What's new

why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?

Reaction score
Country
India
according to this map,
Muslim_percent_1909.jpg

Pakistani Punjab and Sindh was over 75% Muslim and Bengal was also 50%+ Muslim but why NW Parts of India who are Neighbours of Muslim majority Punjab and Sindh and were under Strong Muslim Rule from Arabs (Gujarat to Western MP) to Mughals for Almost 500 to 800 years undermuslim rule still retained Hindu Majority ?

West Punjab - 75% Muslim
Sindh - 75% Muslim
Kashmin- 75% Muslim

but...

Jammu - 55% Muslim
East Punjab - 55% Muslim
West UP (heartland of Afghans,Iranians and Mughals) - 55% Muslim
Rajasthan - 10% to 20%
Saurastra (west Gujarat) (jinnah's Native State) - 20% to 50% Muslim

so my question is why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?

Because Muslims didn't come and slaughter everyone of a different faith like the Europeans did at the Americas. Like it or not, that is why it is.

And that is why after the 1947 separation, the Muslim nations are parts of where the Mughals had the least influence.

Thanks for the tag.

It's simple- we had a strong social structure. Muslim rulers were able to wipe out Buddhism from Afghanistan and other parts of subcontinent, but not Hinduism. Why???
Hinduism is a way of life!!!
Those who were converted forcefully, within the subcontinent, were living a Hindu life despite following a different religion. I do not mean to offend anyone but is it not amazing that even an aethist can be a Hindu(Brahman) by virtue of his knowledge??
Which other religion allows such Liberty???
This is the reason why hindudism is one of the oldest surviving religions in the world.
But like everything, Hinduism has its pros and cons.

Last edited:
you Bangladesis are Amazing :rofl:

Thanks for the tag.

It's simple, we had a strong social structure. Muslim rulers were able to wipe out Buddhism from Afghanistan and other parts of subcontinent, but not Hinduism. Why???
Hinduism is a way of life!!!
Those who were converted forcefully, within the subcontinent, were living a Hindu life despite following a different religion. I do not mean to offend anyone but is not amazing that even an aethist can be a Hindu(Brahman) by virtue of his knowledge??
Which other religion allows such Liberty???
This is the reason why hindudism is one of the oldest surviving religions in the world.
But like everything, Hinduism has its pros and cons.
but as far as i know even West Punjab, Southern Afghanistan and Sindh was Majority Hindu and Minority Buddhist when Muslims began their Conquest of India. @Skull and Bones

There are two types of Muslims in India.

Rich and in minority .. descendents of earlier nawabs and Zamindars and defeated Hindu kings.

Poor and in majority..these are low castes Hindus who converted to Islam easily.

but as far as i know even West Punjab, Southern Afghanistan and Sindh was Majority Hindu and Minority Buddhist when Muslims began their Conquest of India
I have not contradicted it.
I merely said that Buddhism was wiped out.

Heartland of North India or say Hinduism lies in UP Bihar Rajasthan etc .Hinduism was SO strong in these area.so despite being capital of Mughals ,Hindus did not converted.

Bangladesh area was known as province full of Chandaals etc.

No one even in times of Mughals was ready to go east bengal.

East bengal was a shunting post due to bad and hazardous climate.lot of rain mud ,mosquito and malerias.

Chandaals who were barely hindus converted to Islam easily

What can I say, Muslim rulers back then were Secular and tolerant of Hindus. So what if they destroyed their temples and build mosques over them. Hindus survived to tell the tales of how benevolent and merciful these Muslim rulers were to Kafirs and idolaters.

At Partition , Many people swapped places .

Hindus in Present Pak area moved to India and Muslims living in this area of India moved to Pak
( 1 of the reasons )

In gujarat, Maharashtra and rajastan, we fought with muslims and gave them stiff resistance like nobody else. We had some exceptional warrior community who preferred to die rather than accepting their hegemony. While saving somnath, thousands of Brahmans died. Brahmins were not a warrior community but still they fought and died rather than accepting their hegemony and their religion. It is the faith in our religion and willingness to embrace death rather than leaving it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom