What's new

Why is UK praising and buttering India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
British are notorious for tagging along emerging nations and when moment is right they stab them from behind , and take control of all the lands - just reasearch it on history , why do you think French and Turkish ppl don't like British

Plus don't forget they were Masters not long ago

Dude keep your paranoia to yourself and since you prefer to dwell in the past stay there.

The British are a very fine set of people, they are one of the worlds leading nations, an economic power and a major contributor to the eradication of global poverty. Their global aid programme is next only to the United States in financial terms, of which Pakistan is also a recepient.

Somehow you parochial view didnt allow you to focuss on these positives and instead just concentrated on your imaginay negatives.

One thing i would like to say to myself is :

These are the same countries which termed my country as third world, land of snake charmers and land of elephants and what not.

Today for money they speak another language. This does not mean we should not trust them. But never let this get to head.

Only when this country can continue like this for atleast another decade or two and decrease the poverty and corruption can we really pat ourselves on the back.

This should be the mantra for my country and countrymen. And i think it is, the reason for which we are growing, but lot needs to be done.

So some Indian billionairs can give jobs to nanga bhoka goras

One thing i would like to say to myself is :

These are the same countries which termed my country as third world, land of snake charmers and land of elephants and what not.

Today for money they speak another language. This does not mean we should not trust them. But never let this get to head.

Only when this country can continue like this for atleast another decade or two and decrease the poverty and corruption can we really pat ourselves on the back.

This should be the mantra for my country and countrymen. And i think it is, the reason for which we are growing, but lot needs to be done.

Thats how the world or to say corporate world moves. For own interests many truth and realities are brushed under the carpet.

Its all shining

India to sign $775 million jet deal with British defence group BAE Systems

REUTERS,

NEW DELHI: British defence group BAE Systems will supply 57 Hawk jet trainers to India's air force and navy, Indian defence ministry officials said on Wednesday, a contract potentially worth $775 million.

The deal will boost British defence firms looking to break into the huge Indian defence market mostly controlled by Russian, US and Isreali companies.

New Delhi plans to spend $100 billion over the next decade to overhaul its Soviet-era defence system.

BAE will supply 40 trainer jets to the air force and the remainder to the navy.

The contract between BAE Systems and state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will be signed on Wednesday in the southern city of Bangalore, where British Prime Minister David Cameron is currently visiting, the official said in New Delhi.

"The deal is a sign of closer defence ties between the two countries," a defence ministry official said.

Cameron, who is on his first visit to India since taking office in May, leads a delegation including six ministers and more than 30 senior executives from top UK firms, to show that Britain is serious about boosting economic exchanges with the Asian giant.

The deal for 57 Hawk advanced jet trainers (AJTs) is a follow-on deal after India bought 24 such jet trainers from BAE Systems in 2008.

India says it needs at least 180 training jets over the next few years.

India's air force officials said the advanced jet trainers, fitted with engines made by Rolls-Royce Group Plc, will help Indian pilots fly new generation fighter jets.

New Delhi began field trials last August to buy 126 fighter jets in a $11-billion deal to modernise its air force. Lockheed Martin's F-16 is competing with Boeing's F/A-18 Super Hornet, France's Dassault Rafale, Russia's MiG-35, Sweden's Saab JAS-39 Gripen and the Eurofighter Typhoon, produced by a consortium, for securing the deal.

Brits have always been cunning,their nation was the most powerful earlier,but now that their "Super Power" tag has been snatched and their economy isn't growing steadily,they have made the move towards India,thats why Britain's PM's 2nd visit was India after USA.:blink:

Brits have always been cunning,their nation was the most powerful earlier,but now that their "Super Power" tag has been snatched and their economy isn't growing steadily,they have made the move towards India,thats why Britain's PM's 2nd visit was India after USA.:blink:

:partay::partay::partay::partay: they need to send another East India Company

:partay::partay::partay::partay: they need to send another East India Company

Well if they do,they aren't going to be here for long,cuz India has a stronger and bigger economy than UK and our military is also quite bigger than theirs.
:agree::partay:

A Jobless journalist of Pakistan continues to brag abuot poverty and other issues about India. That journalist is so keen over Poverty. And Interesting point to note is that One can find her Bragging in every thread related to development and praise of India. OMG!! One can imagine her jealousy, continuosly sppiting venom of Jealousy ..But still unable to find peace..I request her to go home and take a cold drink to get relief of jealous problem.

Btw Uk PM also made some interesting points which can increase the jealousy of that Journalist.

Last edited:
UK PM to ink nuke deal during India visit

British Prime Minister David Cameron has shooed aside official advice and agreed to lift a ban on the export of nuclear technology and components to India.

According to The Telegraph, British companies will be free to strike deals worth billions of pounds under the new regime which will be based on a 'presumption' that export licences will be granted for products intended for civilian use unless there are specific concerns about a deal.

The nuclear deal will be announced during the course of Cameron's three-day visit to Bengaluru and New Delhi.

It may be recalled that the last Labour government had blocked the export of nuclear technology to India on the grounds of the latter refusing to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty.

There were also concerns that, despite requests from the Americans, India had failed to ensure a proper separation of its civilian and military programmes.

The move is part of a wider push by the prime minister to strengthen trade ties and capitalise on India's rapidly growing economy.

In June, a few weeks after the coalition came to power, Vince Cable, the Business Secretary, wrote to the entire cabinet proposing that the restrictions be lifted, on the grounds that the United States had agreed to trade with India two years ago, and British firms were missing out on a multi-billion pound industry.

He suggested that Britain continue to make the case for the Indians to separate their military and civilian nuclear programmes, and under a programme of 'assessed risk', deals which raised specific concerns continue to be blocked.

Following the letter, the prime minister 'held back' relevant ministers after a cabinet meeting to discuss the matter -- and it was agreed that exports would be allowed.

Downing Street confirmed that the decision was made despite official advice from both the foreign office and the ministry of defence against it.
:chilli::chilli:

UK PM warns Pakistan over terror links

that it can no longer 'look both ways', according to a report in The Times.

Not mincing his words, Cameron said, "We should be very, very clear with Pakistan that we want to see a strong, stable and democratic Pakistan. We cannot tolerate in any sense the idea that this country is allowed to look both ways and is able, in any way, to promote the export of terror, whether to India or whether to Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world."

In a veiled reference to Pakistan backing terror organistaions, Cameron said, "It should be a relationship based on a very clear message: that it is not right to have any relationship with groups that are promoting terror. Democratic states that want to be part of the developed world cannot do that. The message to Pakistan from the United States and the United Kingdom is very clear on that point."

The British premier is expected to raise the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during their meeting in Delhi on Thursday.

Cameron later evaded queries on whether he was implying that Pakistan was sponsoring terrorism. He said that the country has had some success in tackling terror organisations, but needed to do much more.

The UK PM is also expected to relax the laws on sharing nuclear secrets with India after frantic lobbying by British industrialists, said the paper.

what do you expect him to do when in another nation, he would definately praise india, had he been in china,iraq,france he would have had prised them too, you cant speak against a crocodile when in a river, if indian PM would have had been in UK he would have had praised it too, the thread is not much productive

:)))) Because Cameron has been advised not to step on tail of Indians

Don't mention Kashmir, poverty in India, UK PM advised

IANS, Jul 28, 2010, 09.52am IST

LONDON: Look out for the "elephant traps" in India, don’t mention Kashmir and avoid patronising references to poverty. Don’t dare criticise and instead talk of the "New India".

For the past two days British media has been full of tips to Prime Minister David Cameron, who arrived in India Tuesday night, on how not to upset India if his trip is to be a success. But taking the cake is the tongue-in-cheek advice in the Financial Times reflecting on British and Indian attitudes on certain sub-continental issues.

The newspaper's columnist Alex Barker in his blog asks Cameron to look out for "elephant traps" in India.

The first is 'Kashmir', he says. Recalling controversial utterances by previous British foreign secretaries like Robin Cook and David Miliband, Barker tells Cameron: "The quickest way to turn a charm offensive into a diplomatic fiasco. The basic rule: British ministers should say nothing. Don't dare criticise, offer to help, or link bringing peace to tackling terrorism. Stray words have consequences."

The second is 'Poverty'. "More poor people than anywhere on earth. But not worth mentioning too loudly. Talk about the New India instead. Mention the aid review. A patronising tone is fatal."

The third, 'Coming over too fresh'. Barker says: "The young, dynamic, no-nonsense version of Cameron should probably be left behind. It's time to learn some manners. Indian politicians are, as a rule, double his age and four times as grand. If the meetings are stuffy, formal, overbearingly polite, that's a good thing."

The fourth is the 'Immigration cap'. The columnist writes: "A big issue for the Indian elite. Anand Sharma, the commerce minister, raised his 'concerns' earlier this month with Cameron himself. A heavily bureaucratic and stingy visa regime will not encourage Indians to work or study in Britain."

Don't mention Kashmir, poverty in India, UK PM advised - UK - World - The Times of India

Hey!!!! This article is from the indian media isnt it?

so the articles you like are true, and the rest is "indian orange media"?
:hitwall:

Article by David Cameron - British PM July 27, 2010

It's a real pleasure to be back in India. This is my third trip here and with each visit, time seems to have leaped forward by decades in just a few years. It is exhilarating to see a country growing at super-speed before your eyes. :) But I'm not just here to enjoy the energy of this country. I'm here with a very clear purpose: to renew the relationship between India and Britain — to re-launch a relationship that is stronger, wider and deeper. Both our countries have talked about it long enough. Now it's time to turn those words into reality.

To show how serious I am, I have brought with me the biggest visiting delegation of any British Prime Minister in recent memory: members of my cabinet, industry leaders, top businessmen and women, figures from the arts, sports and local government. We're all here to make the case that this deeper relationship will be beneficial not just for our own countries, but for the world.

From the British perspective, it's clear why India matters. Most obviously, there is the dynamism of your economy. In the U.S., they used to say: “Go West, young man” to find opportunity and fortune. For today's entrepreneurs, the real promise is in the East. But your economy isn't the only reason India matters to Britain. There's also your democracy with its three million elected representatives — a beacon to our world. There is your tradition of tolerance, with dozens of faiths and hundreds of languages living side by side — a lesson to our world. And there is this country's sense of responsibility. Whether it's donating reconstruction assistance to Afghanistan, peacekeeping in Sierra Leone or providing intellectual leadership in the G20, India is a source of strength to our world. :yahoo:

So it's clear why India matters to Britain. But why should Britain matter to India? I believe our two countries are natural partners. We have deep and close connections among our people, with nearly two million people of Indian origin living in the U.K. We share so much culturally, whether it's watching Shah Rukh Khan, eating the same food or watching cricket. Beyond the cultural bonds, Britain has practical attractions for India. We speak the world's language. We are still the world's sixth largest manufacturer and the best base for companies wanting to do business in Europe. We have some of the best universities in the world and we are a great hub for science and innovation. Britain still has the strengths of its history, not least our democracy, rule of law and strong institutions, but there is also the modern dynamism of the nation that helped pioneer the internet, unravel the DNA code and whose music, films and television are admired the world over. All of these things can mean opportunity for Indian investors and entrepreneurs.

So if these are the foundations of a stronger relationship, how can that relationship benefit our countries and the wider world? I believe there are three global challenges we must take on together.

The first challenge is economic. In the past couple of years, we have seen global economic turmoil. Now both our nations must ask how we can emerge from the storm stronger and more prosperous. We come at this challenge from very different angles. On any measure, India's economy is on an upward trajectory. In Britain, we're waking up to a new reality. For centuries my country assumed we could set the global economic pace. But economic power is shifting — particularly to Asia — so Britain has to work harder than ever before to earn its living in the world. I'm not ashamed to say that's one of the reasons why I'm here in India. I believe that to spread opportunity for all our people, from Delhi to Dundee, Bangalore to Birmingham, we would benefit from a common strategy for economic growth.

We must start by making our own economies as open and dynamic as possible. That's why within fifty days of coming into power, our government introduced an emergency budget to cut red tape, reduce corporation tax rates, improve our infrastructure and show that Britain is open for business. Next, both India and Britain must encourage more investment from each others' countries. Companies like Vodafone, Wipro and Infosys are showing the way — now let's go further. Yes, that means bringing together the best and brightest from both our countries through scholarships and by twinning universities. But it also means doing the more difficult thing of opening up our own economies to foreign direct investment. We have welcomed your expertise in car manufacturing :what: and steel production; and we need you to reduce the barriers to foreign investment in legal services, defence, banking and insurance.

But perhaps the biggest economic boost of all will come from more trade. EU-India trade is worth £50 billion a year already — and I'm determined we expand that by sorting out an EU and India Free Trade Agreement by the end of the year. We also need to hammer out a global deal. Agreement on Doha would add $170 billion to the world economy. Together we need to make the argument that we will only get things moving on Doha if we expand it — because when the pie gets bigger, we'll all get a greater share. So let's demonstrate our commitment by opening up our economies and showing we mean business.

The second challenge we must meet together is ensuring global security. Both India and Britain have suffered grievously at the hands of terrorists. We've worked together in the fight against terrorism before and I'm here in India to propose an even closer security relationship. This year and in 2012, Delhi and London are hosting the Commonwealth and Olympic Games. It makes sense that we co-operate closely to ensure both are as safe as possible. It also makes sense for us to share expertise on defence technology — as we've seen with the building of Jaguar and Hawk aircraft in India in recent decades. And when it comes to the security of our people, we cannot ignore what's happening in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Let me be clear: India's relations with those countries are a matter for you — and you alone. But because when we both want to see a Pakistan free from terror, when we both want to see an Afghanistan that is secure in its own right, again it makes sense that we work together to realise those interests.

The third challenge we must meet together is climate change. Decisive action is long overdue — and that must be global action, with all major economies playing their part. It's only fair that those with the longest history of carbon emissions make the biggest contribution to this. But it's also fair that the largest polluting countries contribute too. Indian action is of course different to U.K. action. We know that India's development needs mean that its energy needs and carbon emissions will have to grow. But by working together, we can help you avoid some of the high carbon mistakes we made.

So this is the case I'm making for a stronger, wider, deeper relationship between India and Britain. I have come to your country in a spirit of humility. I know that Britain cannot rely on sentiment and shared history for a place in India's future. Your country has the whole world beating a path to its door. But I believe Britain should be India's partner of choice in the years ahead. :azn:Starting this week, that is what we are determined to deliver.

Thats how the world or to say corporate world moves. For own interests many truth and realities are brushed under the carpet.

Its all shining
What else do you want Jana?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom