What's new

Why Malaysia is riskier than India, Indonesia

Yes Bumiputera is a problem in Malaysia but I dont hear anyone screaming it out as loud as those outside the country :unsure:

The Chinese are happy coz they own half of the business or even more than half...The Indians now are screaming and are practically the only ones who do are those who are jobless coz they didnt have a proper education....Yes socially this was an error...However saying Philippines is more stable coz we do business with them is a laugh!
I am not talking about this article but about what you said and how you compared it and presented it in your previous posts!

My premise is based on 2 facets: 1) personal experience in visiting Malaysia and the Philippines, 2) the social issue of Bumiputera system, and the article i shared with you and in another thread.

I am laying the facts strait to you, friend, and it is this: 1) Japan will make the Philippines into our industrial and manufacturing hub in ASEAN, 2) Japan will also continue its investments and economic relations with other ASEAN countries, 3) India is an economic partner for Japan and they provide a plethora of opportunities for investors in the IT, and manufacturing.

My premise is based on 2 facets: 1) personal experience in visiting Malaysia and the Philippines, 2) the social issue of Bumiputera system, and the article i shared with you and in another thread.

I am laying the facts strait to you, friend, and it is this: 1) Japan will make the Philippines into our industrial and manufacturing hub in ASEAN, 2) Japan will also continue its investments and economic relations with other ASEAN countries, 3) India is an economic partner for Japan and they provide a plethora of opportunities for investors in the IT, and manufacturing.

Bumiputera usually comes into play where high risk /sensitive / national interest government jobs are concerned. Don't blow it out of proportion!

There is a clear underlying bias in the decisions Japan makes - "An enemy of an enemy is a friend." Meaning anyone who is not on good terms with China, is welcomed by Japan, be it India or Philippines!

Personal experience heck if you can recognize the country flags I fly you would not have said point no.1

So you have an issue with Bumiputera but none with 2nd class citizens in the West? Everyone is playing that game but Malaysia is poked out coz it uses a different name which is in Malay means child of the soil? Have you cut off relations and pointed out these problems from the West? :pop:

Yes, Japan most certainly will why shouldnt it? Philippines is their next door neighbour and both need to rely on each other and both are allies of US...common interest mate...strategical interest! While Malaysia's ex PM was the one who kept challenging US

Japan has to invest in other countries...Brunei is exporting oil to Japan like anything! Heck doors closed there would be a big slap for Japan!

India this and that...Malaysia has little to do or care about your relationship with India :agree:

Like I said I dont deny Malaysia has a social problem but please dont ignore all the social problems of the rest of the world

:enjoy:

There is a clear underlying bias in the decisions Japan makes - "An enemy of an enemy is a friend." Meaning anyone who is not on good terms with China, is welcomed by Japan, be it India or Philippines!

Absolutely not, if we abide by such praxis, we would not develop or invest on nations that have warm relations with China ergo, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, South Korea. Even China, tho we may have territorial issues with them our bilateral trade exceeds $350 Billion. And they (China) is home to over 4,000 Japanese businesses...

So, come on, buddy.

Personal experience heck if you can recognize the country flags I fly you would not have said point no.1

So you have an issue with Bumiputera but none with 2nd class citizens in the West? Everyone is playing that game but Malaysia is poked out coz it uses a different name which is in Malay means child of the soil? Have you cut off relations and pointed out these problems from the West? :pop:

Yes, Japan most certainly will why shouldnt it? Philippines is their next door neighbour and both need to rely on each other and both are allies of US...common interest mate...strategical interest! While Malaysia's ex PM was the one who kept challenging US

Japan has to invest in other countries...Brunei is exporting oil to Japan like anything! Heck doors closed there would be a big slap for Japan!

India this and that...Malaysia has little to do or care about your relationship with India :agree:

Like I said I dont deny Malaysia has a social problem but please dont ignore all the social problems of the rest of the world

:enjoy:

Brother, i respect your point of view. And i see your point, but also consider what I'm saying. Demographics and the safety of a nation, particularly, the attractants for investors is the stability of a nation. Social stability is what attracts investor confidence. The Bumiputera system , is vestigial of an old selective concept. This would not fly by in countries in the developed world. Malaysians should have all equal rights; no preferential treatment for one ethnic group over the other.

Brother, i respect your point of view. And i see your point, but also consider what I'm saying. Demographics and the safety of a nation, particularly, the attractants for investors is the stability of a nation. Social stability is what attracts investor confidence. The Bumiputera system , is vestigial of an old selective concept. This would not fly by in countries in the developed world. Malaysians should have all equal rights; no preferential treatment for one ethnic group over the other.

You have the audacity to talk about "bumiputera" what about "gaijin"?? You think the world doesn't know what you call foreigners in Japan, or how racist you are towards them?

Ignoring Malaysia and going for Philippines has nothing to do with RISK, it's all about politics like I said earlier in post#35

Who said we're ignoring Malaysia? They are still home to over 1,000 Japanese businesses. Their social system does pose a risk for investor confidence; which increases the risk. Than compared to say Indonesia, India, and the Philippines. Indonesia and the Philippines do not a Bumiputera system.

You have the audacity to talk about "bumiputera" what about "gaijin"?? You think the world doesn't know what you call foreigners in Japan, or how racist you are towards them?

We're not talking about gaijin, stick to the subject matter, friend.

1) social stability is not what investors look at ...they look for returns...whoever gives more profit...if sending a shipment to India is cheaper who will send it to Malaysia? Bad business...

2) Bumiputera is a word blown out of proportion...May I introduce you to 1 of the questions in a common job application form in UK:

UK_ethnicity_classification_2001.png

White needs to be distinguished...even Asian needs to be broken down...Blacks and Chinese as well....

This is far from Bumiputera where even if you are a local need to answer this details! Now why distinguish the same concept in "developed" and "developing" countries? That itself answers a few of your own queries

And then UK says they provide what they call equality for all...laughable if you ask me!

When you can talk about Bumiputera, why can't I talk about Gaijin?

People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones at others!

Japan does not have a preferential system that treats segments of the Japanese population in tiers. We do not put preference for one ethnic group of Japanese over another. All Japanese Citizens are equal before the law.

Now, if you are referring to immigrants, that is another issue. As immigrants they are subject to laws and rights for immigrants.

In regards to Malaysia; it does not matter if you speak Malay, are muslim, but if you are not Malay-Malaysia, you do not get the first choice in posts in government and in the military. You could be a muslim , Chinese-Malaysian, but your muslim, Malay-Malaysian will receive the first choice.

Japan does not have a preferential system that treats segments of the Japanese population in tiers. We do not put preference for one ethnic group of Japanese over another. All Japanese are equal before the law.

Now, if you are referring to immigrants, that is another issue. As immigrants they are subject to laws and rights for immigrants.

In regards to Malaysia; it does not matter if you speak Malay, are muslim, but if you are not Malay-Malaysia, you do not get the first choice in posts in government and in the military. You could be a muslim , Chinese-Malaysian, but your muslim, Malay-Malaysian will receive the first choice.
It has nothing to do with religion actually...the system is totally based on bumiputera ....meaning child of the soil which is the Malay constitutes of 7 tribes if you wish...

Bumiputera or Bumiputra (Jawi: بوميڤوترا) is a Malaysian term to describe the Malay race and other indigenous peoples of Southeast Asia, and used particularly in Malaysia.

Back
Top Bottom