What's new

Why Pakistan Produces Jihadists

I am waiting to see how the Pakistani Army, government and ISI plays this out. They have been in similar situations before and have done well to save and reintegrate Pakistan into the mold of an important helper.

Lets just wait and see, I remember once US became very angry with Pak when an ISI DG refused to sell military products for mujahideen back to US and US thretened to put Pak on the terrorist list. A compromise was done and the game well played out.

They also countered the 'failed state' tag very well recently in the wake of increased militancy in Afghanistan which was blamed on Pak and not on the poor military decisions of NATO.

dalits or no dalits...how does it matter to this thread ?? how does it help pakistan if there are dalits in India ??:undecided:

The Indian equation comes into this as the Indian members are milking this story, unless you did't notice that there are at least three threads running on same topic all started by Indian members.
As for Dalits, well unlike others, they never react to any mistreatment or suppression.

Firstly no sane person approves of such dastardly acts and we outrightly condemn these individuals. But let me ask you, why is it that the Israeli Army at will can go into West Bank or Gaza, kill a dozen Palestinians including women and children and walk away under the guise of self defense, but when a hopeless and desperate Palestinian blows himself up in down town Tel Aviv, it's automatically labeled a terrorist attack.

Try not to take up the cudgles for all things that you percieve as injustices together my friend. First is the issue at hand. It is not a Palestinian thing, it is a Pakistani thing.

Going by the Indian media, until yesterday, Pakistan was a failed state, today it's the epicenter of terror, but then again, in the main stream media, it's also termed as front line state against WOT, for which Pakistan has made more sacrifices in both human and utilities, than the rest combined together, this is what counts and matters at the end of the day.

Well both are true. It is evident that everything in terror has something to do with Pakistan currently and the nation is struggling to bring things under control.

It is also true that Pakistan is the frontline state in WOT and it is very important that Pakistan wins. The only thing that differs between various schools of thought is what can be this "victory".

:cheers:

New York (CNN) -- The suspect in the Times Square bombing attempt was caught as he was seeking to flee to Pakistan, a nation that analyst Fareed Zakaria calls the "epicenter of Islamic terrorism."

"It's worth noting that even the terrorism that's often attributed to the war in Afghanistan tends to come out of Pakistan, to be planned by Pakistanis, to be funded from Pakistan or in some other way to be traced to Pakistan," said Zakaria. [/url]

Epicenter of Islamic terrorism... well well well... more than 10000 pakistani inocent civilian dead because of american war in afghanistan and still we epicenter of terror..??

More pakistani soldiers have gave their lives in last 8 years in this war on terror than any other nation but still we are epicenter of terror... ??
We have faced financial loses of more than 35billions dollars just because of this war and still we are blamed....

Every day there are bombing and inocent pakistanis die but still we are blamed , isn't we pakistanis are also human as any american or european is???
Is our pakistanis blood of no worth as compared to americans??
3000 americans die and you ruin afghanistan, iraq and pakistan and kill almost a million inocent humans.. Is there any justification for these 1 million dead????

just because 3000 americans die its mean you have the authority to ruin what you think is not good for you....

and still we are epicenter of terror wow... just nonsense... if i had the authority i would have kicked these americans out of pakistan and told them just GO TO HELL.

And one last point how come this zakaria claims that every terror activity has its roots in pakistan... do remember 911 suspects were not pakistanis.. not even a single pakistani was involved in planning or caryying out the attacks,, not at any stage... they were all arabs.

Epicenter of Islamic terrorism... well well well... more than 10000 pakistani inocent civilian dead because of american war in afghanistan and still we epicenter of terror..??

More pakistani soldiers have gave their lives in last 8 years in this war on terror than any other nation but still we are epicenter of terror... ??
We have faced financial loses of more than 35billions dollars just because of this war and still we are blamed....

Every day there are bombing and inocent pakistanis die but still we are blamed , isn't we pakistanis are also human as any american or european is???
Is our pakistanis blood of no worth as compared to americans??
3000 americans die and you ruin afghanistan, iraq and pakistan and kill almost a million inocent humans.. Is there any justification for these 1 million dead????

just because 3000 americans die its mean you have the authority to ruin what you think is not good for you....

and still we are epicenter of terror wow... just nonsense... if i had the authority i would have kicked these americans out of pakistan and told them just GO TO HELL.

And one last point how come this zakaria claims that every terror activity has its roots in pakistan... do remember 911 suspects were not pakistanis.. not even a single pakistani was involved in planning or caryying out the attacks,, not at any stage... they were all arabs.

Let these people bask in their glory, this is a victory of sorts for some people.

They just want to highlight all the bad parts and not consider what has been sacrificed by us. Well two can play this game and let us see how things turn from here. The fact remains, Pakistan is vital for the end of WOT and there will be problems along the way but we will come out victorious, just as we did during the soviet invasion and other such times.

:pakistan:

The Indian equation comes into this as the Indian members are milking this story, unless you did't notice that there are at least three threads running on same topic all started by Indian members.

Are you angry on the fact that these threads are started by Indian members so you started posting off topics?? If there are more than one thread on this topic,then let the mods do what is necessary...

If you talking about Indian members milking this thread,then I can show you hundred thread being used by Pakistani members using to malign India..but still they are contributing to the thread by the posts related to topics.This is not the first time you did something like this.

As for Dalits, well unlike others, they never react to any mistreatment or suppression.

you are correct but you are talking about something happening hundreds o years ago...If you want to give example of dalits in this context then its much better not to react than react in manner that that kills innocents and you just gain bad name for your self.

Now plese do not bring up dalits or any other of your off topic trolls.

Try not to take up the cudgles for all things that you percieve as injustices together my friend. First is the issue at hand. It is not a Palestinian thing, it is a Pakistani thing.
That was just an example in reference that before pointing all fingers at Pakistan, one should also keep in mind where does the world actually stand on it's moral values.

Well both are true. It is evident that everything in terror has something to do with Pakistan currently and the nation is struggling to bring things under control.

It is also true that Pakistan is the frontline state in WOT and it is very important that Pakistan wins. The only thing that differs between various schools of thought is what can be this "victory".

:cheers:
It's also true that after getting every mis match on board under the banter of Jihad, the Americans walked away leaving all the mess in Pakistan's back yard, we are paying a heavy price for playing the host some three decades earlier, and it shouldn't come as a surprise to others that your ill doings sometimes do come calling.

[
QUOTE=hillman32;837731]Pakistan was made epi-center of terrorism by USA and other western nations during Soviet Invasion.

Jihad was launched by CIA and thousands of Jihadies were brought from all over Islamic Countries in Pak as base of operation.

Once Soviets withdrew - USA left Pakistan all the jihadis here in Pak.

Pakistan is fighting with all those misguided Jihadies now

If Pak is called epicenter of terrorism by CNN today - then it is the deeds of USA who made it like that.
[/QUOTE]

And Pakistanis got so taken in by the USA, like a kid given a lollipop that they they just did just as they were told by their American masters. Come on. Can anyone even with basic intelligence believe that.

Now at least it is time to just accept past mistakes, acknowledge responsibility manfully and finally take sincere efforts to eradicate the problem. So many years of Denial have cost Pakistan terribly.

If these pockets of extremism (large ones unfortunately) are eliminated, the biggest beneficiary will be Pakistan itself. No one else in any part of the world can grudge Pakistan that!

It's also true that after getting every mis match on board under the banter of Jihad, the Americans walked away leaving all the mess in Pakistan's back yard, we are paying a heavy price for playing the host some three decades earlier, and it shouldn't come as a surprise to others that your ill doings sometimes do come calling.

I am in your boat with the comments my friend. I agree that the doings are not only yours. You were a partner. But what is important is that there should be a resolve to win this WOT. And the "victory" should be clearly defined and it can only be "zero tolerance for any terrorist group in your country".

There needs to be a summary rejection of the extremist thinking, it has to be in your government and also in the army. Only then can be some painstaking progress in putting this Jehadi monster to bed and bring peace to the souls of the innocent Pakistani civilians that have died in this war on terror.

No quarter should be given. Any killing is terrorism whether it is a Pakistani or an Indian or a US or Israeli or any other citizen should not be acceptable. That can be the only victory. Anything short of that and this monster will morph in to another shape and still consume innocent lives, first and most of them in Pakistan.

Are you angry on the fact that these threads are started by Indian members so you started posting off topics?? If there are more than one thread on this topic,then let the mods do what is necessary...

If you talking about Indian members milking this thread,then I can show you hundred thread being used by Pakistani members using to malign India..but still they are contributing to the thread by the posts related to topics.This is not the first time you did something like this.

you are correct but you are talking about something happening hundreds o years ago...If you want to give example of dalits in this context then its much better not to react than react in manner that that kills innocents and you just gain bad name for your self.

Now plese do not bring up dalits or any other of your off topic trolls.
No it's not off topic, agreed the culprit is from Pakistan back ground but he is a US Citizen, and he tried to harm his own country of destination. Where do the Indians or India comes into equation.
As i said earlier, when an incident is Indian eccentric, it's regarded as India's internal matter, but since Pakistan is in lime light, it's free for all.
BTW, I wasn't referring to what happened a century earlier, the IPL also proved a death warrant for one such family, but i guess that's off topic.

Soul-searching in Pakistan after New York bomb plot

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — The attempted car-bombing in New York last weekend by a Pakistani-American man has prompted soul-searching in Pakistan and again raised the uncomfortable question of why the country is a breeding ground for militancy.

Pakistan is a close U.S. ally and thousands of its soldiers have been killed battling Islamist fighters since the government threw its support behind the U.S.-led campaign against militancy in the days after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

But despite the alliance, anti-American feeling runs high among many of Pakistan's 170 million people, dismayed by what they see as U.S. attacks on fellow Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan.

And although the militants have slaughtered hundreds of people in bomb attacks, many Pakistanis see old rival India as the main threat to their country and at least some Islamist fighters as potential tools in the event of another war with India.

"Why is it that all terrorist routes seem to lead to Pakistan?" the Dawn newspaper asked in an editorial on Thursday.

"It's been nearly 10 years since 9/11 and still the infrastructure of jihad in urban Pakistan, which is likely the first port of call for those travelling from foreign lands in search of jihad, has not been uprooted," it said.

U.S. prosecutors say Faisal Shahzad, 30, who was born in Pakistan and became a U.S. citizen last year, has admitted to driving a car bomb into New York's Times Square.

U.S. investigators are turning their attention to Pakistan and possible links between Shahzad and al-Qaida-linked Pakistani Taliban based in lawless lands along the Afghan border.

The Pakistani army launched sustained offensives against the Pakistani Taliban a year ago, pushing the militants out of several of their most important strongholds and killing many hundreds of fighters, according to the military.

But feelings in Pakistan are often mixed towards the militants.

"CONTRADICTIONS"

Pakistan was founded as a homeland for South Asia's Muslims in 1947 and Islamist holy war was nurtured as a national cause in pushing Soviet forces out of neighbouring Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Later, Islamist fighters battling Indian forces in the disputed Muslim-majority region of Kashmir were lionised as heroes, fighting to "liberate" Kashmiris from what most Pakistanis see as Indian oppression.

Analysts have long said that sections of the security forces see some Islamist groups as "assets" for promoting Pakistani interests in its decades-old confrontation with India and in Afghanistan, where Pakistan worries about growing Indian sway.

The liberal Daily Times said the attempted Times Square bombing had again dealt a sharp blow to Pakistan's image.

"The abortive Times Square bombing has once again exposed the inherent contradictions in Pakistan's policy of dealing with militancy germinating from its soil," the paper said.

Pakistan was likely to come under intense U.S. pressure, especially if a link was made between the Times Square bomber and the northwestern Pakistani region of North Waziristan, it said.

The army has held off a major offensive in North Waziristan, partly, analysts say, because the main militant factions there are Afghan Taliban who have not been attacking in Pakistan and could prove useful in achieving Afghan policy goals.

But North Waziristan is increasingly being seen as a refuge for Pakistani Taliban fighters bringing carnage to Pakistani streets and plotting mayhem beyond.

"Pakistan's equivocal support to the war against terror has yielded bitter fruits in the form of international isolation and terror engulfing almost the entire country," the Daily Times said.

"It is time the security establishment rethought its policy of treating certain militant groups as assets and takes prompt action against them before the U.S. loses patience and considers acting against them without involving Pakistan."
© Copyright (c) Reuters

Soul-searching in Pakistan after New York bomb plot

lol it was not cnn rather fareed zakaria hardly an authority on pakistan.

though the PAK-US relations greatly harmonized after the strategic dialogue, but one thing i wonder is How come AQ became so influential. I mean a similar kind of stuff happened in MUMBAI which fueled war btw two countries just when the PA was bashing Hard, these irhabists, i think this incident could be a ploy to divert PA's focus from bashing these millitants and hamper our relations with US,Thats all what i can think, the purpose of this incident could be.

Unfirtunately one single man can cause so much damage especially as all enemies find solace in the situation.

I am just shocked and completely dumbfounded as to why this shahzad guy would want to carry out such a thing. I have no clue as to what his motivations were and if he even thought, what the implications of his actions could be.

This is beyond pathetic for a man who had everything in life as it should be to go on to do such a thing.

Well as to some others who enjoy this, go ahead and have your fun.

Back
Top Bottom