What's new

Why is Bollywood dominated by Khatris?

Why is Bollywood everyone in Bollywood Khatri and everything has some sort of Punjabi theme/connection? Why don't they make films that star and have to do with the rest of our cultures?
Dude... lets look at the most famous movies in past couple of years..

1. Bajorao Mastani: Marathi
2. RaamLeela :Gujrati
3. Kahani: Bengali
4. Piku: Bengali
5. Chennai Express: Tamil
6. Tannu Weds manu: UP
7. Dangal: Haryanvi

Stop crating troll threads.

Yes it is said that they originated from Punjab.

BTW by any chance Sheikhs in Pakistan are khatris originally ?
Good number of them are Khatri, being associated with trading and business. In places like Chiniot and elsewhere, they use both the title of Sheikh as well as their Khatri clan name like Sethi, Vohra, Puri etc. Some even have the surname Khatri as well.

Dude... lets look at the most famous movies in past couple of years..

1. Bajorao Mastani: Marathi
2. RaamLeela :Gujrati
3. Kahani: Bengali
4. Piku: Bengali
5. Chennai Express: Tamil
6. Tannu Weds manu: UP
7. Dangal: Haryanvi

Stop crating troll threads.

7 films compared to the 1000s of Punjabi related films created in the same time frame.

images

As of now Baahubali is a big trend in India, the movie also released in Pakistan and has got good feedback

It's mostly Punjabis and people of Pashtun descent. They just tend to look 'better' and 'fairer' compared to actual Indians.

Punjab also has a rich and strong culture that heavily circles around music specifically, which is a big part of the Bollywood industry. Which is also one reason why most of your popular singers are also Punjabi.

Punjabis have changed the cultural perception towards India, in a positive light - of course. What many foreigners think of Indian culture, they're actually just thinking of Punjabi culture.

and no offense, I think the rest of India; except for maybe parts of South India lacks unique culture.
Sir, there is more to India than what you have written about. Most uninitiated people (including myself for some time) assume that north indians are pretty and south indians are not. Most of our actresses are from south India.
One community for example - the Tulus of Karnataka are laden with good physical attributes.

Most north Indians look like east Pakistanis, Pashtuns have easy to recognize central asia features.
I am a punjabi and I have seen the prettiest women coming from kumaon and garhwal in UP.

Bengalis are fair as well. India is a strange place to generalize I have given up doing that.

how did we make you feel insecure about your appearance?
Because your ancestors instigated racial violence. Which is prevalent even now. Including the problems in many of the colonies. :mad: India-Pak issue is one such.

Sir, there is more to India than what you have written about. Most uninitiated people (including myself for some time) assume that north indians are pretty and south indians are not. Most of our actresses are from south India.
One community for example - the Tulus of Karnataka are laden with good physical attributes.

Most north Indians look like east Pakistanis, Pashtuns have easy to recognize central asia features.
I am a punjabi and I have seen the prettiest women coming from kumaon and garhwal in UP.

Bengalis are fair as well. India is a strange place to generalize I have given up doing that.
What do you define as 'North India' anyway? Most of North India is UP-Bihar or Ganges Plains.

Because your ancestors instigated racial violence. Which is prevalent even now. Including the problems in many of the colonies. :mad: India-Pak issue is one such.
None of this was started by the British, they would actually prevent racial violence so as to maintain order and control, and 'India-Pak' issue most definitely wasn't. The British united the regions of Pakistan and India, if anything you should be thankful to them regarding this.

You forgot Shahrukh Khan

Yash Chupra,

Babita
Raveena Tandon

Manuj Kumar

Madan Puri
Prem Nath
Yea and also father of Salman, Sohail and arbaaz aka salim khan descended from some Pashtun tribe.

Patudi family aka saif ali khan has some realtives in Pakistan and some in India. Our PCB chairman Sheryaar khan is their relative as his mother Abida Sultan was the eldest daughter of Hamidullah Khan, the last nawab of the Bhopal state.

Fardeen khan/Feroz khan/Kader khan/Zayed Khan have Pashtun origin from Afghanistan

So bollywood is very much pashtun plus Punjabi roots

Brits are not responsible for this . They're much ahead of us in humanity and equality . Infact I believe if it were Brits still ruling us we would've been in much better position in the 2nd great Britain .
:woot: Seriously you need some education. When the Brits came in the combined GDP share of India in the world was 20% by the time they left it was less than 1%. We lost most of the indigenous industries, started off the divide among different communities. Massacre, violence, Slavery, Racism. If the British were still ruling us, we will be today's somalia but on a large scale. They left because there was nothing much worth taking. And they lost all the looted wealth to Americans fighting wars.

Yea and also father of Salman, Sohail and arbaaz aka salim khan descended from some Pashtun tribe.

Patudi family aka saif ali khan has some realtives in Pakistan and some in India. Our PCB chairman Sheryaar khan is their relative as his mother Abida Sultan was the eldest daughter of Hamidullah Khan, the last nawab of the Bhopal state.

Fardeen khan/Feroz khan/Kader khan/Zayed Khan have Pashtun origin from Afghanistan

So bollywood is very much pashtun plus Punjabi roots
Shahrukh Khan and Dilip Kumar (born Yusuf Khan) are Hinkowans rather than Pashtuns

:woot: Seriously you need some education. When the Brits came in the combined GDP share in the world was 20% by the time they left it was less than 1%. We lost most of the indigenous industries, started off the divide among different communities. Massacre, violence, Slavery, Racism. If the British were still ruling us, we will be today's somalia but on a large scale. They left because there was nothing much worth taking. And they lost all the looted wealth to Americans fighting wars.
British did not start any divide, had the British not invaded there would some ten different countries in place of India right now, that would be a proper 'divide'. Large scale slavery happened only in Bengal and South India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom