What's new

Why is Nawaz Sharif bending over to Indians?

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
I would love to know the rationale of repeatedly weakening your bargaining position by saying we should unilaterally award Visa-free entry to Indians and unilaterally pullback forces from Siachen?

People said he has learned politics but hes still the same. Spies would come in by Visa free entries and of course pullback to where? K2?

I would love to know the rationale of repeatedly weakening your bargaining position by saying we should unilaterally award Visa-free entry to Indians and unilaterally pullback forces from Siachen?

People said he has learned politics but hes still the same. Spies would come in by Visa free entries and of course pullback to where? K2?

If you choose to view things through a prism of hostility, then yes, you'd see more RAW agents and evil Indian terrorists and James Bonds sneaking across the border. If you choose to look at it objectively, u'd see the enormous potential of trade and friendship with India that Pakistan can take advantage of and prosper. It all depends on how u choose to perceive things.

Not that we can't do without Pakistan either. We can afford to completely pass over u guys and still our growing economy will not be affected. Nawaz Sharif probably knows that such friendship and warming of ties is in Pakistan's best interest and he's just taking those steps to make it work.

A good leader is a person who leads the masses in correct direction taking unpleasant decisions not the other way round, where a bad leader just follows what masses want.

The issue is UNILATERALLY. India doesn't give us squat and we give India everything.

Yes that is because it is you guys who are taking the initiative and any such initiative is of more benefit to Pakistan than it is to India. Given the current state both our nations are in, we would not benefit much by giving you guys any such concessions. This is not the 70s or even the 80s mate, where Pakistan's position in the world was alot stronger and the benefits of having a good relationship with you was alot more visible. Its 2012, you guys have lost out plenty on the global scene and given the current state of affairs, India does not need to go out of her way to please u. That's the ground reality of the situation. That is also the reason why u don't see India taking much effort this time in warming ties. We are just going along with and monitoring whatever it is you are doing but if it is strictly not in our interest, then its a firm 'No'.

The issue is UNILATERALLY. India doesn't give us squat and we give India everything.

What exactly did you give us ? Are you referring to......... Four wars ? Bangladeshi refugees ? Afghan refugees ? Fake currency ? Mumbai massacre ? Kashmir insurgency ? Maoist weapons ? I could go on about Pakistani generosity but that is beyond the scope of this forum and thread.

Meanwhile, almost all positive and "credible" peace initiatives have been extended by India over the last 65 years, which never really saw the light owing to the collective thick-headed-ness and false egos across the border.

Regards,

this is bcoz you just done and you are telling we changed visa rules.

and i'm happy that raise this issue fighting with each other will never resolve any issue. we can friends like before 1947.No third party can resolve our issue

What exactly did you give us ? Are you referring to......... Four wars ? Bangladeshi refugees ? Afghan refugees ? Fake currency ? Mumbai massacre ? Kashmir insurgency ? Maoist weapons ? I could go on about Pakistani generosity but that is beyond the scope of this forum and thread.

Meanwhile, almost all positive and "credible" peace initiatives have been extended by India over the last 65 years, which never really saw the light owing to the collective thick-headed-ness and false egos across the border.

Regards,

What do you mean give you? Do you not understand what is clearly written that this is a proposal from Nawaz Sharif TO give you something, or you were bored and hadn't part-taken in any nautanki for a while so decided to go on a rant?

this is bcoz you just done and you are telling we changed visa rules.

and i'm happy that raise this issue fighting with each other will never resolve any issue. we can friends like before 1947.No third party can resolve our issue

Read people, according to NS's proposal India won't be giving us visa-free entry.

Nawaz holds a lot of investments in India via proxies and nominations. Much of his business partners in KSA are Indians. Hence he is bending over for his own benefits nothing else. I speak this with authority as his factory in Jeddah is our customer for various engineering products.

If you choose to view things through a prism of hostility, then yes, you'd see more RAW agents and evil Indian terrorists and James Bonds sneaking across the border. If you choose to look at it objectively, u'd see the enormous potential of trade and friendship with India that Pakistan can take advantage of and prosper. It all depends on how u choose to perceive things.

Not that we can't do without Pakistan either. We can afford to completely pass over u guys and still our growing economy will not be affected. Nawaz Sharif probably knows that such friendship and warming of ties is in Pakistan's best interest and he's just taking those steps to make it work.

So to get better relations with India, hand them over K-2? Indians itne bhi achay nahi hain.

Nawaz is not famous for his extraordinary intellect. It seems that this fool wants to have at least one moosa colony, lalookhet and MQM in every town of this country.

Sir, your apprehensions are quite right, I feels in the same way BUT

the reality is that “WE” have strategically taken positions against USA and its policies, I don’t see any normalization of relationship with US any time in near future, the mode and signals coming from both countries and from their diplomatic circles are the same…hardening of positions.

In this backdrop, our establishment is pursuing a strategy with low or no conflict with India as long as it takes (which understands by US as well, Clinton opt to press Pak from India.. is not a co-incidence), NS statements and gestures in this regards are only in compliance of it with the tacit guidance and approval from “Top”. It’s good to see, both NS and establishment working together for the betterment of country while at the same time at loggerheads over agencies political involvement to the core.

There is simply no way for both of them to turn away from each other in an absolute manner :coffee:

In the matter of trade, you can consider it to be delayed reciprocation. India had given MFN long back.

As regards Siachen, it could be a delayed recognition of the fact that the Pakistani maximalist position, by which North is supposed to mean North-East, is unsustainable.

Nawaz Saharif is not the wise and intelligent person. One day. He says something, Otherday he says differently, One day he attacks on Supreme court, Other day he becomes hero for Supreme court, One day he supports dictators, other day he supprots democracy.
Its All about self Ego and self interest.
Don't take his statement seriously, he is hijacked by his party and other traitors.

Back
Top Bottom