What's new

Why Pakistani think Indians as Baniya people ?

I assure you that I'm not a false flagger, however, I've just added you to my list of Arab lovers! :D

You need de-brainwashing, whether today or any other day because you sound like a false flag!!!!

I assure you that I'm not a false flagger, however, I've just added you to my list of Arab lovers! :D
I can care less about the rest of the Arabs, but Palestine is like Kashmir to me, I'm pretty sure you have the same feelings for Kashmiris?

First you explain the peoples here what Baniya is ...........coz there are many users other than Pak-Indo who don't know the meaning of this word..........you started this thread so you explain this what Hindu Baniya is.......???
i-m-a-baniya-and-we-only-consider-money.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have heard of the term but never knew what it meant.
Is it an Indian version of Jew or something. ??

People of Palestine did not revolt that was mostly Hijazis led by the Sharif of Mecca.
He just got caught in his lies, he says that the Palestinians are evil people and he gives this as his source, :crazy:

We shouldn't call them baniyas, I agree. Let's find a new name for them. How about "rakshasa"?
You can call them hindu jew
I have heard of the term but never knew what it meant.
Is it an Indian version of Jew or something. ??

yes, you can call them jew or hindu jew because both of them are money minded.

Third in the Varna system, Vaishyas supposedly evolved from Brahma's thighs. The Vaishya's duty was to ensure the community's prosperity through trade and merchandising.

They are commonly known as banias, a distortion of the Sanskrit word vanik meaning "trader". In southern India, the Chettiars and Mudaliars while in North Agarwals , Maheshwaris , Khandelwals are prominent Vaishya communities, who have contributed to society by building hospitals, endowing universities and developing industries . While the fortunes of the other castes have fluctuated with politics and invasions, the Vaishyas alone have preserved their social and financial stability down the ages movement and then evolved into modern India's leading industrialists.

Baniyas are one of the most successful and affluent communites in India. Take Ambanis, Aggarwals, Mittals, Birlas, Ruia's, Jindal's, Adani's, Sanghvi's, Kotak's, Goel's, Jain's, Gupta's, Lohia's (the list is never ending) etc out of picture, India's business scenario will look devoid of successful businessmen. When most of the country's billionaire belong to one group then it tells a lot about them.

But I agree due to their success, they are obviously the most hated ones!!

In punjab we call indians simply as hindus , this baniya thing was brought by mohajirs from india in 1947. It is not an indigenous word. In punjab historically people engaged in running shops or doing trade were Khatris and Arora hindus.

please don't call Pakistanis as mohajirs

and no, Punjabis do not consider Indians simply as hindus. They are not stupid people. They know Indians follow different religions one of which is Islam.

In Punjab historically, lots of Muslims also ran shops. Most of them converted from Hinduism to Islam and came from Khatri and Arora backgrounds specially in South Punjab

Kutchi memons are also such a successful community in India.

They are also a very successful community in Pakistan.

What's the real meaning of Baniya? The impression I get from here is that it's a slur towards Hindus :(

yes you are correct. It is a derogatory word and slur used against hindus doing business.

Last edited:
yes you are correct. It is a derogatory word and slur used against hindus doing business.

Baniya is not a derogatory word or a slur. It is just the name given to people of a specific caste. Calling Baniya a slur is like calling Jew a slur (I used this example because the stereotypes associated with both groups are usually the same).

Baniya is not a derogatory word or a slur. It is just the name given to people of a specific caste. Calling Baniya a slur is like calling Jew a slur (I used this example because the stereotypes associated with both groups are usually the same).

yes, you are right about it being a label of the business castes. but it is used as a slur by Pakistanis, and Punjabis. Even other people like Rajputs in india for disliking the shop owning profession

What's the real meaning of Baniya? The impression I get from here is that it's a slur towards Hindus :(

Baniya is a term used for business leaders and traders from a community. More than 80% billionaires of India comes from that community, so how come that be a slur!! They are hated for being exceeding others in all fields, being successful and rich much like Jews!!

Also, if we move all these people and their assets out of India, India's economy will come to a halt and fell to less than half of what it currently is.

Back
Top Bottom