What's new

Featured Why Pakistan's Imran Khan said no to American drones

Imran Khan has most certainly put himeself in the crosshairs for sure.

However, given the position he has taken, any attack on his personal well being/life will be pretty obvious as to who requested it and how their cohorts organised it

good for Imran for being the first Pakistani leader for having some backbone, but I think this is going to be a heavy cost as per IMF and the west.

it is always about the money ... why would the pakistani army get involved after Soviets invaded Afghanistan
It was then. it is now
Because next on list was pakistan(go read pushtnistan movement and bombing of pakistan) and we had 2 million refugees

And Yes it is always about money..lets see how u live a day without money

What are you? An idiot??
The journey from a Pakistani Prime Minister being told “look me in the eyes when you answer” by a two bit western journalist to “Absolutely not”. Alhamdolillah.
Now get ready for economic pressure
People think countries get develop in a day while rampant corruption and ineffiency is rewarded

Like it took a few years for china japan korea to develop!!

well as an American I can be a bit worried about it, but I like Imran's guts for standing up for his nation. But the USA is going to do something to make Pakistan pay.

Why US is insisting for a air force base or a drone attack base in Pakistan for strikes in Afghanistan.

It means Afghan Talibans which Pakistan has good cordial relations, call them proxies or whatever would have gone against Pakistan.

The current friends Talibans would have been turned into foes...and Pakistan looked as a traitor country for them.

US must have other options too...

well as an American I can be a bit worried about it, but I like Imran's guts for standing up for his nation. But the USA is going to do something to make Pakistan pay.
Pay for what? Not wanting to fight your war for you?

So many posts and threads for a planted interview.

Talk about power of media and how free it is.

Don’t bother checked your previous post. You are an indian false flagged… American… yeah right…
Im not gonna lie, I do have a bias after all my family fought as Mukti Bahinis in 1971 and I have family in India. I think you are using that word wrong, Ive been honest on my background.
Im just being honest here on the sentiment from the USA.

I doubt pakistan will trust USA this time.

Pakistan got bitten because it trusted a constant relationship..that was an error in judgement..
Democrasy dont have constant leadership or relations

The country gained nothing rathee got million of refuges injured sick afghans at its hospital..
Just the health crisis alone is far greater then any aid it got less then a billion dollars per year..

Of note whole afghanistan hasnt has a single Hemodialysis center ..

War will bring miseray to pakistan and USA will always hold aid or kill civilians as colateral damage to acheive its objectives..its a no brainer what pakistan would want to do

Perhaps had USA been more stable in its relationship(like throughout 1980s) something could have been acheieved but problem was USA had to keep india happy so it allowed indian proxies in afghanistan and messed up all of afghanistan..spent and wastwd a trillion dollars most of which ended up in UAE, Turkey, europe and Othet off shore heavens

And you think USA trusts Pakistan any more than Pakistan trusts USA?

There is no such thing as trust in international geopolitics. What is important that both countries are able to find a course of action with mutual benefits for respective national interests. That is all. This is a better approach then each country trying to pursue its own interests individually.

don't they do all the time?
it always works out better for both given the unfavourable alternatives.

Of course they do, and they will, but only after the rabble rousing kids have been put to sleep after dinner and the adults can make the decisions required at the grownups table in peace.

US has been informed that the current communication channels agreement will be closed as well in very near future, so you will be eating these 'likely to remain so' soon enough.

We shall see soon enough. Until then, perhaps you have the official memo or transcript of the phone call that says so? :D

No, Pakistan does not want war anyway , we have seen US strategy: bomb Taliban today and Pakistan tomorrow. Also it could embolden the Islamists in Pakistan and Afghanistan to take up arms against the establishment who they see as US stooges. Pakistan needs a break from the western front so that we can focus more on the Eastern front and strengthen our economy and standard of living. The other question is what can the US drone base do that Pakistani bases can't do? Does Pakistan need US drones and what will US bases achieve? US has been given time to resolve the Afghanistan debacle which they created and now it's time over, let some other method be deployed to tame the Afghans, military option did not and does not work.

What is certain tis that Pakistan will do whatever serves its national interests, as always. As will USA.

As an American I can respect Imran's Guts, but he is being untactful and is clearly playing to the domestic audience. Pragmatically and in the long term this will isolate Pakistan and cause economic strife.

Situation is far from perfect. That’s 2 whole shifts of airmen (per drone) doing nothing expect monitoring travel. Any issue with drone, that’s a eight hour flight back and hope it won’t crash. Encrypted Communication equipment on drones are highly classified. Loss of one of those devices mean, re-encryption of whole fleet at minimum. In Chinese hands, that equipment is national security threat.

LOL. The newest versions fly pretty autonomously, and their control center is not too far from where I am, with plenty of people available with the necessary expertise in between trips tot he mall and MacDonald's. The loss of any unit over Afghanistan is no different in its risks than its loss over Baluchistan or the Arabian Sea, or anywhere else, for that matter. The added costs for each option of a base are known down to the fraction of a cent already. And re-encryption for the deployed fleet does not take as long as you might think.
As an American I can respect Imran's Guts, but he is being untactful and is clearly playing to the domestic audience. Pragmatically and in the long term this will isolate Pakistan and cause economic strife.

We all must respect PMIK's authority to make the decisions as he sees fit.
Thank you COAS for ruling this out so explicitly. :tup:

When and where did he do that? I must have missed it.

We shall see soon enough. Until then, perhaps you have the official memo or transcript of the phone call that says so? :D

Many idiots here were claiming that Pakistan has agreed to give bases to US. I take it that you were one of them a few weeks ago too, eh? I guess IK openly saying No is official for these lot.

Communication channels agreement will end when US has withdrawn from Afghanistan. Official end will come soon enough but in the meantime speculate just as you had been about the bases being given to US.

And you think USA trusts Pakistan any more than Pakistan trusts USA?

There is no such thing as trust in international geopolitics. What is important that both countries are able to find a course of action with mutual benefits for respective national interests. That is all. This is a better approach then each country trying to pursue its own interests individually.

Of course they do, and they will, but only after the rabble rousing kids have been put to sleep after dinner and the adults can make the decisions required at the grownups table in peace.

What is certain tis that Pakistan will do whatever serves its national interests, as always. As will USA.
amen to that

Back
Top Bottom