What's new

Why the army can fight in J&K but not Chhattisgarh

The article calls Maoist insurgency a homegrown insurgency in comparison to the Kashmir valley insurgency.

Also interesting to note that now rediff too acknowledges there are 230 districts filled with insurgents a figure previously dismissed by Indians on the forums as being rupeenews inspired.

Rediff is not word of god. I lived in Maoist area for many years, I know the truth. Trust me there is nothing called ideology in Indian maoists, They are just thugs. The bullies became maoists and do extortion, murder and gundaism.

@Maoist infection: The data is pulled out in liberal context. I will give an example

eg: According to western country non-consensual sex is rape, even husband making relation with wife without he wish is also rape. If we accept same standard, Whole India and Pakistan will become rapist... Similar analogy apply here , if we impliment the same standard then we can say "Entire Pakistan is infected by Terrorism." .

Problem is there, and we are having solution as well. Maoists are counting there last breath.. They are loosing there support.

Also Maoists are very separatist friendly. They have been approaching separatists to join hands, its just that separatists are not giving any lift to them... Yet.

This is indication that Kashmir is not India and hence Indian Army can be deployed while NE is India hence police needs to do the task.

1. Chhattisgarh is not a NE state ...NE In comprises of 7 sister states, where army has already been deployed for a long time to combat the separatists.

seven-sisters.jpg

2. Chhattisgarh is part of central India, where Maoist are fighting for a regime change and not a separate state.

543px-India_Chhattisgarh_locator_map.svg.png

3. IS Pakistani FATA areas a occupied country too? because last we noticied Pakistan has also deployed it's armies there.
4. Army is deployed in areas where local state authorities are unable to combat the menace..hell, army was even deployed in Gujarat at the time of Godhara riots..does it make Gujarat a separate country too??

Rediff is not word of god. I lived in Maoist area for many years, I know the truth. Trust me there is nothing called ideology in Indian maoists, They are just thugs. The bullies became maoists and do extortion, murder and gundaism.

@Maoist infection: The data is pulled out in liberal context. I will give an example

eg: According to western country non-consensual sex is rape, even husband making relation with wife without he wish is also rape. If we accept same standard, Whole India and Pakistan will become rapist... Similar analogy apply here , if we impliment the same standard then we can say "Entire Pakistan is infected by Terrorism." .

Problem is there, and we are having solution as well. Maoists are counting there last breath.. They are loosing there support.

I have not argued Maoists are good or bad.

3. IS Pakistani FATA areas a occupied country too? because last we noticied Pakistan has also deployed it's armies there.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...j-k-but-not-chhattisgarh-2.html#ixzz24uW5zPWH

Asim took my word out of context, I said

"repeate Army is good in barack and enemy land, not in home land.."

which means, Army should not be used in policing. Mo matter where they are they will do human right violation, they are trained for toughest conditions, they are not trained for policing. So they must not be used on own ppl.

Hope it clear the cloud of mis-comprehension.

I have not argued Maoists are good or bad.

This was my answer, I thought you will read these lines..

eg: According to western country non-consensual sex is rape, even husband making relation with wife without he wish is also rape. If we accept same standard, Whole India and Pakistan will become rapist... Similar analogy apply here , if we impliment the same standard then we can say "Entire Pakistan is infected by Terrorism."
Problem is there, and we are having solution as well.

wooing-people-to-the-maoist-fold-174.jpg

locals-pledge-support-to-maoists-in-the-jungles-of-bastar.jpg

The Maoist problem is India's first fully home-grown insurgency. The problem is rooted in our inept administration and rank corruption that has denied the benefits of growth to a huge swath of our population, who continue to live in poverty.

kashmiri-terrors.jpg

In contrast, the Jammu and Kashmir problem is a proxy war, covertly and overtly supported by Pakistan. It falls in the category of State-sponsored terrorism..

GADCHIROLI_1188263f.jpg

Also, in sharp contrast to the Maoist-affected interiors where poverty, deprivation and hunger stalk every village,

photo_12_10_2008_5.jpg

the streets of Srinagar hardly have an impoverished man

Also Maoists are very separatist friendly. They have been approaching separatists to join hands, its just that separatists are not giving any lift to them... Yet.

Maoists just wants to build the pressure on the govt by any means. It's the same Maoists who warned Talibans when they threatened attack on India.

maoist_naxal_200910261.jpg

The basic drivers of the Maoist insurgency are politico-economic-social, in essence. Its fuel mix includes our class-ridden social structure that refuses to confer social acceptance and dignity to all. The Maoists' promise of a class-less society offers a world of hope to people who have all along been discriminated on grounds of caste and creed. It has no fundamentalist influence.

Z2Z83.jpg

In Kashmir, the movement has gone far beyond being fuelled by the demands of independence or merger with Pakistan. Today, it is an extension of fundamental Islamist militancy, with its commitment to the Islamist Caliphate at the end of the road.

The Lashkar-e-Tayiba , the lead militant organisation in Kashmir, is a proponent of this convoluted philosophy.

wooing-people-to-the-maoist-fold-174.jpg

locals-pledge-support-to-maoists-in-the-jungles-of-bastar.jpg

The Maoist problem is India's first fully home-grown insurgency. The problem is rooted in our inept administration and rank corruption that has denied the benefits of growth to a huge swath of our population, who continue to live in poverty.

kashmiri-terrors.jpg

In contrast, the Jammu and Kashmir problem is a proxy war, covertly and overtly supported by Pakistan. It falls in the category of State-sponsored terrorism..

GADCHIROLI_1188263f.jpg

Also, in sharp contrast to the Maoist-affected interiors where poverty, deprivation and hunger stalk every village,

photo_12_10_2008_5.jpg

the streets of Srinagar hardly have an impoverished man
\

Thats why We must not use Army against them. We must bring social equality to the last ppl. We are working on it and Insha-allh we will succeed.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...j-k-but-not-chhattisgarh-2.html#ixzz24uW5zPWH

Asim took my word out of context, I said

"repeate Army is good in barack and enemy land, not in home land.."

which means, Army should not be used in policing. Mo matter where they are they will do human right violation, they are trained for toughest conditions, they are not trained for policing. So they must not be used on own ppl.

Hope it clear the cloud of mis-comprehension.

Ab baaton ko ghuma rahay ho, dil ki baat zubaan par aa hi jaati hai

Shayar-e-Mashriq, Allama Iqbal once said:

DILSE JO BAAT NIKALTI HAI ASAR RAKHTI HAI
PAR NAHI TAKAT-E-PARWAAZ MAGAR RAKHTI HAI
QUDSIL-ASAL HAI RAFAT PE NAZAR RAKHTI HAI
KHAK SE UTHTI HAI GARDON PE GUZAR RAKHTI HAI

The word springing from the heart surely carries weight,
Though notendowed with wings, it yet can fly in space.
Pureand spiritual in its essence, it pegs its gaze on high,
Rising from the lowly dust, grazes past the skies.

Ab keh dia toh kyun peeche hat rahay ho :)

0421_p146-india-map_398x505.jpg

The Maoist problem encompasses multiple states. The spread of the area affected by insurgency is far larger. Lack of political consensus has eroded the quality of response. Absence of co-ordination between states has allowed freedom of movement to the terrorists. Intelligence sharing mechanisms are yet to be put in place.

Jammu_kashmir.JPG

In Jammu and Kashmir there was broad consensus amongst mainstream political parties for deployment of armed forces. The concept of a joint command of forces combating the terrorists was put into effect in Jammu and Kashmir leading to synergy between the state police and the central armed forces.

Islamic-terrorists-India-Pakistan.jpg

In Jammu and Kashmir, in spite of the borders being guarded rather heavily, the rugged mountainous jungle terrain allows induction of weapons by the infiltrators. Though heavy weaponry is difficult to ferry from across the borders, there is no dearth of personal weapons of the best quality like the AK-47.

naxal.jpg

The Maoists depend primarily on looted old and obsolete armouries of police forces. Of course there are more AK-47s now, but it still is a far cry from what is available in the valley.

However, the weaponry of the Maoists being poorer, their combat capability may not be as good. They make up for it in terms of numbers, though. The pros and cons put together, the Maoist problem will also suck in more and more of an already stretched army, if deployed.

In Maoist hit areas, we should try to bring development. These are mostly poor people fighting, and Maoism will go away if we get rid of its poverty roots.

Maoist may be separatist friendly but they are not separatist.They will over whelm any separatism once they get there chance on delhi or may be whole subcontinent.

Back
Top Bottom