What's new

Why Western criticism of India’s Mars mission is blatant racism

fore doing anything?
Apparently the other countries engaging in scientific research face no poverty. Apparently, space has something to do with poverty. Apparently, it is between funding Isro and solving poverty. You cannot do both. No sir, no. Next time, when you write about something that Britain did well, sure to remember to randomly incorporate the poverty of Birmingham and the riots of London into the title.
What do you expect from the West? Does anyone actually believe they look at non-Western developing countries as equal to themselves in any way?

Actually it's not even the west- the only accomplishment any one in britain or australia ever acknowledge is that of US. If, say, Romania sent a space craft to mars, they'll run them down. I don't think this is entirely US's fault. It's just that Brits, Aussies etc. are so used to boot licking the US, it's an instinctive reaction- like Pavlov's dogs.

Yup but the problem is that they distort our image in world and it gets very hard for us specially to sell them to others as others just see our products as cheap third class material
Quoting a dialogue from a Hindi Movie ("The Dirty picture), ' Duniya Saaman dekhti hai Duukan nahin..."

You know they may try to belittle JF 17 or other Chinese designed aircrafts but at the same time everyone is comfortable buying their latest smartphone/ laptop/camera.... which incidentally would also have been Made in China. this is called hypocrisy and even though some may find false comfort in its shadow, the thing doesn't last for long.
Once you create a niche for yourself, everyone starts respecting that. Just look at the Indian IT sector.
I'm sure times will change soon.:cheers:

The border dispute can be solved if we both made our concession.

Now China has much more important task to do, which is to overthrow the western prejudice that has dominated our planet for two centuries.

Well china m
It is clear that he congratulated. Kennedy said that "the Russian beat us at the school desk."
But the newspapers wrote articles were not happy - there was an atmosphere of general discouragement and frustration.
I am sure that some noble people were happy - but how many of them in America? The others were severely disappointed.
Man on Moon, Mars, Venus - it is all secondary.
Only Gagarin will remembered through thousands and may be millions years. He was FIRST.
By the way - the head of the U.S. missile program was von Braun - Nazi.

Ask a person who were the Invenors of the First plane
Wright Brothers
Know one will no who invented the first Supersonic plane,1st Biplane

Same thing with space

arreh bhai we're not English or French , as I mentioned Asians (especially south asians) are more aggressive natured people. A final solution to Kashmir will end this all. If a solution is not done both the nation will have grudges against each other.

Do you knw why Indians consider China above Pakistanis is because not a single bullet have been fired by both the countrymen. China doesn't break rules like we both BSF and Rangers do DAILY! also China is a peace loving country they don't give a jack to Arunachal Pradesh. Period.
Then what happened in Daulat Baig some months ago where they had came 20km inside indian territory and started building camps? Look im trying to make a point that no country compromises on her National interests no matter if they r strong or weak or big or small.

Dude we r not as emotionally retard as the westerners r its our media who gets funded and has corporational interests and makes this mentality in the general public. U dont see CNN, BBC sensationalizing American domestic affairs for their differences do we? When their singer Rihanna was kicked on her *** by her BF chris brown and she was invited in Larry King Show they were showing a ticker that had written in it that 1 out of 4 american women face domestic abuse!!!! After that show that ticker never appeared again. Do u even know in America after every 20 seconds a women is raped but when same happens in India where rape rate is just peanut viz a viz them ie 4 in every day they write it in their headlines and label Dehli as the ''Rape Capital of the World''

What is this bullshit!!!

Imagine if in Pak or India 1 out of 4 women were domestically abused or there was a rape after every 20 seconds then leave them aside even how much our own media had reported that?Yr media is too keen to show a model's wardrobe slipping clips again and again then talking and educating people abt common good...And same way our express tribune is always keen to show that mother of all sluts Veena Malik is kissing some director in India and other bullshit. These things which in real life has no value make headline here but no one talks abt common good.

These media personal and politicians r the reason why we r so emotionally retarded nations who even cant ignore their peanut size disputes for common good when the other nations where millions of jews were killed r today's best friend Israel and Germany.

Last edited:
Quoting a dialogue from a Hindi Movie ("The Dirty picture), ' Duniya Saaman dekhti hai Duukan nahin..."

You know they may try to belittle JF 17 or other Chinese designed aircrafts but at the same time everyone is comfortable buying their latest smartphone/ laptop/camera.... which incidentally would also have been Made in China. this is called hypocrisy and even though some may find false comfort in its shadow, the thing doesn't last for long.
Once you create a niche for yourself, everyone starts respecting that. Just look at the Indian IT sector.
I'm sure times will change soon.:cheers:

nice points lion ajit!!

The author is right- it is blatant racism and envy. Let me tell you as a Brit, the British people see India's rise in contrast to the UK's decline and it really, really irks them. They merely see India as the land of curry and as a former colony- not as an emerging power. Every time India achieves something these fools are so quick to point out all of India's issues- it's so predictable.

You know I have an insight here. When I was in college, my courses in Post COlonial literature indicated that countries were trying to reconcile their colonial experiences through literary work. Books like 'Empire Writes Back' comes to mind. I think the british had been lulled into a sense of complecancy by believing that what the colonies would do is engage in cultural activities of this sort, while britain's own position would remain somewhat securely dominant (like with australia), becuase according to them colonialism was more than just a 'narrative'- that the brits did bring a superior kind of administration and thinking to the colonies.

I think India was a disruption of this. We spent a lot less time 'writing' colonialism out and instead have had a brash and aggressive ambitions of our own. We think we're better and more capable than at least the brits. That we are more powerdul than them (militarily), more capable than them (scientifically) and are destined to have them below us. Most Indian students, especially the top 100 rankers in JEE would prefer to dump Oxford/ Cambridge and go to IITs. So even in education we don't look at them the way other colonies would at them (a pakistani considers oxford his first choice if he gets it I guess). This kind of a massive disruption is something they have never experienced before and so they don't know how to deal with it.

Last edited:
You know I have an insight here. When I was in college, my courses in Post COlonial literature indicated that countries were trying to reconcile their colonial experiences through literary work. Books like 'Empire Writes Back' comes to mind. I think the british had been lulled into a sense of complecancy by believing that what the colonies would do is engage in cultural activities of this sort, while britain's own position would remain somewhat securely dominant (like with australia), becuase colonialism was more than just a 'narrative'- that the brits did bring a superior kind of administration and thinking to the colonies.

I think India was a disruption of this. We spent a lot less time 'writing' colonialism out and instead have had a brash and aggressive ambitions of our own. We think we're better and more capable than at least the brits. That we are more powerdul than them (militarily), more capable than them (scientifically) and are destined to have them below us. Most Indian students, especially the top 100 rankers in JEE would prefer to dump Oxford/ Cambridge and go to IITs. So even in education we don't look at them the way other colonies would at them (a pakistani considers oxford his first choice if he gets it I guess). This kind of a massive disruption is something they have never experienced before and so they don't know how to deal with it.

totally correct

although u parrot congress narrative here,,this post was well written

I would prefer any country other than USA(in alliance). They are selfish arsehole(and I am being decent). They will milk you dry and then drop you right away. Korea/Taiwan/Vietnam/Cuba/Afghanistan/Iraq...

I can trust just about anybody but not USA. That said there should be good relations with them. Superpower after all. Hell we can even be cosy. But only and only for our narrow interests.(and not for some silly save the world thing)

Then what happened in Daulat Baig some months ago where they had came 20km inside indian territory and started building camps?

Dude we r not as emotionally retard as the westerners r its our media who gets funded and has corporational interests and makes this mentality in the general public. U dont see CNN, BBC sensationalizing American domestic affairs for their differences do we? When their singer Rihanna was kicked on her *** by her BF chris brown and she as invited in Larry King Show they were showing a ticker that had written in it that 1 out of 4 american women face domestic abuse!!!! After that show that ticker never appeared again. Do u even know in America after every 20 seconds a women is raped but when same happens in India where rape rate is just peanut viz a viz them ie 4 in every day they write it in their headlines and label Dehli as the ''Rape Capital of the World''

What is this bullshit!!!

Imagine if in Pak or India 1 out of 4 women were domestically abused or there was a rape after every 20 seconds then leave them aside even how much our own media had reported that?Yr media is too keen to show a model's wardrobe slipping clips again and again then talking and educating people common good...And same way our express tribune is always keen to show that mother of all sluts Veena Malik is kissing some director in India and other bullshit. These things which in real life has no value make headline here but no one talks abt common good.

These media personal and politicians r the reason why we r so emotionally retarded nations who even cant ignore their peanut size disputes for common good when the other nations where millions of jews were killed r today's best friend Israel and Germany.
I've soo many Muslim friends and still Hindus are targeted saying they dislike Muslims, they want to kill them and bla bla bla.

India-Pakistan-China is one block which needs to have peace. China-Pakistan already have excellent relations. I remember when India tested 'agni-V' news channels were flooded like "China killer" "China should should worry" and loads of crap. Media is hampering everything.

I've soo many Muslim friends and still Hindus are targeted saying they dislike Muslims, they want to kill them and bla bla bla.

India-Pakistan-China is one block which needs to have peace. China-Pakistan already have excellent relations. I remember when India tested 'agni-V' news channels were flooded like "China killer" "China should should worry" and loads of crap. Media is hampering everything.
And have u seen these same media personal who were warmongering when something happens in LOC or Agni tests ever talking about how much can we achieve from working together for common good?

Certainly no nor have i seen....Thats how they make the public retarded by showing only one sided picture of the reality. The most alarming thing is that the youth r the ones who r brainwashed most in such scenario as no matter how intelligent they maybe still in the end of the day they r kids and will believe that will be told to them. And then this Youth is our Future as they will join offices in near future and people from them will be planners, Analysts, Politicians, Bureaucrats, CEOs of Multi Nationals etc etc

What we need to do is to spread the truth and broader vision for common good to the people we know and younger generations atleast as being educated people and citizens of our respective Nations its our National Duty.

Last edited:
And have u seen these same media personal who were warmongering when something happens in LOC or Agni tests ever talking about how much can we achieve from working together for common good?

Certainly no nor have i seen....Thats how they make the public retarded by showing only one side picture of the reality. The most alarming thing is that the youth r the ones who r brainwashed most in such scenario as no matter how intelligent they maybe still in the end of the day they r kids and will believe that will be told to them. And then this Youth is our Future as they will join offices in near future and people from them will be planners, Analysts, Positions, Bureaucrats, CEOs of Multi Nationals etc etc

What we need to do is to spread the truth and broader vision for common good to the people we know and younger generations atleast as being educated people and citizens of our respective Nations its our National Duty.
Agree and very correct point of view. :cheers:

Certainly no nor have i seen....Thats how they make the public retarded by showing only one side picture of the reality. The most alarming thing is that the youth r the ones who r brainwashed most in such scenario as no matter how intelligent they maybe still in the end of the day they r kids and will believe that will be told to them. And then this Youth is our Future as they will join offices in near future and people from them will be planners, Analysts, Positions, Bureaucrats, CEOs of Multi Nationals etc etc

see i will put matters in perspective

1)kashmir solution possible is only accepting the loc.........nothing else will happen

2)india will never give up kashmir as water flows through it and its an asset,no doubt

3)media reports on india stopping water is patently false as india has even won a case in international court

4)the main danger from pakistan is wahabbi islam ideology and taliban mindset which is widespread in pakistan tribal areas ans parts of punjab.india has 20 crore muslims so obviously worried about any fallout that may happen

5)pakistan made a mistake by being an islamic country and zia ul haq's rule led to increasing religious hatred in pakistan.

6)india too has its share of problems

the only way forward is to seperate religion from politics

After going through this thread i am feeling a very pleasant change, All the pakistani, Chinese and indian members are almost 90% on one page, keep it up.
Thing is we all know what the West is like. Mirchi lagi hain unko :omghaha: Remember when India and Pakistan exploded nuclear bombs? Their clique got so worried - it was like - "Shyte, we can't play with these babies directly now..." and must have made a poker face.....
What we do is some petty fighting...but then we are aware what the USA and the West do - Exporting democracy, World Wars etc...

Actually deep down Indians like it if China is doing something awesome(especially if the Brits get angry). But then it also hurts if she does it better than India :ashamed: But a healthy competition is cool.

Back
Top Bottom