What's new

why is denying the holocaust against the law?

No, there's a big difference between criminalizing the dispute of a historical fact and having people say and do whatever you wan't. Civil liberties related to politics, free choice, and so on, that is very limited. I see how you could extend that to anarchy, but I'm not suggesting anarchy, just not selective freedoms and blatant hypocrisy without a very good reason. ;)

Again, you have to take into account that the Nazis were the worst thing that happened to Germany, Austria, Poland ... and of course Israel.

Its not surprising that Nazi propaganda (And spreading such lies is Nazi propaganda) is forbidden by law, to protect their basic democratic values.

Freedom of speech

Dude, seriously, all you are not allowed to do is, to deny the genocide. Nothing more. You can march in the street in full SS kit and nothing happens. This is not something i find morally questionable, i feel denying deaths of millions shouldn't be allowed under the "free speech" banner, but should be disallowed under the "good taste and morals " banner.

World War II can't be blamed solely on the Nazis. And the Nazis cannot be considered one offs. I'll explain in detail later, leave your reply here.

Either way you turn it, their result brought massive degradation in advancement of the whole continent.

doesn't matter bro
allowing the governments to have laws like this will encourage them to add more authoritarian laws on later.

Laws are added after a majority vote in the parlament, so the government needs to convince the parlament.

why criminalize it all?
what so freaking hard about just letting believe believe it didn't happen.
our schools currently brian wash us and do a whole month of trying imbed the holocaust into our heads almost every other year, and yet i don't give a crap about and I'm like 70 years past the holocaust, in another 20 years nobody will give a rats *** about it

We apply the scientific approach. If you make a statement, you should back this up with facts.
People publishing untrue stories will be shunned.
Denying one of the most documented facts of history, is an insult to our intelligence.
They are allowed to believe, but trying to convince others of false facts
will and should be punished. But I do think they should get a chance to prove their case in court.

That is illegal also in the US, according to @500 's link.

As I said this number is based on demography, thus it includes deaths from all cases. In large conflicts death's are always calculated through demography.
That is fine...But to term 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust is wrong! Esp since many escaped, changed ID, denounced their religion or whatever, died of natural causes, accidents...putting all of them under holocaust is really wrong!
You should also remember that prior the WW2 Jewish population of Europe was rapidly growing.
There are alot of populations that are not rapidly growing as they used back in those days ...now its a fashion to have 1-2 kids only!

Last edited:
it's mainly used by Muslims against Non-Muslims to settle financial and property disputes. Or to grab lands of Non-Muslims.

No always, some NGOs also provoke some minority people to do that in return of better future abroad.

That is fine...But to term 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust is wrong! Esp since many escaped, changed ID, denounced their religion or whatever, died of natural causes, accidents...putting all of them under holocaust is really wrong!
Its common method to calculate the casualties through demographic loss. When u hear that 60 million people died in WW2 - thats same demographic loss.

There are alot of populations that are not rapidly growing as they used back in those days ...now its a fashion to have 1-2 kids only!
Such changes dont happen in 2 years. Think a little before screaming.

Such changes dont happen in 2 years. Think a little before screaming.
You think? and whose screaming? so questioning you is screaming?! Lovely way to have discussions! Very encouraging indeed!

Again, you have to take into account that the Nazis were the worst thing that happened to Germany, Austria, Poland ... and of course Israel.

Its not surprising that Nazi propaganda (And spreading such lies is Nazi propaganda) is forbidden by law, to protect their basic democratic values.

Israel didn't even exist.

Its common method to calculate the casualties through demographic loss. When u hear that 60 million people died in WW2 - thats same demographic loss.

Killed and died imply two different things.

what shouldnt be against the law?
the things you stated

We apply the scientific approach. If you make a statement, you should back this up with facts.
People publishing untrue stories will be shunned.
Denying one of the most documented facts of history, is an insult to our intelligence.
They are allowed to believe, but trying to convince others of false facts
will and should be punished. But I do think they should get a chance to prove their case in court.

That is illegal also in the US, according to @500 's link.
so because it is an insult to our intelligence it should be against the law?
so next insulting people will be against the law?

Laws are added after a majority vote in the parlament, so the government needs to convince the parlament.
oh ok so that makes the laws ok right? is that european logic?
human rights go in toilet for you people when your trying to win an argument? shame on you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom