mongolia.
Roosevelt not support Chiang Kai-shek anymore . from Stalin's pressure. On August 14, 1945, POC and the Soviet Union signed the "Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship and Alliance", in the treaty formally acknowledged the "Mongolian People's Republic." Such a huge price, and finally the Soviet Union in return for sending troops to northeastern China.
after Chiang Kai-shek went to taiwan. Declared that "the Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship and Alliance" failure, which does not recognize the independence of Outer Mongolia. The United Nations acknowledge that. This is so far in the territory of the Republic of China on Taiwan, including the legal basis for Mongolia.
read more,my friends.:cheers:

All India, Mongolia an South Korea are full of ingratitude.

China (before 1949) support Korean government on-exile (established in Chinese territory) against Japan, now some Korean ultra-nationalists claim Manchuria is theirs!

ROC didn't admit Mongolia independence, but PRC admitted this. Now Mongolia does many anti-China things to cater for USA and Jap.

China support India independence from UK, but India support Tibetan rebels against us!

And this is where I have most of my confusion. I work everyday with Pakistanis and Chinese, and i have such good friends in them. Each have their own peculiarites. As for China, the only issue we have if ever is the border. Question to China, did we ever invade you or take your land ? no ! So why are you disputing with us. Demographics must have changed centuries ago, that doesnt justify any Chinese claims. 100 years from now will India have the right to claim back Pakistan or Bangla Desh. Of course not, unless there is a dramatic change in the eco / politico and religious scenario.China is already such a large country, why does it have border dispute with so many countries. Just by increasing your borders does it really add to you. I suggest greater wisdom should prevail with China (especially) being the bigger and the stronger. China / India partnership is what will defend the old and ancient cultures of the East

lol an india telling china how to solve border disputes????????
for yr infos we already solved all of our border issues except de one with india......where as u solve non of yr border disputes
sick and tired of typical indians attitude they never blame themself except others for their own faults
:pakistan::china:

Why would the Chinese government want over a billion Indians enjoying China's success?

We don't want India to be enemy of China.

But Indian want China to be enemy of India.

We Chinese never support Kashmir insurgents, but Indian support Tibet rebels!

We don't want India to be enemy of China.

But Indian want China to be enemy of India.

We Chinese never support Kashmir insurgents, but Indian support Tibet rebels!

what have you been eating this morning ?

Your questions has been answered atleast a million times in this forum..

show me some tini wini ounce of proof that India is supporting Tibetan Rebels. Are the Tibetan Rebels those poor monks ?

Hi I have been reading the forum for a while. The last thread of China/India war in October is kind of strange.

China is much much bigger country than India in terms of land, economy, and military might. It won't be a fair fight.

Plus, there is NOTHING in India worth bombing. The state of India is a complete joke. Their GDP is probably 1/10 of the official figure. Nuking Mumbai would be nothing more than a free slum-clearing service. I honestly don't know any Indian city that is modern and comfortable. China, on the other hand, is much more advanced in infrastructure and quality of life. Taking a bomb in major cities like Shenzhen, Chengdu, etc will be too costly.

Exactly the contrary. India cannot fudge figures like China can. China has fudged figures even in fishing output in the last two decades clearly suggesting how easy it is for the PRC.

Indian economy on the other hand has less than 10% people in the tax paying bracket and the Industrial out put is one of the well represented figures and the agrarian economy in to a large extent under represented. Making a claim of figure fudging by India is like thief calling his neighbor a thief quite literally.

I am not shooting without thinking. Here are the references.

1. With suspicious statistics, China obscures economy - Washington Times

2. China's GDP Surges: But Can We Believe It? -- Seeking Alpha

3. China's 8.9% Growth? No Way - Forbes.com

These are not some unknown source. They are from Forbes, Washington Post and alpha
:cheers:

naved_kam

I was addressing the following charge:

Minor issue -- my family has root in Guatemala, my future generations will remind in the Americas. Also keep in mind that the Guatemalan government is one of the 22 nations that still consider ROC is the legit government of entire China.

While people should not take any government action at face value, I agree with you with that wholeheartedly. But US has a closer relationship with both the JN and ROK, but it does not move a penny to save the Won. It is not the point that China's action is self-serving, of course it is, but the rather CH, ROK, and JP can work together in-light of all their historical bitterness to over come the current crisis.

I wish the Mexican and Guatemalan government can get their act together to solve their drug gang related violence

the reason why USA cannot help ROK was because,,,,its own economy was tumbling.....how did you expect them to help....

what we need to do:

solve the border issue first

Borders got little to do with trade and industry. Nothing grows on the border that can fill human stomachs or grow bank balances.
Both Governments have become wiser and are concentrating on more important things.

Exactly the contrary. India cannot fudge figures like China can. China has fudged figures even in fishing output in the last two decades clearly suggesting how easy it is for the PRC.

BS!

India's corruption can fudge anything beyond your thick skull! Yet no one cares about it because India is nobody.

On the contrary, China is in the centre of world spotlight. What China fudged? Do you have any idea on how numbers are reported and perceived in world financial markets? Do you have faintest clue on how many hundreds, if not thousands, of renouned Western economists, being from financial institutions, IMF or Worldbank, along with tons of hedge/mutural fund managers, analysts, traders and independent economic thinktanks in and outsite China follow and analyse the China's, World's second largest economy's, montly/quaterely/yearly figures critically on a daily basis? let alone many of whom are living in China proper?

Regardless what China says, the world stock markets verify and reconfirm it. So save your idiotic claims for yourself please.

Indian economy on the other hand has less than 10% people in the tax paying bracket and the Industrial out put is one of the well represented figures and the agrarian economy in to a large extent under represented. Making a claim of figure fudging by India is like thief calling his neighbor a thief quite literally.

Being a soon-to-be Ph.D in Economics myself from a world renouned university based in London, and having looking into the details of economic data released by India Govt, I have no doubt in my mind that either India is cooking its figures, or its economic structure being severaly screwed thus isn´t able to sustain its current growth for a prolonged period of time, or mostly likely both.

You want know why? There´re seveal key reasons which I will skip here, since you´re not educated enough to understand them yet.

I am not shooting without thinking. Here are the references.

1. With suspicious statistics, China obscures economy - Washington Times

BS!

Washington Times ( it ought to be Washington Post, Jose!) is nicknamed as Times of Tel Aviv. The said article quoted an unknown professor of Univerity of Pittsburgh , an absolutely Mr. Nobody, alongwith Gordon Chang as `evidences´ :rofl::rofl:

BS!

Again, it´s an article from another Mr. Nobody, an unknown `self-taught private investor` according to his CV, :rofl: from a BLOG. :rofl:

BS!

Gordon Chang, again?What is wrong with you? :rofl: it´s like when we talk about US millitary evaluation or capabilities of PLA strategic missile systems, you quoted Dalai Lama, or an unknwon Taliban Lieutenent as a trusted source :rofl:

These are not some unknown source. They are from Forbes, Washington Post and alpha

I know that. From what kind of sources and persons you are quoting, I can clearly see that you are an economics illiterate (sorry, but you are) trying to talk about economics. Please exucse me for telling it to your face. :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom