What's new

Why Is Indian Food So Popular All Over The World?

Just out of curiosity, do Indians eat pork? I've seen Indian dishes with beef but never seen one with pork in my life.

No,
Majority of Indian Don't eat Pork... Pork are not served anywhere in India except Kerla/North East and Goa... Except these 3 places you need to work very hard to find pork shop...

In India Pork is not cultivated in farm as it is done in West.

@Beef: Beef too is not common in India, one can find beef only in Muslim area. In India Muslim live together, they have their own small area in each city, one can find beef in those area only... or I can say Beef are available explicitly in "Muslim shop"..

Mutton, chicken and ficsh are very common in India, one can find it at every nook and corner...

Thank guys, very surprising to be honest. Eaten in many Indian restaurants and Indian house yet never seen a pork dish.

Tastiest food? I've never eaten pork before so wouldn't know how it taste :lol:

Don't think any one cooks pork at home though. Rarity in north India. But as someone said, Kerala one of the southern states people eat pork.

Thank guys, very surprising to be honest. Eaten in many Indian restaurants and Indian house yet never seen a pork dish.

Tastiest food? I've never eaten pork before so wouldn't know how it taste :lol:

You wont find pork in restaurants because it will be bad for business, considering the mix of religion and culture of India.

we all prefer veg food, less oil, no fat outside of home.

If you have eaten chicken, it is much more tastier than that.:D

No,
Majority of Indian Don't eat Pork... Pork are not served anywhere in India except Kerla/North East and Goa... Except these 3 places you need to work very hard to find pork shop...

You forgot Coorgis, it's their favourite food. Again common, especially among Christians of Mangalore. Plenty of places in Bangalore where you can get/eat pork.

I like
1. Litti Chokha (Same as dal-Bati ), Its popular in Bihar.
2. Fish in thick mustard Curry (Bengali-Bihari Style)
3. Chicken in onion Gravy...
4. Lassi and Buttermilk (Chaach)

And most loved food is DBC (Daal Bhaat Chokha), Yellow pulses , steamed rice and mash potato with pickle,chutney, Ghee, papad, green chilli and onion.. Yumeee....

bhai log is there anyone vegetarian? :what:

By the way what do you guys think about

chole bhature

batura.jpg

Butter Naan

Butter+Naan.jpg

Daal makhani

dal_makhani1.JPG

kadhai paneer

kadhai-paneer1.JPG

Both Veg and Non Veg Indian food have found their taker worldwide but I personally like the way Indians have made vegetables taste so good.:tup:

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

20080510001903!Pakistani_Food_Beef_Kabobs.jpg

Pakistani Beaf Kabab

Dude no one knows about Pakistani food outside the subcontinent..!! no one have ever heard about Pakistani food even in India..

World Famous Pakistani Chicken Roast

salt+baked+chicken.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Both Veg and Non Veg Indian food have found their taker worldwide but I personally like the way Indians have made vegetables taste so good.:tup:

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Dude no one knows about Pakistani food outside the subcontinent..!! no have ever heard about Pakistani food even in India..

Wrong dude....90% of Subcontinent Food eaten in America is Pakistani.......Live there for some time so I know batter then u. :p

Back
Top Bottom