What's new

Why Pakistani Northerners Aren't Happy To See Pakistani Tourists

This isn’t about class - the fact is that the issues mentioned in the op-Ed are a reality. Arguing over whether or not it is just a matter of scale is not the point- the point is that the current pristine tourism destinations are a national resource and treasure and should be maintained in that pristine condition as much as possible. If the problem is being exacerbated by incoming domestic tourists from the South, the main focus should be on educating those tourists and applying punitive actions to prevent and minimize the issues being exacerbated by those tourists.

Why do you want to educate the southerner when the problem is of governance of the northerners?

This classicism is a remembrance of the caste system of the old that manifests itself in this thread beautifully.

Even Karachi is divided between this alleged higher civic sense as gated communities employ their own police.
Nopes, no caste or class system has been discussed on this thread.

Nopes, no caste or class system has been discussed on this thread.

Somehow you missed the point where civic ethics have been attributed to

a) people from South the lesser aryans
b) by distinguishing between them based on the lines of profession and education and culture.

You can request the government of GB to install better governance model which does not include community policing or moral policing.

Somehow you missed the point where civic ethics have been attributed to

a) people from South the lesser aryans
b) by distinguishing between them based on the lines of profession and education and culture.

You can request the government of GB to install better governance model which does not include community policing or moral policing.
Community policing can make governance effective.

Or create states within states given the fragile ethnic cohesion in the country.

Do you as a Southern Tourist know of the tribal problems out there? What if your opinion lands you in one community's prison like it happens in Sindh and Central Punjab.

This classicism is a remembrance of the caste system of the old that manifests itself in this thread beautifully.

Even Karachi is divided between this alleged higher civic sense as gated communities employ their own police.
I fully support the idea of gated communities especially in a city like Karachi since we have many random trouble makers from the poor class snatching and targeting those with mild to heavy pocket especially in posh areas. These scums need to stay away from peace loving communities.

I fully support the idea of gated communities especially in a city like Karachi since we have many random trouble makers from the poor class snatching and targeting those with mild to heavy pocket especially in posh areas. These scums need to stay away from peace loving communities.

hahahaha where only people with full bellies are considered peaceful and hungry the terrorist.

El Sidd comes and destroys those.

So just be careful what you wish for

Ew, gated suburbs are ghey, fosters white worship and western worship as usual @Desert Fox

I second that, but then again, if you look at this from a wider perspective, the community idea comes due to the community from an area in general lacking knowledge as well as lacking basic ethics even in their own villages. Take example of People from southern punjab or northern sindh, they are in general quite moral less people but then again, it all depends upon how one is raised up and their ethics. From the same area, i have witnessed very neat and ethical people as well despite lacking education. But there is a problem with some random community in general or in mass having issues with basic ethics.

No community is completely fault less. Even those having high education etc. Parhay likhe jahil bhi kam nai, and mostly tourists are those with high or medium education. So laws should be such that littering lends you a fine of 2000 PKR at least. There must be active surveillance and cameras installed.

hahahaha where only people with full bellies are considered peaceful and hungry the terrorist.

El Sidd comes and destroys those.

So just be careful what you wish for
Being hungry doesn’t justify using guns to snatch random people’s cars, mobiles and belongings as well as hard earned money. What is the qasoor of the one with filled belly for the one having reckless idea of earning haram money. Such cases should be dealt with dandas directly on heads so their brains stop functioning altogether because this addiction of snatching and robbing doesn’t go away after bails

Being hungry doesn’t justify using guns to snatch random people’s cars, mobiles and belongings as well as hard earned money. What is the qasoor of the one with filled belly for the one having reckless idea of earning haram money. Such cases should be dealt with dandas directly on heads so their brains stop functioning altogether because this addiction of snatching and robbing doesn’t go away after bails

being hungry and powerless causes kufr and you talking of petty crimes like stealing and robbing.

rich people also steal n rob for the thrill of it.

rich people practice cannibalism. i don't see you preaching austerity to them?

if you wish to live in a police state, it only means you have never understood and took freedom for granted.

Or create states within states given the fragile ethnic cohesion in the country.

Do you as a Southern Tourist know of the tribal problems out there? What if your opinion lands you in one community's prison like it happens in Sindh and Central Punjab.
Nopes, they don't create states within states.

But people should learn to keep the tourist spots clean from physical as well as moral filth.

If a local sleeps at 8:00 pm because he wants to take his sheep herd for grazing early morning, and tourists keep dancing on loud music near their homes, I will always have a problem.

If locals want to keep the area clean, and tourists are creating mess by throwing garbage around, I will have a problem.

Respect the culture, don't invade the privacy, keep the areas clean for future tourists and enjoy hospitality of locals.

Nopes, they don't create states within states.

But people should learn to keep the tourist spots clean from physical as well as moral filth.

If a local sleeps at 8:00 pm because he wants to take his sheep herd for grazing early morning, and tourists keep dancing on loud music near their homes, I will always have a problem.

If locals want to keep the area clean, and tourists are creating mess by throwing garbage around, I will have a problem.

Respect the culture, don't invade the privacy, keep the areas clean for future tourists and enjoy hospitality of locals.

You should have paid heed when i was shouting here that the government is trying to making Pakistan a public zoo.

Now give all of the people equal rights for tourism without subjecting them to prejudice or stereotype.

The boat has sailed and no one will be allowed to have community police in any part of the country. No means No Bhayya

You should have paid heed when i was shouting here that the government is trying to making Pakistan a public zoo.

Now give all of the people equal rights for tourism without subjecting them to prejudice or stereotype.

The boat has sailed and no one will be allowed to have community police in any part of the country. No means No Bhayya
Everyone should be allowed to visit.. but if anyone wants to create a problem, he should learn the lesson the hard way if a soft way doesn't prove effective.

Community police having authority of impose heavy fines is the only way. If you don't want to get a fine, don't mess around.. enjoy and leave.

being hungry and powerless causes kufr and you talking of petty crimes like stealing and robbing.

rich people also steal n rob for the thrill of it.

rich people practice cannibalism. i don't see you preaching austerity to them?

if you wish to live in a police state, it only means you have never understood and took freedom for granted.
Deep in heart, i have more hate for those haramkhors with deep pockets rather those with empty pockets. The real sickness lies with those who are greedy and money is their religion.

Everyone should be allowed to visit.. but if anyone wants to create a problem, he should learn the lesson the hard way if a soft way doesn't prove effective.

Community police having authority of impose heavy fines is the only way. If you don't want to get a fine, don't mess around.. enjoy and leave.

The police can do it. Nobody needs a tribal police on top of an already existing police which is more than efficient.

Why don't you get arrested by DHA police for an experience?

What next? IMF police to guard politicians and FATF police to secure nuclear assets.

Deep in heart, i have more hate for those haramkhors with deep pockets rather those with empty pockets. The real sickness lies with those who are greedy and money is their religion.

Money as a religion has equal value to rich and poor.

All i am asking is not to stereotype or mock the poor for stealing leftovers while the rich don't get mocked for their nakedness.

Sure play the game. The rich rely on industries in poors enclave. We shall see who wins

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom