What's new

Why Western criticism of India’s Mars mission is blatant racism

^^ where is that British member who sued to spew venom against other members on Falklands related thread?

Calling @Always Neutral and other britishers: This thread has too much Brit bashing, so we need a few Brits to even things.

BTW it is unfortunate that while condemning racism from the west, many members here are indulging in exactly the same thing, denigrating entire nations or continents or even hemisphere. By all means, point out the moral bankruptcy of people who belittle our achievements - but in doing so, don't spew venom against entire groups of people, whether by race or nationality.

Britain may not be an empire that rules the world any more, and her military significance on the world stage may be nil - but it is still a peaceful, prosperous and developed country where people of several races and national origins live and work, including Indians and chinese. By and large, they are no more racist than anybody else, far from it. Columnists and readers of trash like 'Daily mail' notwistanding.

Last edited:
Don't know why iam doing this :) More Brits please :)

as5k.jpg

mf0r.jpg

kdcq.jpg

In that case what do Indians deserve, after what has been said by some Indians on this thread?
we are not writing articles on bbc website or daily mail newspaper

we are not writing articles on bbc website or daily mail newspaper

Neither are "they", if you mean the whole country. A few columnists are. And whether you write for a newspaper or on PDF, what difference does it make? It exposes your mentality, does it not? If you are not writing for the BBC, it just means that you are not qualified to write for BBC; but you are displaying your bigotry on the website that lets you express yourself.

Also, please note that BBC has NOT questioned India's space program or displayed any racism in its coverage, which has been very informative and balanced. At most, they have quoted an Indian commentator or two who have stupidly linked poverty with it, and then they have quoted sevral more people who have justified it. And all this while giving more technical details than most Indian media houses. Extremely good and professional journalism from them.

Please don't make accusations unless you have actually followed their coverage.

BBC News - How the Mars mission helps India

Calling @Always Neutral and other britishers: This thread has too much Brit bashing, so we need a few Brits to even things.
BTW it is unfortunate that while condemning racism from the west, many members here are indulging in exactly the same thing, denigrating entire nations or continents or even hemisphere. By all means, point out the moral bankruptcy of people who belittle our achievements - but in doing so, don't spew venom against entire groups of people, whether by race or nationality.

Britain may not be an empire that rules the world any more, and her military significance on the world stage may be nil - but it is still a peaceful, prosperous and developed country where people of several races and national origins live and work, including Indians and chinese. By and large, they are no more racist than anybody else, far from it. Columnists and readers of trash like 'Daily mail' notwistanding.

LOL, what a cheerleader. :lol:

I'm sure they can defend themselves just fine without your "help".

And for the record, we don't "hate" the West.

Nor do we have a problem with Western people, as individuals or in groups. Some of my own friends are Westerners who are working or studying in Hong Kong.

Nobody here is saying that all Western people believe in the same thing, or even that all Western news publications believe in the same thing. Some will obviously carry different opinions, which is so obvious I'm surprised that anyone would have to point it out.

Neither are "they", if you mean the whole country.

A few columnists are.

Why do you have to assume that people are generalising a whole country when their posts do not even suggest that?

Last edited:
LOL, what a cheerleader. :lol:

I'm sure they can defend themselves just fine without your "help".

And for the record, we don't "hate" the West.

Nor do we have a problem with Western people, as individuals or in groups. Some of my own friends are Westerners who are working or studying in Hong Kong.

I am here as an individual member, not representing any team, so I don't view it as me helping "them". I saw blatantly vile comments against a nation (two, if you include a few comments about the US), and I felt like I should point it out. This is not a cricket match, that I should take sides and cheer for the side I picked. My intention is not to help them defend themselves - they dont even need to, because this is not a law court either, just like it is not a sports match.

Pointing out bigotry by some Indians (I said "some" in my original post as well) does not mean that I am a cheerleader for anybody. I am expressing my views in my individual capacity, not as the spokesperson for any country. 
Nobody here is saying that all Western people believe in the same thing, or even that all Western news publications believe in the same thing. Some will obviously carry different opinions, which is so obvious I'm surprised that anyone would have to point it out.

Why do you have to assume that people are generalising a whole country when their posts do not even suggest that?

And there you are factually wrong. Yes, many members here were denigrating Britain as a whole. I could quote those comments, but I prefer not to; you only hav to go through this thread to know that. Many vile comments were made at Britain as a country. It was not my assumption, but the plain reality.

I am here as an individual member, not representing any team, so I don't view it as me helping "them". I saw blatantly vile comments against a nation (two, if you include a few comments about the US), and I felt like I should point it out. This is not a cricket match, that I should take sides and cheer for the side I picked. My intention is not to help them defend themselves - they dont even need to, because this is not a law court either, just like it is not a sports match.

Pointing out bigotry by some Indians (I said "some" in my original post as well) does not mean that I am a cheerleader for anybody. I am expressing my views in my individual capacity, not as the spokesperson for any country. 

And there you are factually wrong. Yes, many members here were denigrating Britain as a whole. I could quote those comments, but I prefer not to; you only hav to go through this thread to know that. Many vile comments were made at Britain as a country. It was not my assumption, but the plain reality.

just read the comment section of bbc and daily mail and then come back and defend british

i openly critisize them,,,do what u can

just read the comment section of bbc and daily mail and then come back and defend british

It isn't any worse than some comments here. And as I said, I am not defending anybody, and they sure don't need to be defended. I am making an observation about the behavior of some members here.

It isn't any worse than some comments here. And as I said, I am not defending anybody, and they sure don't need to be defended. I am making an observation about the behavior of some members here.
are we making mockery of britain here??no
did we use words like

slum dogs
rape capital
poor country
foolish indians
indians wasting our aid
no toilets in india
malnourished children

no we didn't
so why are u defending them when clearly they overstepped the line.

BTW, "criticize" and name-calling are different things. You are dignifying some of thosse posts by calling it criticism, which is an intellectual activity. Saying "British are fuckers" or "British are assholes" is not informed criticism but juvenile name calling. That would be true EVEN IF the statements are true - even if they are fuckers and assholes, calling them as such is not criticism, but name calling.

So please don't dignify that behavior by terming it criticism. 
are we making mockery of britain here??no
did we use words like

slum dogs
rape capital
poor country
foolish indians
indians wasting our aid
no toilets in india
malnourished children

no we didn't
so why are u defending them when clearly they overstepped the line.

You said british are fuckers and assholes. Conveniently forgot that, eh?

Most Europeans and especially Brits have these issue, i dont see US having the same with us..
It's true, many Americans applaud India's endeavours in this field. And this make me think that there is an element of envy and a colonial hang up at play here. You simply won't see such remarks coming from the Yanks or the French or Russians but you hear it time and again from the Brits.

BTW, "criticize" and name-calling are different things. You are dignifying some of thosse posts by calling it criticism, which is an intellectual activity. Saying "British are fuckers" or "British are assholes" is not informed criticism but juvenile name calling. That would be true EVEN IF the statements are true - even if they are fuckers and assholes, calling them as such is not criticism, but name calling.

So please don't dignify that behavior by terming it criticism. 

You said british are fuckers and assholes. Conveniently forgot that, eh?

what is ur problem dude??
how can u side with ur former coloniser that ruled us and treated like dogs for 200 years,,,killed thousands of our ppl??

if u can good for u,but don't except this civility from me for a former coloniser

Back
Top Bottom