What's new

Why is Pakistan not developing like many countries

Pakistan has only one problem and that is overpopulation but no politician speaks about this problem. Overpopulation is mother of all other problems

In 1950s and 60s population of France Germany and UK was higher than Pakistan in 2021 Pakistan is 4 times more populated than these countries.

Population of India was more than 10 times higher than Pakistan in 50s and 60s today it is only 7 times higher than Pakistan

Population growth from 1951 to 2017
View attachment 797053
If Pakistan has a population problem then India nad China have 10 times the problem but it hasn't stopped them from growing economically. This is a cheap western view of the problems they cause through economic interference and supporting corrupt Pakistani politicians.

If Pakistan has a population problem then India nad China have 10 times the problem but it hasn't stopped them from growing economically. This is a cheap western view of the problems they cause through economic interference and supporting corrupt Pakistani politicians.
Title got changed - mods did it
He said overpopulation is becoming an issue, and is slowly becoming more and more of an issue from the 80s

that we need to stop rn

Original title was more focused on overpopulation being an issue - than the broad issues that come under the title
This title isn't exactly representative of what he wanted to convey
As much as I know, we British Bangladeshi's also used to rank near the bottom, even behind Pakistani's before the late 2000s. But that got turned around really quickly. Bangladeshi's are doing pretty okay now, 3rd best ethnic group (at least the major one), behind Chinese (league of their own) and Indians. I think the rate of improvement of Bangladeshi students is also among the highest. But we need to go much higher.

I think one of the major factors for this change was investment in schools in London, where Bengali's tend to concentrate the most. Bengali-rich areas in London had some of the worst performing schools in the country. And now, they are one of the best performing schools in the country. So investment definitely made an impact.

And being in London, as the Bengali communities have much better access to more investment and funding than say Bradford (Pakistani-rich, underperforming schools).

Migration patterns between different ethnic groups also has an influence. The British Bengali and Pakistani diaspora came from agricultural backgrounds. They were virtually invited by the British government to fill very low skilled labour jobs due to manpower shortages in the 50s and 60s. Indian migration is a lot different. They tend to originate from much wealthier metropolitan districts, or from the African pseudo colonies (Kenya, Uganda etc).

In the US it's a lot different. Pakistani elites (at least compared to the sorts that ended up in the UK) tend to settle there. And unsurprisingly, tend to be fairly successful. FAR more successful and wealthy than their UK counterparts (even if we normalise the quality of life, income differences between UK/US).

But I do think there is definitely are multiple cultural factors. If your family lacks an intellectual culture, you're far less likely to pick it up from anywhere else. I came to the UK aged 8. We were dirt poor, near poverty level, both parents had to work to put food on the table. Non-the-less, we came from an educated family from back home that always emphasised education. My dad told me as brown folks, our only currency in this country is our education and merit. We have to work 10 times harder than everyone else just to be on the same playing field. And that was a tremendous advantage on my part. None of the kids I grew up with had parents that pushed them as hard. Either they were entitled, or had very low expectations, or both.
Not "elites" vast majority are middle class folks- some old folks from the 70, 80s are working class
Elites won't come to bloody US- much better places to enjoy life in

Last edited:
Its state policies, blaming sheeps is oxymoron. GDP growth was least of state worries since 1947. No democracy and elite capture of state mean we are not going to change. But TLP will take care of military-political elite soon enough.

TLP is mainstream punjab based extremist group, hard to take on them unlike TTP on boderlands. Bajwa literally pissed in his pants when asked to do operation against TLP. So unless elite capture of the state ends, TLP will burn this country down in coming years.

If people start paying taxes that would be a good start. If people in Pakistan payed tax you would NOT need to take loans from other countries.

This thread was originally about overpopulation in pakistan
title changed

Last edited:
If Pakistan has a population problem then India nad China have 10 times
.... no? Europe also has 1 billion people, do you think they've a population problem too? you do realise they're much larger and had a slower rate of growth? compare the population of Pakistan in 1950 and today, and so the same for India and China. where they've grown 3× or 5×. the total fertility rate etc.

India and China both have (or had for China), but the management was better. China's was much better. none are anywhere near "10 times worse". even Bangladesh is doing better than Pakistan. it had slightly more population than Pakistan in 1971, but now has 40 million (of 60 million?) less people.

.... no? Europe also has 1 billion people, do you think they've a population problem too? you do realise they're much larger and had a slower rate of growth? compare the population of Pakistan in 1950 and today, and so the same for India and China. where they've grown 3× or 5×. the total fertility rate etc.

India and China both have (or had for China), but the management was better. China's was much better. none are anywhere near "10 times worse". even Bangladesh is doing better than Pakistan. it had slightly more population than Pakistan in 1971, but now has 40 million (of 60 million?) less people.

I beg to differ here.. Europe is first of all not 1bil but rather 750m..

The population boom in Pakistan is one of the greatest blessings to happen to this country I necessarily don't see things from the same glass view as some of the lesser in this thread.

I am more pragmatic besides I don't jump to conclusions without measuring it first.

One of our greatest handicap were population since partition but thank god we increased today by the grace of god and may he increase us further. I would prefer another huge jump from 2020 to 2050 like in the 150-200m range which is an over-kill but would be a preferred target.

Honestly after reading this thread it just sealed my suspicion that many layman post on PDF nothing surprising. I have even spoken to some before chosing economy over strength or thinking the two is always interlinked etc etc.

South Korea would have become a superpower now if economy solves everything or Germany by now.. But nah that is not it my brothers you are digging for gold in the wrong hole. I know what is Pakistan's issues but if I were to say some might take it wrong.

Example we must limit barelvism in Pakistan and increase non-denominational sunnis, Salafis, and Deobandis in the government higher ups and including the military and you may ask why because barelvism doesn't fit the job ahead nor instills the mental fortitude needed.

This reconstrustion of Pakistan will insha-allah happen on the street level first and slowly by the mid 2030s to late 2030s all form of barelvism is out of the government, parliament and military..

We need meritocracy and Pakistan is not the place for the weak period and in the future Insha-allah we will initiate a revolution to take over the whole of the subcontinent we need only the strong hence we will have to side line our barelvi brothers and no hard feelings because I just don't think they are cut out for the job period. We need the ultra strong exclusively.... The Ghoris and the Khalid banu Walids of the world

Last edited:
I beg to differ here.. Europe is first of all not 1bil but rather 750m..

The population boom in Pakistan is one of the greatest blessings to happen to this country I necessarily don't see things from the same glass view as some of the lesser in this thread.

I am more pragmatic besides I don't jump to conclusions without measuring it first.

One of our greatest handicap were population since partition but thank god we increased today by the grace of god and may he increase us further. I would prefer another huge jump from 2020 to 2050 like in the 150-200m range which is an over-kill but would be a preferred target.

Honestly after reading this thread it just sealed my suspicion that many layman post on PDF nothing surprising. I have even spoken to some before chosing economy over strength or thinking the two is always interlinked etc etc.

South Korea would have become a superpower now if economy solves everything or Germany by now.. But nah that is not it my brothers you are digging for gold in the wrong hole. I know what is Pakistan's issues but if I were to say some might take it wrong.

Example we must limit barelvism in Pakistan and increase non-denominational sunnis, Salafis, and Deobandis in the government higher ups and including the military and you may ask why because barelvism doesn't fit the job ahead nor instills the mental fortitude needed
They're not blowing themselves up though...

Like your worldview is from millitary- it doesn't work that way especially in this day and age

We need qualified, educated 100-150 million population with all that resources

Overdoing this is making you just another overpopulated hard to manage country

A India or China with 700 million is a much better country in terms of quality of life and a stronger country
Chinese were not idiots to cut down Thier pop

A large population is a growing economy’s greatest asset. Population automatically shrinks in the advance stages. People should stop worrying about artificially shrinking the economy and creating the coming that allows everyone to contribute. Corruption is the real problem here

They're not blowing themselves up though...

Like your worldview is from millitary- it doesn't work that way especially in this day and age

We need qualified, educated 100-150 million population with all that resources

Overdoing this is making you just another overpopulated hard to manage country

A India or China with 700 million is a much better country in terms of quality of life and a stronger country
Chinese were not idiots to cut down Thier pop

China is regretting severely cutting down their population and it was a miscalculation on there part. Talk to Chinese nowadays they will tell you a different story.

I wanna win the war and than I will have my fill and wealth I could sacrifice great economy for a thriving economy like the current one as long as I focus on my military and I win this is my priority and the economy we have now is enough to get me there.

The chellenge will become how to separate the barelvis without causing disharmony but doing it slowly and peacefully just replacing them with a more capable and forward going element that is aggressive geopolitically

Last edited:
China is regretting severely cutting down their population and it was a miscalculation on there part. Talk to Chinese nowadays they will tell you a different story.

I wanna win the war and than I will have my fill and wealth I could sacrifice great economy for a thriving economy like the current one as long as I focus on my military and I win this is my priority and the economy we have now is enough to get us there.

The chellenge will become how to separate the barelvis without causing disharmony but doing it slowly and peacefully just replacing them with a more capable and forward going element that is aggressive geopolitically
Your worldview needs to change for you understand overpopulation as an issue

If you're starting with "how to win the war" or literally salafist whose ideology inspired isis are better than your homegrown, native isalmic ideology because

They're geopolitically more "aggressive" than I mean your whole presepctive on life and nation building/statecraft is way on the other side of mainstream

Not to forget tlp is a reaction caused by increasing influence of deoband/salafist despite not being the majority
So this strategy is pretty much a failure
A large population is a growing economy’s greatest asset. Population automatically shrinks in the advance stages. People should stop worrying about artificially shrinking the economy and creating the coming that allows everyone to contribute. Corruption is the real problem here
Turkeys second largest river dried up, Iranian are having water issues

Our ground reserves are running dry, climate change will affect us the most

And you want us to grow our population in this environment?

Last edited:
Your worldview needs to change for you understand overpopulation as an issue

If you're starting with "how to win the war" or literally salafist whose ideology inspired isis are better than your homegrown, native isalmic ideology because

They're geopolitically more "aggressive" than I mean your whole presepctive on life and nation building/statecraft is way on the other side of mainstream

No you got it wrong just because you are salafist doesn't mean you are ISIS the entire gulf-Egypt-Jordan-Tunisia-Sudan are Salafists including their leaders that doesn't mean anything..

I mentioned 3 groups non-denominational Sunnis, Salafis, and Deobandis to step forward since this thread is about solving an issue that is where the real answer lays.

All the muslim expansionism were created by these 3 elements in fact they are just one element with 3 different names in reality. Majority in Pakistan are just non-denominational Sunnis specifically the secular and non-religious they are non-denominational.

barelvism, Sufism, Shism etc etc all that was never suited because of the way they are bulit they are more shrine occupied and don't do much constructive work when it matters most I mean historically nor are they capable geopolitically except causing damage to themselves they are much internal focussed nor has the mental fortitude required. I don't view the Barelvis negative and see them harmless within the society itself..

But it is always better to hunt with your dog rather then cat I am coming from a strictly pragmatic point of view

Last edited:
Pakistan has only one problem and that is overpopulation but no politician speaks about this problem. Overpopulation is mother of all other problems

In 1950s and 60s population of France Germany and UK was higher than Pakistan in 2021 Pakistan is 4 times more populated than these countries.

Population of India was more than 10 times higher than Pakistan in 50s and 60s today it is only 7 times higher than Pakistan

Population growth from 1951 to 2017
View attachment 797053

Because according to jahil awam best way to become good muslims is to make as much kids as possible. They have no concept of quality over quantity. This is such a sensitive issue that no politican would want to talk about due to fear of losing votes... i mean which horny pakistani men want to pull out at the last minute?

because lets be honest one ethnic group dominates the rest it is not balanced and healthy.
plus corruption is part of life and everyone wants to be king or prince wa n ker.
nobody wants to help each other unless pesay involved.
One majority ethnic group which u r talking about is actually the most suppressed majority anywhere in the world. Punjab grows 95% of essential food commodities... which we consume locally and export. Textile , pharmaceuticals, sports equipment are our major exports which are all produced in Punjab. GDP contribution of punjab vs what is spent on Punjab is seriously on short we literally feed all other provinces with food and money... the myth that Karachi collects 70% of revenue is false as Karachi because of its port is like a checkout counter of all export s and imports duties. But those export commodities are all produced in punjab. Coming to the subject. We tends to forget that for last 35 years we have been part of a war in one way or the other.. Ours is literally a war torn economy. No matter we like it or not it would take 2 3 decades of consistent effort to turn it around. I hope we are wise enough as a nation to be patient and persistent. the other menace that we have right now is corruption in all institutions. This thing is an existential crisis. If we failed to curtail it there is a risk Pakistan might seize to exist. that's a major threat right now

If Pakistan has a population problem then India nad China have 10 times the problem
Population of China was 16 times higher than Pakistan in 1951 in 2021 it is only 7 times higher
I wanna see fertility rates by ethnic background...
90pisxdki5631.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom