What's new

Why was Turkey the first Islamic country to recognize the state of Israel?

Since, i'm not a religion or a state, it would be wrong to define me as secular or not.
It's the people who makes the country, nation isn't a machine which drives in its own... always remember

I already said I am not an Indian by ethnicity.

I most probably a mixture of Punjabi-Pathan marriages.

Only reason my grand parents lived in British Raj was because of the opportunities and business prospects.

I just wanted to state out its not important we are all brothers

He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men.
  • Quoted in Atatürk: The Biography of the founder of Modern Turkey, by Andrew Mango; "In a book published in 1928, Grace Ellison quotes [Atatürk], presumably in 1926-27", Grace Ellison Turkey Today (London: Hutchinson, 1928)
Religion is an important institution. A nation without religion cannot survive. Yet it is also very important to note that religion is a link between Allah and the individual believer. The brokerage of the pious cannot be permitted. Those who use religion for their own benefit are detestable. We are against such a situation and will not allow it. Those who use religion in such a manner have fooled our people; it is against just such people that we have fought and will continue to fight. Know that whatever conforms to reason, logic, and the advantages and needs of our people conforms equally to Islam. If our religion did not conform to reason and logic, it would not be the perfect religion, the final religion.
  • As quoted in Kemalizm, Laiklik ve Demokrasi [Kemalism, Laicism and Democracy] (1994) by Ahmet Taner Kışlalı
I think, Atatürk's own words answers your question.

Hmmm..... that's an interesting statement. I think I will take some time to read more about this man and his deeds. I find the quotes you mentioned quite interesting, since it seems the middle East/Islamic countries are struggling with what he mentioned above. This can be seen on here by the number of members who come from Muslim countries(most of them non-turks), who view Atatürk quite negatively and even call him names(western puppet , Zionist etc etc) because he wasn't Islamic enough for their liking . This is also something I find interesting and puzzling. Reason I asked if many Turks also share this view.

There are a few people I offer to buy beer for . @T-123456 @xenon54 @EgyptianAmerican If you are ever in Brisbane I will buy you guys a beer or two .

Hear hear.. Next call will be on me

Isn't it funny that the few people who have issues with Turkey being a secular republic are Pakistanis holed up in some of the most secular countries in the West ? :lol:

To be fair the Indians are to some degree similarily afflicted - although the defeatism is not as acute because they were already being ruled by Moghul/Turkic/Afghan dynasties and the British era actually freed them from Muslim rule. However they are still conflicted - less so then Pakistanis though. The scars of defeat are manifested in all manner of things.

Indian PM. Do you notice his dress?

25modi-style1.jpg

Mate kudos on how you keep making sense of it all in the midst of so much mediocrity in this forum.. You and a few others i follow with diligence.. Please continue :tup:

Turkey was a secular country, not islamic. Which means they couldn't care less about muslim/jew arab/israeli disputes.

Turkey was a secular country, not islamic. Which means they couldn't care less about muslim/jew arab/israeli disputes.
Turkey was defeated.
These are all excuses, they are still Muslim majority country. Brits tore Ottomans apart with the aid of Sheikhs around Persian gulf. Eventually the occupation of Palestine took place after a long time that Turkey was pushed away from Islamic ideology and weakened by west. Despite Nasser's efforts, Arabs were also defeated. In fact Turkey had to accept it, there was no way around left for them. but Turkey of today is stronger and has Russia and Iran, can eat her words about Israel. It's just a possibility, @HAKIKAT is there any hope?

Turkey was defeated.
These are all excuses, they are still Muslim majority country. Brits tore Ottomans apart with the aid of Sheikhs around Persian gulf. Eventually the occupation of Palestine took place after a long time that Turkey was pushed away from Islamic ideology and weakened by west. Despite Nasser's efforts, Arabs were also defeated. In fact Turkey had to accept it, there was no way around left for them. but Turkey of today is stronger and has Russia and Iran, can eat her words about Israel. It's just a possibility, @HAKIKAT is there any hope?

Erdogan chanting some pro islamic words and giving pro islamic speeches here and there to gather local and international support from muslims, doesn't mean anything.

Remind me how you are going to tell 70 million+ people that they will no longer be able to enjoy the freedom they have today and that they must live under strict islamic rule?

Why should the Turkish people give up their freedom and benefits? Why should Turkey switch sides?

Last edited:
Erdogan chanting some pro islamic words and giving pro islamic speeches here and there to gather local and international support from muslims, doesn't mean anything.

Remind me how you are going to tell 70 million+ people that they will no longer be able to enjoy the freedom they have today and that they must live under strict islamic rule?

Why should the Turkish people give up their freedom and benefits? Why should Turkey switch sides?
Well, that freedom that you are talking about is not in my favor. But anyways i leave it to themselves. 50+ % of Turkish people chose to follow Islamists. That makes sense. Turkey with pro-Islam governors is always stronger and can bargain more. Their history has proved this.
Western freedom is not freedom of thoughts or freedom of speech. It's only about being NUDE, drinking wine, visiting brothels and living like a pig. Turks refuted that in the recent elections. Again makes sense to me.

In west you will be prisoned if you deny Holocaust or capitalism. Their freedom is crap, for someone looking from outside, oh they have beautiful civilization but have you seen the external debt of EU countries? The more they have freedom, the more they are slaves of Imperialists e.g. Luxamburg and Denmark. They are broken by Imperialists but live happily. huh, i have no idea that when and where Imperialists would impose an other war on them to control their birth rate like WW1, WW2 etc but they are blinded happy dudes. Off topic already, but let's leave it to Turks who want to live freely. And with their own proud culture not with with western freedom.

Western freedom is not freedom of thoughts or freedom of speech. It's only about being NUDE, drinking wine, visiting brothels and living like a pig. Turks refuted that in the recent elections. Again makes sense to me.

In west you will be prisoned if you deny Holocaust or capitalism. Their freedom is crap, for someone looking from outside, oh they have beautiful civilization but have you seen the external debt of EU countries? The more they have freedom, the more they are slaves of Imperialists e.g. Luxamburg and Denmark.

Personally, I agree with you. Western freedom is not freedom. But I still find it hard to believe that Turkish people will revolt against their secular pro western ruling system in favour of an islamic one. I believe that in a matter of time western culture will gradually replace islamic in Turkey.

BTW, I also believe western freedom is crap and that we are slaves of imperialism. But everyone seems to want it.

Last edited:
Uzbeks are not Turks of anatolia. Uzbeks are very different turkic peoples from turks of anatolia.

Seriously go troll somewhere else you idiot, today's Turkic people were yesterday's Turks, there was no "Turkic" they Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Turkmens were all referred to as Turks from x tribe fullstop.

You can call Egyptians and Tunisians Arabs, you can call Iranians and Tajiks Persian just like you can call Uzbeks, Turkmens and Turkish as Turks.

Take your butthurt elsewhere you can call them alien if you want doesn't change that they were Turks and you use the script they enforced on you.

Back
Top Bottom