What's new

Why Tejas Mk2 (MWF) Will Be Important

Ohh we are so sorry to bother you to have a war with you.....But wait wasn't the Su 30 most sophisticated fighter in your airforce that we shot down

Means now 55 years old or more

Creating your own bubble palace and sits in there .That is what you are doing.

Within 1 decades ,our majority MW and LW category would Tejas and its variants .
Nope Just means I am experienced. They have been at this for 30 years now and have exactly 14? planes. You only got FOC in FEB. And it's so good that you need the MK2 now......

Will it come with a trailer to tow it, or is that an optional extra?

with that nose cone rudder elevators etc
and exposed external weapons load.
rcs of 0.1 and 0.2 is nothing more than a myth.

RCS figure are given in clean configuration. External payload always add to RCS

its not only the external load but the whole aerodynamic design and configuration.
Not aerodynamic but design. Design gives rcs figue and external payload adds to RCS depending upon what payload is attached.

Meri jaan can't wait for Tejas Mk2. It will be a game changer for us. All the experience and failures we gained from building Mk1 will help us build an amazing platform. This aircraft has potential to develop thousands of jobs for Indians and reverse the brain drain. I hope this govt. fast tracks work on this.

This shall be a perfect replacement of Mirage 2000. Imagine a single engine fighter with very low RCS and top class AESA with Infrared track and search system with ultra long range air to air missile and Mimi Brahmos like sand of weapon. What else can match it? I think it will easily surpass even Gripen in Ground attack capability and match gripen in air to air role. No chines plane counts.

We have got our own lightweight fighter. We are now making our own medium medium weight fighter. When will make AMCA , we will have full spectrum of the desi planes and we will not require anything from others We are just a decade away from it. When it will happen, it will be something too good ever happened in Indian defence sector.

Last edited:
Meri jaan can't wait for Tejas Mk2. It will be a game changer for us. All the experience and failures we gained from building Mk1 will help us build an amazing platform. This aircraft has potential to develop thousands of jobs for Indians and reverse the brain drain. I hope this govt. fast tracks work on this.

It will be a game change IF HAL can actually deliver on its promise. HAL has been notoriously infamous for screwing our IAF and Navy over for many years, wasting public funds and building sub-standard products just because they maintain an unfair monopoly with ZERO accountability.

They need to have competition and since these are defence products, they need to be held responsible for every single damage or crash that happens in which our air warriors are injured or die. The punishment should be either blocking of next set of funds, termination of the team responsible and rustication of their engineering certificates or direct imprisonment for second-degree homicide due to poor production standards and compromising national security.

I know these might sound really very harsh as punishments but unless HAL is turned around and banged in and out, they will not reform or deliver with results.

The other option is to privatize HAL while sacking any government employee who protests against it.

Sorry, but no government employee is more precious to me than a dying soldier / air warrior who is dying not because of combat but due to poor or delayed products.

It will be a game change IF HAL can actually deliver on its promise. HAL has been notoriously infamous for screwing our IAF and Navy over for many years, wasting public funds and building sub-standard products just because they maintain an unfair monopoly with ZERO accountability.

They need to have competition and since these are defence products, they need to be held responsible for every single damage or crash that happens in which our air warriors are injured or die. The punishment should be either blocking of next set of funds, termination of the team responsible and rustication of their engineering certificates or direct imprisonment for second-degree homicide due to poor production standards and compromising national security.

I know these might sound really very harsh as punishments but unless HAL is turned around and banged in and out, they will not reform or deliver with results.

The other option is to privatize HAL while sacking any government employee who protests against it.

Sorry, but no government employee is more precious to me than a dying soldier / air warrior who is dying not because of combat but due to poor or delayed products.
Don't think privatization will help, unless govt dilutes a significant portion. there are simply no metrics to hold these guys accountable.

May be work on more JVs or FDI with American, Israeli or European private defense companies; invited with SOPs, tax rebates and availability of the huge engineering talent to help build these competencies further?

Back
Top Bottom