What's new

Why Is Indian Food So Popular All Over The World?

And here's some of Bengali desserts ...

Ladikeni
KQ4a34db66f13ee3.58178154.jpg

Pantua
pantua+001.jpg

we call them gulab jamun here in north

I think its mainly Northern India food that is popular all over the world.

To be precise, Harayana and Punjab food that is increasing India reputation in food world wide.

Not just North India, South Indian' Hydrabadi biryani, Maharashtrian and Gujarati thali all are very delicious.

Chinese food is different in every country.

I used to love Americanized Chinese food -- especially Mongolian beef and Kung Pao chicken. But I can't find them here in Australia, at least they don't taste the same.

I like Chinese food in America better than the Chinese food in Australia.

You can find those in pretty much every Chinese restaurant in Chatswood or St Leonard's, also the eateries in China town.

I like it because it uses so many spices and is "full" of taste, without being unhealthy. "Real" Indian food is way to hot for my european tongue though ;). So it needs to be tonned down in terms of the curry. But its really tasty, especially what it does with chicken.

You can find those in pretty much every Chinese restaurant in Chatswood or St Leonard's, also the eateries in China town.

The mongolian beef in Australia is different from the one in US. Chinese food in Australia is much more bland than in the US. I have tried many restaurants in Sydney and Melbourne.

The kung pao chicken -- it's chicken with peanuts -- in the US is extremely spicy! It is one of the most common dishes in American Chinese restaurants. They even mentioned it in a Seinfeld episode. I tried couple places in Australia that served chicken with peanuts, but it was bland with some thick sauce -- definitely not kung pao American style.

When I was in Hyderabad, India. I had some Dum biyani, it was tooooooo spicy when compared to what we get in here, unable to eat it completly, however its the best

Here ... :cheers: ...

Himsagar Mango preparation with prawns .

mango2_250_kolkata.jpg

Langra mango Shake

mangoshakebysonali.jpg

amer jonne malai chingri (coconut milk shrimps curry) ,shrimp do piaza (onion shrimp) bagda shrimp bhuna, shimp cutlet, magoor er jhol, koi macher jhol, shorsho(mustard) hilsa, tengra parar kekra anglo style crab curry banaye rakhbein ami aisha khabo

This is wrong thread to view at 2 am in the night..........
man i am hungry!!

I was just wondering.....excluding Muslims, what percentage of Indians are vegetarians?

Back
Top Bottom