What's new

Why Sri Lanka’s collapse looms large over Bangladesh

Bro, I don’t think he is an Indian troll.

Just a disgruntled hothead - obviously with a very personal vendetta against BAL.

I am guessing BAL thugs have extorted money/land from him.

I personally know people who have had to sell land to BAL thugs - under duress.

Hence, I am extremely sympathetic towards him.

But it does not justify pissing on our country!!!
Dude i have been here for a long time...his response are as follows, he will call you black, he will call you a mollah, he will say you are either from comilla or sylhet or he will call you a child.

He is anti BD period...... he is anti BAL now cause they are in power....he has been anti BNP, anti Jamat etc as needed in defense of india. Go through his post. As they say you know someone on the basis of the company they keep. This guy regularly trolls in conjunction with other indians.....enough said...

Lol...right in connection with "kitchen boys"... i did not pick up on that.

You obviously know he is cracked, rise above it and dont react. He is an indian troll trying to cause issues between BDs.

Have you see anyone else say anything about sylheties or about anyone from any part of BD? You are falling for the machanitions of an indian troll.

Clearly you failed to understand what i wrote.... read it again and see why your response is so off the mark.
Please send me a grammar book that I will read to understand what an imbecile guy always writes in all the threads.

But, do I have to care what an Indian writes? I want to see truths only, and here we should talk about only our own achievements and failures not caring what Indians say.

The way we inflate our economic imagination in an open forum it is strange that many non-BD people do not bash us. After all, we are only a self-proclaimed highly developed country by 2041.

You believe that but I will not because I have been exposed to truly developed countries in Eastern Asia and Western Europe. I also know how countries like BD or Nigeria are full of fabricated development. It is on paper and camera but not in reality.

I have also been to Nigeria two times on work and saw that country to be an exact replica of Bangladesh. N has oil and BD has textiles. but nothing like industrialization.

Are you saying govt redirected external loan money of other projects to the bridge construction?

The tax/gdp is indeed very low. It will be even lower if you see how and where the money is spent.

Having debt also doesn't mean you're not financially capable to build something? Otherwise china, usa has external loans too. How are they doing it?

If by Bangladesh you mean the infrastructure programs of Bangladesh are run by loan money, then Yes. Always has been.

Bangladesh current and near future dollar eating sources are raw materials and POL products imports. Only way to save dollar is limit these imports. Which can already be seen as local manufacturing has taken a hit. But good news is inflow and outflow of dollar is under control, for now.

As for the loan repayments, at current external loan, our payment is supposed to cap around $4bn after 2026. I wouldn't worry much, even if our tax base remains constant the next 4 yrs. But expenditure in various sectors must be looked after.

I will reply your points when I have more time. But I am not an economics expert, @Homo Sapiens bhai is far more qualified to answer your comments....

That "people's tax" story included loans from all manner of banks, ADB, IMF, WB and others.

Tax/revenue collection in Bangladesh is extremely weak.

"Nijer taka" is a smoke-and-mirrors story fed to the easily gullible.

If Bangladesh had no loans, then this would be believable. But it is not.
Yes, it is true that you stated that BD used the loan money for other projects to finance the construction of Padma Bridge.

However, the cost is double than what the WB finance would have cost. Much of the money was stolen by BAL politicians and bureaucrats.

And this is progress!!!!! The next progress work is the rail line to be constructed by our great brother India. There will be Horir Loot.

Yes, it is true that you stated that BD used the loan money for other projects to finance the construction of Padma Bridge.

However, the cost is double than what the WB finance would have cost. Much of the money was stolen by BAL politicians and bureaucrats.

And this is progress!!!!! The next progress work is the rail line to be constructed by our great brother India. There will be Horir Loot.

If you are talking about the rail link from Dhaka to Padma Bridge - that portion is being constructed by Chinese CREC.

iu

1661746726917.png

1661746579732.png

But the Indians have effed up a couple of railway projects already (Khulna-Mongla BG rail link, Dhaka-Tongi Dual Gauge link).

The difference between Indian work and Chinese work is clear as day and AL loots money from both projects.

The Dhaka to Padma Bridge rail link is going to cost more than the Padma Bridge itself.

Padma Bridge cost was $3.6 Billion. Rail Link will cost $4.4 Billion plus.

Harir loot - like you said....

Last edited:
The difference between Indian work and Chinese work is clear as day and AL loots money from both projects.

The Dhaka to Padma Bridge rail link is going to cost more than the Padma Bridge itself.

Padma Bridge cost was $3.6 Billion. Rail Link will cost $4.4 Billion plus.

Harir loot - like you said....
The payment situation deteriorates in 2024 when the yearly payment amount is something between $4 to $5 billion. This year, it is $2.7 billion only and the govt cannot buy oil/gas and asks IMF, WB, and ADB to help BD out of the hole.

So, this $4.4 billion and Rooppur's $12 billion will be added a few more years after 2024, In that case, the yearly repayment figure may reach above $5 billion.

But, actually not that bad if BD export earnings go above $80 billion by that time. How about the Indian credit to build a broad gauge line? What is the Love-Love Cost?

The payment situation deteriorates in 2024 when the yearly payment amount is something between $4 to $5 billion. This year, it is $2.7 billion only and the govt cannot buy oil/gas and asks IMF, WB, and ADB to help BD out of the hole.

So, this $4.4 billion and Rooppur's $12 billion will be added a few more years after 2024, In that case, the yearly repayment figure may reach above $5 billion.

But, actually not that bad if BD export earnings go above $80 billion by that time. How about the Indian credit to build a broad gauge line? What is the Love-Love Cost?

The Indian contract will go nowhere. Indians aren’t capable of building infrastructure. Indians got it precisely because Hasina knows it will go nowhere.

Anything critical always goes to China, Japan or Korea.

It will be pulled next year after Hasina pulls off another midnight voting coup - USA style. 🤣🤣🤣

Rooppur's payment will start from 2027. Govt will have to spend around $1bn annually from then. This $1bn consists of capital, interest, fuel, maintenance, salary etc.

But we also have look at the power it will produce. RNPP will produce around 19 billion kwh annually. If we were to produce the same amount of electricity from oil, we would have to import around $3bn worth of furnace oil. ( 1 kwh from oil = 15tk of fuel )

From this point i would say rooppur would save us a massive amount of dollar. Although price of furnace oil isn't constant and might go down in future, but it will never be as cheap as nuclear power

Rooppur's payment will start from 2027. Govt will have to spend around $1bn annually from then. This $1bn consists of capital, interest, fuel, maintenance, salary etc.

But we also have look at the power it will produce. RNPP will produce around 19 billion kwh annually. If we were to produce the same amount of electricity from oil, we would have to import around $3bn worth of furnace oil. ( 1 kwh from oil = 15tk of fuel )

From this point i would say rooppur would save us a massive amount of dollar. Although price of furnace oil isn't constant and might go down in future, but it will never be as cheap as nuclear power

Mistri bhai doesn’t understand that you either pay more for oil or less for nuclear.

You have to pay for electricity one way or another.

It’s NOT FREE.

How about the Indian credit to build a broad gauge line? What is the Love-Love Cost?

Luver Gur Piprai khai.

India'r thekey suppliers credit nia luv nai....shobrokom stipulation ar contract riders diye rakhsey.

Bangladesher amla gadhara choley daley daley - ar Bhartiya baniya-ra choley patai patai.

Amla-ra konodin contract er fine print poreo na ar porleo bojhey na.

Sagoler bachha der kono dharonai nai - kivabey contract negotiate kora lagey.

Eguli to chakri-e pai Mama Chacha dhorey.

Ingreji bojhey koijoney. Ek paragraph ingreji likhtey bolen ar shomoi den ek ghonta. Kolom bhainga falabey kintu ek sentence bahir hobena. Eguli amader desh chalaitesey.

Thogbaji'r ekshesh....eijonno ami boli, Indian der shathey kono business exchange e jawatai bokami.

Tara dibo taka thik-e - kintu uthaiya niya jabey tin dobol.

Machineries er daam dobol rakhbey, Expert der per hour billing baraiya dibey tin dobol - apni jeet-tey parben na.

$2 Billion is latest suppliers credit, but actual items supplied will hardly equal $200 Million after bribes and dhokeybaaji is accounted for....

Bangladesher amla gadhara choley daley daley - ar Bhartiya baniya-ra choley patai patai.

Amla-ra konodin contract er fine print poreo na ar porleo bojhey na.

Sagoler bachha der kono dharonai nai - kivabey contract negotiate kora lagey.

Eguli to chakri-e pai Mama Chacha dhorey.

Ingreji bojhey koijoney. Ek paragraph ingreji likhtey bolen ar shomoi den ek ghonta. Kolom bhainga falabey kintu ek sentence bahir hobena. Eguli amader desh chalaitesey.
When the Indians (read Hindus) started learning English and other Earthly subjects after the Fort William College was established in 1805, our forefathers kept on memorizing holy books and learning rituals to find passages to the Islamic after-death Paradise and refrained from learning essentials subjects because the languages, English and Bengali, are Nasara and Hindu languages.

It went on until probably the 1850s when Sir Syed Ahmed Khan started his education movement to educate the orthodox Muslims in English. The result is positive but we still remain as superstitious as our forefathers were.

As far as I know, our graduates throw off the books after graduation whereby educating themselves throughout life is a passion for non-Muslim people of the world including Indian Hindus.

So, in general, Muslims remain half-educated whereby non-Muslims keep on learning. The result is that Indian educated bureaucrats can cheat us on an Agreement.

Our bureaucrats should add signed footnotes to the Agreements for the sake of clarity of a Clause.

When the Indians (read Hindus) started learning English and other Earthly subjects after the Fort William College was established in 1805, our forefathers kept on memorizing holy books and learning rituals to find passages to the Islamic after-death Paradise and refrained from learning essentials subjects because the languages, English and Bengali, are Nasara and Hindu languages.

It went on until probably the 1850s when Sir Syed Ahmed Khan started his education movement to educate the orthodox Muslims in English. The result is positive but we still remain as superstitious as our forefathers were.

As far as I know, our graduates throw off the books after graduation whereby educating themselves throughout life is a passion for non-Muslim people of the world including Indian Hindus.

So, in general, Muslims remain half-educated whereby non-Muslims keep on learning. The result is that Indian educated bureaucrats can cheat us on an Agreement.

Our bureaucrats should add signed footnotes to the Agreements for the sake of clarity of a Clause.

Shob contract er shathey "Escape Clause" add kora lagey jara loan recipient i.e. Bangladeshi side...

Bangladesher amla gadhara kono kicchutey escape clause add kortey chaina.

So result is predictable. Bangladeshis always remain losers. Ek takar jinish pach taka dia kiney.....

Best is not do ANY BUSINESS with India. Including Medical/Retail tourism. And kick out Indian illegals from Bangladesh.

How an international agreement is actually signed?
The Indian contract will go nowhere. Indians aren’t capable of building infrastructure. Indians got it precisely because Hasina knows it will go nowhere.

Anything critical always goes to China, Japan or Korea.

It will be pulled next year after Hasina pulls off another midnight voting coup - USA style. 🤣🤣🤣
Which gauge BD is trying to convert?
Trivia - Broad gauge of 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) is used in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Argentina and Chile. China, Japan or Korea doesn't have working knowledge of this track.

How an international agreement is actually signed?

Which gauge BD is trying to convert?
Trivia - Broad gauge of 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) is used in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Argentina and Chile. China, Japan or Korea doesn't have working knowledge of this track.
Do you really expect this kitchen boy with two English flags to know anything about broad, meter, or narrow gauge lines?

He will just move away to another topic something irrelevant to off-guard your questions.

This is an unlikely scenario. Bangledesh is way more organized and safe than srilanka

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom