What's new

Why is South Indian food different from North Indian food?

Most of the non Veg curries of North and South are similar.

Break fast varies hugely from North to South.

Veg Thali has some changes , In Northern one can find wheat chapatis or pulkas , In South these are absent in the menu in most areas. Apart from the most of the veg curries and thalis are similar.

Sweets and Desserts vary as well.

in vietnam u will find snake blood toast....
in restaurant thwy bring live snakes and cut its head in front of the customers....and they drink its blood.....
its refreshing energy drink.....good for night....:D:D

Food fest me usne live snake ka pehle head chop kiya . . fir boiling water me dal ke nikala to skin nikal gaya sara . . fir chhota pieces me chop kar ke lettuce ke sath dal ke diya . . or sauce of cheese :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Most of the non Veg curries of North and South are similar.

Break fast varies hugely from North to South.

Veg Thali has some changes , In Northern one can find wheat chapatis or pulkas , In South these are absent in the menu in most areas. Apart from the most of the veg curries and thalis are similar.

Sweets and Desserts vary as well.

No no no . . aapka analysis galat hai . . North and south authentic curry base me bohot antar hota hai :agree::agree::agree:

bro these things are useless to me..I am veg...
aur what u eat in veg.....and hw imp is fish is BD cuisine

Oh... Whoa you are really vegetarian! Where are you from btw? Yeah fish is important, but I don't know what you mean by important... You mean part of our staple diet? Yes but not always. Because we also eat other kinds of stuff. We do consume fish a lot (especially the Rural population) and there are also many, many others who don't. And we like Mach bhajji (fish fries) too and also Macher torkari (fish curry) is really popular as well! These are one of our specialities. :P

Last edited:
No no no . . aapka analysis galat hai . . North and south authentic curry base me bohot antar hota hai :agree::agree::agree:

South India has more spices compared to North.

Some people in the North like in Rajasthan do not use garlic or Onion. Apart from the Curries and Rasams and all are of similar cooking styles.

South Indian food for bfast is amazing

my favorites:

Idli
Vada
Pongal
With the coconut chutney. Best breakfast ever!

(When at home I usually gorge on aloo/gobi parathas with malai/butter/dahi, which I guess is very unhealthy but cant help it, Im addicted to them)

South Indian lunch, they call it "meals" here, very very heavy, with lots of rice, unlimited rice infact. Different curries and veggies which are impossible to name (The fried veggies are good). Eat with hands. Curd/dahi is a must otherwise your stomach will :flame::flame: after a while.

Back
Top Bottom