What's new

Why Pakistani Northerners Aren't Happy To See Pakistani Tourists

Community police..

Bhatta Mafia

The country is already suffering from having mini states within states and now you want to arm them legally?

Go away with your 17th century ideas.

Ready to bring wrath of Liberals especially Feminists?

I care more about ensuring the freedom of women to walk around without fear of harrassment than the opinions of foreigners and their paid stooges.

Locals in every area should be employed to secure their neighborhoods, and there needs to be a system of punishing youths engaged in vulgar or disruptive behavior.

I think we can learn about local governance from the former tribal areas. Local courts and local police should be from the area in which they live. Qazis should be empowered to deliver justice and investigate for themselves (instead of this impartial judiciary nonsense and bureaucratic heavy colonial British baggage.)

Taking pictures of females is fundamentally wrong. The trash thing is a minor thing that can be fixed with heavy fines like they impose in Dubai.

Taking pictures of females is fundamentally wrong. The trash thing is a minor thing that can be fixed with heavy fines like they impose in Dubai.

Actually, the problem lies with those females. If they had wore burqa then the question of misusing pictures would not arise in the first place.

"We didn't put [these warning signs] up when it was just foreign tourists," says Nazir Ali, who guards a mosque. "But when domestic tourists came, they misused the pictures. A lot of women weren't comfortable. They were scared, they don't know how the picture will be used."

Ali says the issue really emerged when residents found images of local women on social media with commentary that suggested they were not honorable. That's because the women in far northern Pakistan don't always cover their hair and they have a tradition of working in public as farmers, shopkeepers and shepherds and their girls play sports in public — a stark contrast to the far more conservative plains below and even to other communities in the mountains.

Pakistan badly needs some kind of morality police to enforce public wellbeing and social norms. Number one target should be adolescent unemployed youth who hang around bothering females. We need heavy, public punishments for these people.

In this vein, we can study Iran or the pre-MBS KSA morality police.

*typical govt/dictator advisor*
"no no no sir, it will cause a massive backlash in Western media + our population may revolt against the govt for taking away what little fun they can have."

(it's b*stards like these who never let Pakistan progress and, trust me, these are the kinds of stupid reasons that have stopped successive mil and civ govts from implementing the harsh enforcement that we need.)

sahi baat hai.. Masha"Allah aik to himat ki baat hai aap kay samnay kachray karaingay or phir manaingay bhi nahi..
pata nahi apnay ghar ki safai say kuin baghtay hain hum Pakistani goron kay washroom tak saaf ker dalay or apni sarkain nahi saaf rakhi jateen..
saaf nah karo bhai per kam az kam kachra to na karo.

Lack of personal responsibility with cleanliness is a deeper cultural issue with us.

Everyone from the rich to the middle-class have masees / kaamwalis coming in everyday to clean up their mess.
No one teaches their children to clean up after themselves - they have hired someone else to do it for them.

Any fines or hired cleanup will not do the job.

Anyone littering should be forced to cleanup their litter and the surrounding areas.
What we fear the most is personal responsibility - having to do the work ourselves.

a "Pakistani" mod gives a thumbs-up to bharati narrative. how great freedom-of-speech champs you are!

@ PakSword, if you are a bloch, sindhi, punjabi, pukhtoon in Pakistan, please go to GB or AJK and try to buy land and post the results here
I really wanted to buy land and construct a rest house with a restaurant.

But seems it's not possible.

Everyone from the rich to the middle-class have masees / kaamwalis coming in everyday to clean up their mess.
No one teaches their children to clean up after themselves - they have hired someone else to do it for them.
This is so true!

they had wore burqa
What kind of Burqa?

1 - Fully covered like Afghani style
2 - Face covering (except eyes) like Saudi style
3 - Head scarf like Irani style

jeeze! you know nothing about the "justice" dished out in erstwhile (former) FATA, do you? you just keep prescribing without knowing squat!

I mean localized justice in the form of jirga. A return to the era of Qazis, tiered authorities to oversea them. Localized, quick, affordable, and impartial justice is what Pakistan needs most.

It is a proven system which works in many countries who were not 'gifted' (by that I mean cursed) by British corruption.

Actually, the problem lies with those females. If they had wore burqa then the question of misusing pictures would not arise in the first place.

Taking photos of someone against their consent is a violation of a women's rights. There should be immediate justice for such miscreants.

Especially in our conservative society, this is never acceptable.

jirga was the worst system ever.
e.g
literal old Testament plus more
rape for rape
rape for ogling
death for any perceived slight

I know of an incident near kohat, where a man had looked at an other's daughter for a bit too long. jirga decided to "vanish" him. he vanished, after months Peshawar heard, sent a single solitary policeman to investigate. after about 2+hours ride, he arrives at the house of the sardar/chief/headman. he is welcomed, hugged, fed, fobbed off. he then sets off back, he rides few 100 yards, sound of many rifles rings out and he is lying dead full of holes.

Q: why did you do that?
A: that was revenge, he insulted our honor by interfering
Q: what was all them hugs and food about?
A: that was hospitality

Most villages in Punjab function through the jirga system too. It is a proven system.

Ofcourse the problem is that there is no oversight of jirga and qazi judgements by the state.

State should officially sanction and regulate these bodies.

I have said it in so many topics before. Now someone finally wrote about it.

Beat them up with sticks. Impose heavy penalties. Anything to change the behavior of this disgusting bunch. They litter their streets and neighborhoods. You think Northern Areas will be spared? What a darn shame.

They also don't want to pay taxes. Cry rivers when the government tries to improve economic situation. They elect Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. The list of transgressions goes on and on.

Education? These animals don't want education. They want Bollywood, Nawaz Sharif, properties and enjoyment.

The Pak mountain folks are civilised and down to earth. Whenever I go to Pakistan I don't want to stay in cities. I run off to mountains. Clean environment, educated, civilised and hospitable people.

This used to happen in Chitral. Kalash and Chitrali women now cover themselves up whenever they see tourists. They don't want to take any pictures anymore. Animals have even more manners.
Pakistan need to model after Chinese social credit system. Ever since this system,a lot of bad habits of past by the Chinese citizen are eradicted or reduce.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom