What's new

Why Jemima Khan entered into a 'benami transaction' with Imran

man, this is a non issue. Who cares what he did with his own money and in his own family.
Let's talk about Ganja league and Pee Pee Pee using public money on their mills and what not.
Why are the ganja leaugers not crying about how the ganja brothers have all these steel mills and chicken factories and what not. How about the fact that they only paid 5000 rupees in taxes?
Why is there no crying over that?

Oh right, we know why.
corrupt people will support corrupt leaders. :rolleyes:

non issue when it comes to Pti a big issue when it comes to other parties

( sorry i have FALTO TIME today so will keep on repeating ) IK used Benami to attack other parties so he should face it too
All i know IK used Benami to target other political parties and promised to banned it. He never mention the good use or misuse of it.

For example IK says he wont allow politicians to do business. Now in future if IK is found to be involved in business what will you say? He paid tax? his bussiness profited country? All this will be ir-relevant. The only relevant thing will be he attacked politicians for the same thing he did

Is that your money that was put in that house???

Shuakat Khanum, Namal, Charities, etc etc. What about these projects?

Oh, wait, that is just a illusion!

Maybe not my money but i do remember giving him charity for cancer hospital when he came to DPS high school in Lahore where i was 6th grade student ..

DO u have any record or papers of all the charity money he received over the years, and still asking for more ???

Let's just not be blind when it comes to imran khan,He is exactly like any other corrupt person in pakistan if given the chance..

BTW Jemima supports Imran all the way.. Why did they even get divorce..?

non issue when it comes to Pti a big issue when it comes to other parties

( sorry i have FALTO TIME today so will keep on repeating ) IK used Benami to attack other parties so he should face it too

Like I said, it's a non issue because no public funds were used and no taxes were evaded.
Can the other parties say the same?

THAT is the difference :wave:

Like I said, it's a non issue because no public funds were used and no taxes were evaded.
Can the other parties say the same?

THAT is the difference :wave:
When it comes to lying, PTI wins. He said he'd quit if he were involved in one. Legal or not, he didn't.

Update. The un-professional Umar Cheema with another tweet reagarding the Authenticity of the article
https://twitter.com/UmarCheema1/status/207421659794255873

AuDo5o9CMAA0Jes.jpg

Why Jemima Khan entered into a 'benami transaction' with Imran

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan who announced to quit politics in case any ‘benami transaction’ (nameless transaction) was established against him is now caught in a dilemma as his ex-wife, Jemima Khan, has hinted that the land deal in Bani Gala, Islamabad in 2004, was a ‘benami transaction’.

Not only Imran had opposed such transactions, he has been fiercely advocating a ban on them and pledged last year to do so if PTI is voted to power.

But while Jemima has mentioned a benami transaction in a document, lawyers are divided on whether the power of attorney she gave to a PTI leader fits the definition of a “nameless” transaction. The PTI spokesman has denied this on behalf of the party chairman and Imran’s legal consultant offered no comment, but Jemima’s document obtained by The News offers detail contrary to the party position in this regard.

In the sworn-affidavit, Jemima Khan says Bani Gala land measuring 300 kanals and five marlas was transferred in her name by ex-husband Imran Khan as ‘benami transaction.’

In Para-3 of her general power of attorney dated September 21, 2004, Jemima Khan had stated: “The land was transferred in my name through mutations No. 7056, 7225, 7361, 7538, by my ex-husband Mr Imran Ahmed Khan Niazi as a “benami transaction.” After the separation/divorce between me and Mr Imran Ahmed Khan Niazi, I do not intend to keep the land with me.” In the entire affidavit, no amount of money regarding this transaction has been mentioned.

When The News contacted noted lawyer Abid Hasan Manto for comments, he said if something was put on record through a power of attorney, it should be taken as a fact. “When there is a power of attorney and signature of the person concerned, it is prima facie a fact.”

Another leading lawyer Athar Minallah says by declaring that it was ‘benami transaction’, Jemima Khan has denied Imran Khan’s claim reported in the media that he borrowed money from her for purchasing the land and returned it on selling his flat in London.

“She has put him in an awkward position by stating this. The usage of ‘benami transaction’ in power of attorney (a legal document), indicates that Imran Khan paid from his own pocket but chose to register the land in his wife’s name (and it didn’t appear in his tax return details where he could have been questioned about the source of money),” Athar said.

“Also, declaring ‘benami transaction’ means that she was transferring back the property to the real owner without claiming any money (since she was not the real owner),” the leading lawyer said and added: “Once transferred back in Imran Khan’s name, it is not benami. But it was when he transferred it in Jemima Khan’s name.”

Through this power of attorney, Jemima nominated Saifullah Sarwar Khan Niazi, now PTI’s additional secretary general, as her representative in Pakistan during the course of transferring back this land to Imran Khan. Since Jemima was unable to come to Pakistan, according to her affidavit, she had stated: “I do hereby appoint Mr. Saifullah Sarwar Khan Niazi son of Imran Ahsan Khan Niazi...to appear before the Revenue Office/Registrar and get the land transferred...”

As The News approached Saifullah Niazi for comments he neither denied nor confirmed, saying it was difficult to remember something that happened long ago. However, he confirmed that the full name appeared in the affidavit is his.

By mentioning ‘benami transaction’, the ex-wife of PTI leader has raised questions about Imran Khan’s claim that he never had any ‘benami transaction’ (nameless deal) in his dealings, private or public.

According to the definition, ‘benami’ is a transaction wherein a person buys a property in the name of another person or gratuitously transfers property to another person without any intention to benefit that other person.

In a ‘benami transaction’ the property is purchased not in the name of the real beneficiary, but someone who is his/her unofficial representative (benamidar). Many politicians and bureaucrats are understood to have purchased lands and kept accounts this way.

For example, Moonis Elahi’s bank accounts/property was in the name of his wife and a servant in the NICL scam so it does not appear in his personal details, as he has to show the source of income and how the assets were amassed.

Legal experts say benami transactions are resorted to by some people either to commit fraud on creditors, to evade taxes and thus defraud the state or to avoid certain political and social risks. It also provides an opportunity for putting black money into more productive use.

In the PTI context, why Jemima used this word remains a mystery. When PTI spokesman Shafqat Mahmood was asked about this document, he responded: “The purchase of land in Bani Gala was initially paid for by his wife Jemima Khan. Imran Khan paid her back after his London flat was sold. The property was in Jemima Khan’s name and after their divorce was gifted back to Imran Khan in 2005 by his ex wife.” “It was not a benami transaction and all relevant taxes were paid. Please contact Yusuf Islam Associates in Lahore who are Mr Khan’s tax advisors if you have further questions,” the PTI leader said. When Yusuf Islam was contacted, he said he was not allowed to disclose property details. Yusuf said the PTI spokesman had already taken up this query with him and that he refused to help.

Why Jemima Khan entered into a benami transaction with Imran - thenews.com.pk

Soo What??? We will still vote for Imran Khan bcz he is the only hope, he is our hero..he is blah....blah....blah..........:hitwall::hitwall:
I expected the dumb stupid N league corrupt tout will try to raise this stupid issue already cleared by Imran Khan Mr for your information this was not benami do you even know what the hell is benami Benami is that you don't own property on your name and hide form Tax Department Sir in 2002 Imran Khan wanted to buy the land but as he didn't had money he borrowed from his wife and bought the land and as the money belonged to his wife so the Land was shifted on her name in 2003 he sold his london flat and gave the money to Jamima and in 2004 they divorced so she before going to london gave that land to Imran Khan but this is above the minds of corrupt Nawaz followers to understand because corruption has polluted their minds

And by the way TAX was also paid on that Land so how on earth that can be called benami ? N League touts please use some brain before talking

Even your dumb corrupt leaders have stopped blaming Imran Khan of corruption because they know that he is not corrupt and whole world knows this fact so now they are trying to attack his personal life so use some brain

So IK did not have enough money, borrowed some from his wife, bought Bani Gala land, sold the London flat, repaid his wife?

Why don't we just start digging up the Ittefaq groups documents and numerous mills and factories of this mafia, known as SHarif family.

As usual, It was a futile expectation from a dumb, stupid and corrupt IK supporter to read carefully first and then make a comment on it.

Another leading lawyer Athar Minallah says by declaring that it was ‘benami transaction’, Jemima Khan has denied Imran Khan’s claim reported in the media that he borrowed money from her for purchasing the land and returned it on selling his flat in London.

“Also, declaring ‘benami transaction’ means that she was transferring back the property to the real owner without claiming any money (since she was not the real owner),” the leading lawyer said and added: “Once transferred back in Imran Khan’s name, it is not benami. But it was when he transferred it in Jemima Khan’s name.”
Un-Quote

Imran make Ilzams on all other people using this pharase “Benami Transactions” and when someone shows him a mirror of his wrongdoing on the same pretext, he has no reply except that, that Benami is now rectified.:hitwall::hitwall:

Someone should state blatantly on this liar face that it was only rectified bcz of your Divorce with your foreign wife, if she still happened to be your wife….no one knows exactly how many more benami transactions are made mutually.:devil:

Back
Top Bottom