What's new

Why is there cultural partition between West Bengal and East Bengal (Bangladesh) since forever?

Yes you are quite correct in that Bengalis are lazy and indulge in mindless intellectualism.

Truer words can not be said.

Back in 1980s, at a foreign university, I met many Bangalis, both from Bangladesh and WB. I didn't find them to be particularly lazy or much different from other Indians and Pakistanis. So, I am not following, what is being discussed here.

Back in 1980s, at a foreign university, I met many Bangalis, both from Bangladesh and WB. I didn't find them to be particularly lazy or much different from other Indians and Pakistanis. So, I am not following, what is being discussed here.

You are correct that the similarities between the 3 countrymen far outnumber the differences.

And perhaps its my own personal failings that I am projecting here.

However, Bengalis tend to be lazy.

And they tend to pontificate about useless things.

As opposed to the German or Russian stereotypes of embracing efficiency and utility.

Bengalis are more suited for love than war.

IMO of course.

You are correct that the similarities between the 3 countrymen far outnumber the differences.

And perhaps its my own personal failings that I am projecting here.

However, Bengalis tend to be lazy.

And they tend to pontificate about useless things.

As opposed to the German or Russian stereotypes of embracing efficiency and utility.

Bengalis are more suited for love than war.

IMO of course.

If you are comparing with west, like Germany, that is an altogether different thing. But that difference is not particular to Bengali; that would be equally applicable to, for example, Punjabis, Sindhi and other North Indian ethinicities. I would say, rather to a major part of East. Classically, this is the land of imagination and fantasies; whereas Europe has traditionally been more pragmatic and practical.

no one is interested in your tatti filled country either

anyways... west bengalis are on average much more cringe than say east bengalis... but in general bengalis are cringe... and in them those who aren't are just wayy too cool for the rest

Very pleased to know that. Hope those fence jumpers Bangladeshi understand it and do their tatti in their own swamp land and make India a little more tatti free! ;)

Very pleased to know that. Hope those fence jumpers Bangladeshi understand it and do their tatti in their own swamp land and make India a little more tatti free! ;)

Please let us know when you have discovered deodorant.

Thanks.

Truth be told its a Bangaldeshi problem as well.

I would dare to say its a South Asian problem.

In that individuals case however, its getting to his senses.

Yes. I noticed that this aspect is being overemphasized, more for the pun, I believe.

if your taxpayers fence aren't doing their job then that's a shitty fence... and as for tatti... we have plenty sanitation here so don't worry about us

In Northern India(which doesn't includes WB), there is a general perception that Bengalis are the useless intellectual types. At least that's what the Bengalis of India get themselves involved in.
Communism, Marxism, TMC.....all kinds of shitty ideologies had their foothold in West Bengal. While the rest of India surged forward, these crazy intellectuals in their arrogance are still living in the mid 20th century.

A great shock and push are needed to bring these lazy people out of slumber.
A large number of Hindu reformers and philosophers are also Bengali like Sri Aurobindo and Rabindranath Tagore.
The point is that Bengalis are considered lazy who indulge in mindless intellectualism. At least this is the perception of people outside Bengal for the Bengalis.
For ex: Bengal has one of the poorest infrastructure in India and its labourers are considered lazy in the rest of India. Nobody wants to hire them. It also has a low GDP. Bengal also lacks any large scale private industry because of Marxism(an intellectual's wet dream).

Given the current state of affairs there(at least in WB), denying any value in this perception seems ludicrous.
Without a hardcore revival of the Hindutva movement in West Bengal, there is little chance of it coming out of this puddle. That time is coming soon.
Man read more, one suggestion which I can give.
The two most prominent Hindu groups acclaimed worldwide are started by Bengalis and have their headquarters in West Bengal viz, Ramkrishna Mission and the Iskon. Number of prominent Hindu reformers from West Bengal has shaped and routed the mordern Hinduism (Also outnumbered people from other parts of India). We don't vote for caste, we don't kill people marrying outside caste, neither there is a concept of untouchables.
The biggest Hindu party (BJP) in India has its origin in West Bengal and concept of RSS was shaped in Kolkata by Mr Hegde.
Trivia 1, Rabindranath Tagore was not a hindu, read more to find it.
Trivia 2, with ₹2.38 lakh crore (US$33 billion) (2019-20 est.) West Bengal is the sixth largest economy in India with ₹13.16 lakh crore (US$180 billion)
Yes we are lazy, but we are great minds. Out of 5 Nobel laureates 2 are Bengali and none of them are Noth Indians. Perhaps we produced the two best scientific minds India has ever seen. It can be prolonged, but leave it for your study.

Bengal was a strange province of British governed India. In this Indian province the eastern part was very different from its western counterpart.

Eastern Bengalis although spoke Bengali but the accent was vastly different from Western Bengalis. Its just not because of religion but Hindus of East Bengal, the ancestors of Bangladeshi Muslims spoke an entirely different accent, called 'Bangal' accent which was totally different from West Bengal accent. These Hindus of East Bengal are still called 'Bangal', not 'Bangali' because of the accent. Food habit was different between East Bengali and West Bengali Hindus.

Since there was no geographical barrier between East and West Bengal why was there always been a cultural barrier between the two?
Just a question can Shyletis understand Chitgoan language and vice versa, or both can understand the language of Kolkata?
Again food habit of Khulna/Rajsahi is same as Kumilla?

no one is interested in your tatti filled country either

anyways... west bengalis are on average much more cringe than say east bengalis... but in general bengalis are cringe... and in them those who aren't are just wayy too cool for the rest
All you wanted during Independence was land including Kolkata, we denied and won. We got more Muslim majority districts than you got the Hindu majority ones.
If you don't believe, read. So tell me who is more cringe?

With Muslim supposed to become majority in West Bengal by 2050-2060 it is for sure can happen that West Bengal marge with Bangladesh at least the Muslim majority region including Kolkata.

Bangladesh has already overtaken West Bengal economically. The gap will only widen over time. At some point people of West Bengal may find staying at the union of India will not be beneficial for them. After all West Bengal is now considered one of the bottom ranked state of India.
Please stop reading books of Humayun Kabir's Himu. It has a hallucination effect.
West Bengali Muslims will fly with wings before becoming part of Bangladesh. Believe me today I was being told by a Bangladeshi fruit seller the economic reason why he came to India.

Man read more, one suggestion which I can give.
The two most prominent Hindu groups acclaimed worldwide are started by Bengalis and have their headquarters in West Bengal viz, Ramkrishna Mission and the Iskon. Number of prominent Hindu reformers from West Bengal has shaped and routed the mordern Hinduism (Also outnumbered people from other parts of India). We don't vote for caste, we don't kill people marrying outside caste, neither there is a concept of untouchables.
The biggest Hindu party (BJP) in India has its origin in West Bengal and concept of RSS was shaped in Kolkata by Mr Hegde.
Trivia 1, Rabindranath Tagore was not a hindu, read more to find it.
Trivia 2, with ₹2.38 lakh crore (US$33 billion) (2019-20 est.) West Bengal is the sixth largest economy in India with ₹13.16 lakh crore (US$180 billion)
Yes we are lazy, but we are great minds. Out of 5 Nobel laureates 2 are Bengali and none of them are Noth Indians. Perhaps we produced the two best scientific minds India has ever seen. It can be prolonged, but leave it for your study.

Just a question can Shyletis understand Chitgoan language and vice versa, or both can understand the language of Kolkata?
Again food habit of Khulna/Rajsahi is same as Kumilla?

All you wanted during Independence was land including Kolkata, we denied and won. We got more Muslim majority districts than you got the Hindu majority ones.
If you don't believe, read. So tell me who is more cringe?

Please stop reading books of Humayun Kabir's Himu. It has a hallucination effect.
West Bengali Muslims will fly with wings before becoming part of Bangladesh. Believe me today I was being told by a Bangladeshi fruit seller the economic reason why he came to India.

West Bengals per capita GDP is lower than Bānglādesh and entire economy is just Kolkata centric. Why should anyone will choose West Bengal for economic reason. How much a fruit seller make extra in West Bengal that he needs to leave his family and friends to go to India? An illegal migrant will tell voluntarily he is illegal from Bangladesh? Stop making up stories!!

Also to be duly noted here that sanitation issue in India is almost solved. It's time now for countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh to learn from India how to quickly achieve this milestone.

The National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2018-19, conducted by an Independent Verification Agency (IVA) under the World Bank support project to the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G), has found that 96.5% of the households in rural India who have access to a toilet use it. The NARSS also re-confirmed the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status of 90.7% of villages which were previously declared and verified as ODF by various districts/States. The survey was conducted between November 2018 and February 2019 and covered 92040 households in 6136 villages across States and UTs of India.

The key findings of NARSS 2018-19 are as follows:

• 93.1% of households were found to have access to toilets during the survey period (the corresponding figure as per the SBMG MIS in November 2018 was 96%)
  • 96.5% of the people who had access to toilets used them
  • 90.7% of villages which were previously declared and verified as ODF were confirmed to be ODF. The remaining villages also had sanitation coverage of about 93%
  • 95.4% of the villages surveyed found to have minimal litter and minimal stagnant water
http://pib.nic.in/PressReleaseIframePage.aspx?PRID=1567486

Sanitation is a big issue in SA and instead of gloating about it, face the reality that you(Pakistan and Bangladesh) fare worse than India. Infact, India has achieved almost full sanitation thanks to Swacch Bharat.

Some people here cannot think beyond toilets...tells a lot about them ;)

Also to be duly noted here that sanitation issue in India is almost solved. It's time now for countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh to learn from India how to quickly achieve this milestone.

The National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2018-19, conducted by an Independent Verification Agency (IVA) under the World Bank support project to the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G), has found that 96.5% of the households in rural India who have access to a toilet use it. The NARSS also re-confirmed the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status of 90.7% of villages which were previously declared and verified as ODF by various districts/States. The survey was conducted between November 2018 and February 2019 and covered 92040 households in 6136 villages across States and UTs of India.

The key findings of NARSS 2018-19 are as follows:

• 93.1% of households were found to have access to toilets during the survey period (the corresponding figure as per the SBMG MIS in November 2018 was 96%)
  • 96.5% of the people who had access to toilets used them
  • 90.7% of villages which were previously declared and verified as ODF were confirmed to be ODF. The remaining villages also had sanitation coverage of about 93%
  • 95.4% of the villages surveyed found to have minimal litter and minimal stagnant water
http://pib.nic.in/PressReleaseIframePage.aspx?PRID=1567486

Sanitation is a big issue in SA and instead of gloating about it, face the reality that you(Pakistan and Bangladesh) fare worse than India. Infact, India has achieved almost full sanitation thanks to Swacch Bharat.

Some people here cannot think beyond toilets...tells a lot about them ;)

https://www.dw.com/en/india-toilets-countryside-defecation/av-47303674

This report is only a few months ago finds Modi government stats on toilets are lies.

Yes you are quite correct in that Bengalis are lazy and indulge in mindless intellectualism.

Truer words can not be said.
I can not speak for West Bengal Bengalis. They may have their faults to give such impression in rest of India.

But Bangladesh? How can you say Bangladeshi people are lazy? In which way?

Our 50% people are farmers, they made Bangladesh of the the biggest producers of Agri products in the world engaging in non-mechanized farming. Are they lazy?

Our 4 million Garments workers working day and night in difficult working condition in garments factories. Are they lazy?

Our 10 million overseas workers spread to the end of the world doing all kind of hard works and sending 8th largest remittance in the world to Bangladesh. Are they lazy?

Our at least 4-5 million non motorized transport workers(Rickshaw, Cycle Van) engaged in most physically demanding job in the world. Are they lazy?

Our 38 percent women engaged in some form of earning jobs after managing their household chores. Are they lazy?

Our Industrial workers, intrepreuners, small businessmen are behind the rapid Industrial and service GDP growth in Bangladesh now enjoying. Aren't they intelligent and industrious?

All the hard working jobs in Bangladesh are done by Bangladesh people. Such as constructions. We do not import foreign labor to do our physically demanding jobs. Is this the culture of laziness?

So tell me how Bangladeshi Bengalis are lazy and engaged in mindless intellectualism?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom