What's new

Why Sri Lanka’s collapse looms large over Bangladesh

You also need to take into account the extra economic activities generated from the bridge which will feed into greater tax revenues for the BD government.

Padma Bridge will turn to be one of the greatest investments in BD government history.

Along with our first nuclear power station.

You cannot progress if 1/3 of your population are cutoff from your capital city and only port!!

Mistri bhai doesn’t get it!!!

Along with our first nuclear power station.

You cannot progress if 1/3 of your population are cutoff from your capital city and only port!!

Mistri bhai doesn’t get it!!!

Again dude why do you bother with the half-educated illiterate?

He does not have a clue what he is talking about.

People let us not downplay the issues. BD is being rocked by a real financial situation.

I am hearing of rolling electricity downtime even in cities whilst in the vilages sometimes no electricity in the day only in the evening.

The villagers are currently unable to transport goods to the cities on time. This is particularly impacting the workers collectives who are non profit and can not afford high fuel and transport cost.

The real inflation rate in BD is multiple times the official number.

Every country is facing this with UK inflation rate in double digits but BD is much less able to meet this shocks.

I believe BD will come out stronger on the other side but lets not minimise that a section of our populace will pay the price.

Also one positive that no one speaks about is that at a time of high inflation borrowing made on a fixed rate becomes cheaper and almost all of BD borrowings are fixed.

Again dude why do you bother with the half-educated illiterate?

He does not have a clue what he is talking about.

BD is the only country in the world whose GDP keeps on rising year after year and now 1/3rd of the population has to buy food with ration cards.

And, highly literate UK Kitchen Boy like you and that @BananaRepublicUK claim BD is a fast developing country that will surpass Singapore only after a few years.

Yes, now your IMF loan of $4.5 billion will add another $1 trillion to the BD GDP. Just dream on, idiot Kitchen Boys!!

Sri Lanka is a tourism country vulnerable to the epidemic, and its agriculture has been destroyed by the wrong policies (suddenly abandoning traditional agriculture and turning to organic agriculture, but lacking investment and market).

Bangladesh is a stable industrial country with low debt ratio and sufficient foreign exchange reserves.

The two countries are not comparable.

The status will achieve breakeven by 2030. Thousands of people get employment because of this tourist place. The place and people around the statue has developed so much.
Congratulations to India. I suggest that India build another 10000 statues, one in each city. In this way, India will soon become a superpower.

People let us not downplay the issues. BD is being rocked by a real financial situation.

I am hearing of rolling electricity downtime even in cities whilst in the vilages sometimes no electricity in the day only in the evening.

The villagers are currently unable to transport goods to the cities on time. This is particularly impacting the workers collectives who are non profit and can not afford high fuel and transport cost.

The real inflation rate in BD is multiple times the official number.

Every country is facing this with UK inflation rate in double digits but BD is much less able to meet this shocks.

I believe BD will come out stronger on the other side but lets not minimise that a section of our populace will pay the price.

Also one positive that no one speaks about is that at a time of high inflation borrowing made on a fixed rate becomes cheaper and almost all of BD borrowings are fixed.

Please let’s not create a strawman.

No one is downplaying the pain suffered by people without adequate savings.

In U.K., people are eating cereals with cold milk and porridge with warm water - TO SAVE ON GAS.

NEXT 12 MONTHS WILL BE HELL.

But neither should we lie about our exports number or borrowing number - just to get one over BAL thugs.

BD is the only country in the world whose GDP keeps on rising year after year and now 1/3rd of the population has to buy food with ration cards.

And, highly literate UK Kitchen Boy like you and that @BananaRepublicUK claim BD is a fast developing country that will surpass Singapore only after a few years.

Yes, now your IMF loan of $4.5 billion will add another $1 trillion to the BD GDP. Just dream on, idiot Kitchen Boys!!

Mistri bhai,

In an extremely poor country you will have endemic poverty even with 10% growth.

E.g. someone earning 200 taka can double their income - AND WILL STILL STRUGGLE TO EAT. And starve with sudden price rises.

@UKBengali i will keep trying to educate this imbecile from Bhola!

It’s upto us Sylhetis to educate these Chetona university educated imbeciles.

Bangladesh started from a low base and year on year GDP growth is not really surprising.

BD is a fast developing country and in absolute terms it will surpass singapore and malaysia just like it has already done with hong kong although obviously not in terms of per capita GDP.

Multiplier effect do magnify the impact of gov expenditure across the economy

Pick up a book, many things can exist simultaneously. If you can not, just desist from BD section, go comment on india with your hindutva buddies.

Please let’s not create a strawman.

No one is downplaying the pain suffered by people without adequate savings.

In U.K., people are eating cereals with cold milk and porridge with warm water - TO SAVE ON GAS.

NEXT 12 MONTHS WILL BE HELL.

But neither should we lie about our exports number or borrowing number - just to get one over BAL thugs.

Mistri bhai,

In an extremely poor country you will have endemic poverty even with 10% growth.

E.g. someone earning 200 taka can double their income - AND WILL STILL STRUGGLE TO EAT. And starve with sudden price rises.

@UKBengali i will keep trying to educate this imbecile from Bhola!

It’s upto us Sylhetis to educate these Chetona university educated imbeciles.
No straw man is being created.

Everyone is commenting from their own perspective and all of that is valid.

Everything is not right in BD and it is not business as usual. However at the same time whilst the system is stressed it is not collapsing.

Cut out the Sylheti nonsense.... regionalism achieves nothing....it is a double edged sword... you forget where momen is from... you want chetona imbeciles you need to clean house first. I say this from personal experience as muhit/momen are my relatives.

No straw man is being created.

Everyone is commenting from their own perspective and all of that is valid.

Everything is not right in BD and it is not business as usual. However at the same time whilst the system is stressed it is not collapsing.

Cut out the Sylheti nonsense.... regionalism achieves nothing....it is a double edged sword... you forget where momen is from... you want chetona imbeciles you need to clean house first. I say this from personal experience as muhit/momen are my relatives.

I will not cut out the “sylheti nonsense”.

These jealous idiots have been stereotyping sylhetis forever.

They think their akdoom bakdoom gorar dim education is respected by anyone 🤣🤣🤣

Look at the Mistri - calling us “kitchen boys” 🤣🤣🤣

These idiots need to know Sylhet now has more elite uni educated people than any other division.

Reza is not our only oxbridge educated son/daughter.

BD is a fast developing country and in absolute terms it will surpass singapore and malaysia just like it has already done with hong kong although obviously not in terms of per capita GDP.
Please tell me how you really expand the economy without first investing in sectors that produce many value-added goods.

China has declared something like 8200 varieties of products from BD to import something tax-free. Can you specifically tell what exactly are these sectors or products that BD has successfully produced and exported to China so far or in the near future?

I do not find any clue about this. Please come with data and not some hoax figures produced by the BBS. And with those fake figures, you claim to surpass Singapore and Malaysia.

I was sent by my Japanese company to Malaysia to participate in the construction of a gas pipeline project (PGUP) with Petronas in Paka within Trengganu State.

I designed the foundations (piled ones) for the five Metering and Valve Stations along the pipeline route. I have visited Singapore on numerous occasions.

When tens of thousands of our people regularly seek menial work there, you expect Malaysians and Singaporeans to come to our Golden Bd to work as sweepers.

When do you want them to come? Even after million years, BD will remain as it is now with big-mouth guys like you who want to conquer the world with hollow talking only. You guys must be very insane.

Have you ever been to any of these countries? If not, you better not contest what I say.

Last edited:
Please tell me how you really expand the economy without first investing in sectors that produce many value-added goods.

China has declared something like 8200 varieties of products from BD to import something tax-free. Can you specifically tell what exactly are these sectors or products that BD has successfully produced and exported to China so far or in the near fiyure?

I do not find any clue about this. Please come with data and not some hoax figures produced by the BBS. And with those fake figures, you claim to surpass Singapore and Malaysia.

I was sent by my Japanese company to Malaysia to participate in the construction of a gas pipeline project (PGUP) with Petronas in Paka within Trengganu State.

I designed the foundations (piled ones) for the five Metering and Valve Stations along the pipeline route. I have visited Singapore on numerous occasions.

When tens of thousands of our people regularly seek menial work there, you expect Malaysians and Singaporeans to come to our Golden Bd to work as sweepers.

When do you want them to come? Even after million years, BD will remain as it is now with big-mouth guys like you who want to conquer the world with hollow talking only. You guys must be very insane.

Have you ever been to any of these countries? If not, you better not contest what I say.
I checked the news from China. Bangladesh's exports to China include clothing, leather, leather products, frozen fish and shrimp, shoes, jute, jute products, biscuits, cakes, peas, nuts, herbal cosmetics, vegetables, tea, flowers, fruits, various spices, tobacco, etc. There are about 8500 kinds of goods in total, of which 97% of Bangladeshi goods have tax-free privileges.

I don't get it. Padma bridge was implemented with people's tax. And the money has already been spent. So how will it break down Bangladesh Bank, even if we don't consider that the bridge will be earning 900+ crore taka annually?
He is saying so , because if you have noticed , at first ( not sure if they did later) India didn't congratulate Hasina for the padma bridge!

I will not cut out the “sylheti nonsense”.

These jealous idiots have been stereotyping sylhetis forever.

They think their akdoom bakdoom gorar dim education is respected by anyone 🤣🤣🤣

Look at the Mistri - calling us “kitchen boys” 🤣🤣🤣

These idiots need to know Sylhet now has more elite uni educated people than any other division.

Reza is not our only oxbridge educated son/daughter.
Lol...right in connection with "kitchen boys"... i did not pick up on that.

You obviously know he is cracked, rise above it and dont react. He is an indian troll trying to cause issues between BDs.

Have you see anyone else say anything about sylheties or about anyone from any part of BD? You are falling for the machanitions of an indian troll.

China has declared something like 8200 varieties of products from BD to import something tax-free. Can you specifically tell what exactly are these sectors or products that BD has successfully produced and exported to China so far or in the near future?

Clearly you failed to understand what i wrote.... read it again and see why your response is so off the mark.

I checked the news from China. Bangladesh's exports to China include clothing, leather, leather products, frozen fish and shrimp, shoes, jute, jute products, biscuits, cakes, peas, nuts, herbal cosmetics, vegetables, tea, flowers, fruits, various spices, tobacco, etc. There are about 8500 kinds of goods in total, of which 97% of Bangladeshi goods have tax-free privileges.
Thanks for the input. Please note that the list you have provided includes items that are mostly agricultural and basic goods in nature. Very little value is added to these goods.

My point was that unless more value-added mechanical, electrical, or electronic goods are produced, a country's economy does not really expand.

And BD is a complete failure at that. It has no such industries that produce industrial and consumer goods on a scale. So, the economy cannot really rise.

I ask these guys fantasizing over the BD development to check Alibaba group's made-in-China goods numbering tens of thousands. China produces them, therefore, its economy is expanding.

You obviously know he is cracked, rise above it and dont react. He is an indian troll trying to cause issues between BDs.
And, you are a real Malaun ka Baccha, Kabhi Nahi accha. I am accustomed to your type of fake poster without any depth of knowledge.

Keep on making personal attacks as usual but you will remain a Malaun in your heart and by the habit of making Geebat. Malauns like Geebat.

When you lose an argument you start personal attacks. No wonder, BD with so many Malaun-minded people in it will remain at the lowest rung of the economic ladder.

Last edited:
Lol...right in connection with "kitchen boys"... i did not pick up on that.

Have you see anyone else say anything about sylheties or about anyone from any part of BD? You are falling for the machanitions of an indian troll.

Clearly you failed to understand what i wrote.... read it again and see why your response is so off the mark.

Bro, I don’t think he is an Indian troll.

Just a disgruntled hothead - obviously with a very personal vendetta against BAL.

I am guessing BAL thugs have extorted money/land from him.

I personally know people who have had to sell land to BAL thugs - under duress.

Hence, I am extremely sympathetic towards him.

But it does not justify pissing on our country!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom