What's new

Why is Pakistan's missile program not as diverse?

There were some reports sensitive materials or documents found casually or computers getting stolen with documents...

From time to time such reports appear..
It should not, but unfortunately it has.

Well, if such sensitive documents can reveal information as to the goings on, which end up being much more than what is assumed.. what would be the reaction?

Well, if such sensitive documents can reveal information as to the goings on, which end up being much more than what is assumed.. what would be the reaction?
Public reaction or Government reaction or Military reaction?

Would it EVER be in any Indian project.. say the Nirbhay..that the dev code for its initial guidance algo sits on a hard-drive outside the premises.. say next to personal pictures and torrented movies?

Incidently Oscar,nirbhay was designed by ADE bangalore,it is perhaps the first missile to be designed outside hyderbad and in bangaore(the patent capital of India).Now ADE is the lab solely responsible for develpoing un-manned aerial vehicles,their guidance and control and so on.While there have been instances that newly designed tactical prahar/pragati missile was left unattended at seol seaport(thankfully the missile was a dummy) however i dont think a HD filled with development codes,various algorithms will be left attended and casually the way you just pointed out.
As for the gyros,i can probably post couple of interviews and research documents(available in public domain) regarding the FOG and RLG that have been designed at RCI hyderabad and used in almost all of the missiles.
I was merely trying to discuss the aspect of "HOW" will certain technological constraints be achieved by Pakistan given the lack of research and industrial maturity.And future development prospects.

On a lighter note,today hon'ble defence minister was grilled in indian parliament regarding the funding of DRDO and he briefed the parliament(in a written reply) that the yearly budget of DRDO this year will be $3.1-$3.5bn. It is sometimes frustrating when you cant simply obtain information(public domain) regarding various aspects of pakistani labs or system(like the way you'd normally get in india).A lot of civilian mechanism and bureaucratic procedures that we take for granted in india simply do not exist in pakistan!

Last edited:
Any reaction
Public - surprised and newsworthy but wont become a big scandal.
Government - Damage control, but only minor incremental changes of protocol - which will lead to effective changes for a few months and then back to sloppy selves.
Military - swift control and reduction in access to sensitive computers.

Sadly, we have a pathetic computer access/security system across the Government and Military.

@Oscar,

speaking about nirbhay,it just came to my mind instantly- engine! now since pakistan has been producing baburs for quite some time now,how do they source their miniaturized gas turbine engines ?given the fact that there are no current gas turbine research projects going on in pakistan. here i would like to mention that over in bangalore there are two gas turbine projects going on concurrently-
(a) GTRE's
(b) HAL's.
GTRE's miniaturized GT belongs to 400kgf thrust of miniaturized turbofan engine and fair amount of trials have been conducted and research papers produced

Incidently Oscar,nirbhay was designed by ADE bangalore,it is perhaps the first missile to be designed outside hyderbad and in bangaore(the patent capital of India).Now ADE is the lab solely responsible for develpoing un-manned aerial vehicles,their guidance and control and so on.While there have been instances that newly designed tactical prahar/pragati missile was left unattended at seol seaport(thankfully the missile was a dummy) however i dont think a HD filled with development codes,various algorithms will be left attended and casually the way you just pointed out.
As for the gyros,i can probably post couple of interviews and research documents(available in public domain) regarding the FOG and RLG that have been designed at RCI hyderabad and used in almost all of the missiles.
I was merely trying to discuss on the aspect of "HOW" will certain technological constraints be achieved by Pakistan given the lack of research and industrial maturity.And future development prospects.

On a lighter note,today hon'ble defence minister was grilled in indian parliament regarding the funding of DRDO and he briefed the parliament(in a written reply) that the yearly budget of DRDO this year will be $3.1-$3.5bn. It is sometimes frustrating when you cant simply obtain information(public domain) regarding various aspects of pakistani labs or system(like the way you'd normally get in india).A lot of civilian mechanism and bureaucratic procedures that we take for granted in india simply do not exist in pakistan!

Not a dummy I think.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/upa-pragati-weapon-system-pakistan/1/376141.html

Pragati and the medium-range surface-to-air Akash missile to Seoul, it had specifically mentioned "Pragati missile system (actual system)". With Antony giving his approval, the complete missile, without the warhead, was sent to the exhibition.

Oh! Thank God then!!

Generally I don't think anyone would display live missile or bomb in a aero showroom.. Than can compromise safety in a international meeting..

I was shocked initially when I heard live missile was left unattended..
Losing the state secret is something , imagine if somebody decides to blow up when the show is going on..

How about Pakistan faces only one type of threat and that too is not very far away ?
One of our "partners" is not far from becoming from partner to "adversary". Presler Amendment, sanctions? Thats whats coming after the conclusion of the Afghan war and after we are not needed.

We need nuclear weapons with a reach much further. US is aggressive in promoting its interests. It created a missile defence program in Poland while declining the right to Russia to establish a nuclear base in Cuba. In the future our enemy might not only be India but a much bigger power too.

@amardeep mishra

Are you absolutely sure you do not disclose any classified information here

Are you bound OR not bound by any written undertakings not to divulge classified information

@amardeep mishra

Are you bound OR not bound by any written undertakings not to divulge classified information

The guy is talking about publicly published papers and his whole argument is based on that. So where does classified information comes into picture.?

@amardeep mishra

Why people are asking this question ,
I am absolutely in no position to identify whether classified info was posted,

When people ask him that, it indicates person asking it, is capable of understanding or holding such info s.

Which in turn is getting exposed...

@amardeep mishra

Posters from seminar in IIT s classified or in public domain?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom